Festival of Fantasy Parade Dragon

Hey all,

I am assuming the fire-breathing dragon will never return to the parade. Was the temporary float replacement made permanent? I haven't been since the incident happened and was wondering what the final solution was.

I recently read somewhere that the dragon at one of the foreign parks is again breathing fire. That would lead me to believe that once repairs have been made to our dragon, it will indeed return to normal operation.

I was hoping it would return by next week, but doesn't seem likely. Maybe by the time we are there in the spring.

Dang I missed the update that it wasn't coming back until after the new year! Super bummed! What is the replacement, btw?

When I was there in around mid/end September they actually didn't even have the replacement float. That was the one with Aurora and Prince Phillip that I read about, right? They just kind of skipped over that part in the parade, though. The ending just kind of went like: Brave float-walking characters, Alice and the Seven Dwarfs-Pinocchio float-Goofy & Chip and Dale-Mickey Mouse & Minnie ending float.

When my family had gone 2 years ago and saw the parade the dragon was placed after the Brave float, I believe. But this time after the parade, my siblings and I talked about how it definitely seemed like a short parade, shorter than years past, and just seemed kind of...bland(?) without the dragon.

Honest truth, out of 4 days in MK this past August, we didn't take the time to see the parade at all. In previous years, we have stopped to watch it pretty much every day.

When I was there in around mid/end September they actually didn't even have the replacement float. That was the one with Aurora and Prince Phillip that I read about, right? They just kind of skipped over that part in the parade, though. The ending just kind of went like: Brave float-walking characters, Alice and the Seven Dwarfs-Pinocchio float-Goofy & Chip and Dale-Mickey Mouse & Minnie ending float.

When my family had gone 2 years ago and saw the parade the dragon was placed after the Brave float, I believe. But this time after the parade, my siblings and I talked about how it definitely seemed like a short parade, shorter than years past, and just seemed kind of...bland(?) without the dragon.
I believe the replacement float is used in the Halloween parade, so they haven't been using it since the Halloween parties started.

I had been hoping that what, 6 months, would have been enough for Disney to get the dragon up and going again o_O
Guessing they're just taking extra precautions or something because of a possible safety issue? We didn't even watch the parade this trip because the dragon was what we wanted to see

I believe the replacement float is used in the Halloween parade, so they haven't been using it since the Halloween parties started.

I can confirm this... The Gazebo is now in 'Boo to You' - so they've removed the entire Sleeping Beauty segment from FoF... Makes for a very short parade and it now lacks the climax and drama that scene brought - along with the fairies, and stilt walkers. All now gone...

I'm skipping over FOF this coming December. For me the parade is underwhelming without the Dragon. Not enough to get me to stand among the crowds for 30-45 minutes anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter