Feeling sorry for myself... need a kick in pants!

crazymama

DIS Veteran
I woke up yesterday SO pumped... Disney in 4 days!!!! Took the old minivan in for a tuneup before we head to Vancouver to catch our flight!! The tuneup just came in at $1600 BEFORE taxes! Aarghh! I feel a little deflated and need some pixie dust to ramp me up again!!!! I had just finished telling DH that we can really enjoy this trip and I refuse to "nickel and dime" purchases. Crap. Help DISSERS!!!!! We are going to have the best time of our lives there right? In Disneyland who needs a Ford Windstar!!!! :cheer2:

Just think about the wonderful time, how much gas you will save, how safe your family will be, and that you will arrive there without the inconvienence of calling a towing company, the delay, etc.

Have a great time.

Try to distinguish the planned expense of the Disney holiday from the unforseen extra expense of the car.

Don't let it ruin your holiday experience - you have put a lot of effort into this holdiay. Although I would go for all things in balance - no one wants to overdo one thing only to return to the harsh reality of the bills piling up!

When my daughter and I visited a few weeks ago I was amazed at how much was on offer that was included in the ticket price - and every single magic moment happened without any extra expense! We even mostly lost our appetites, so I did not find our food bill huge....

Remember, in three years time you will completely forget about the car, but you will have so many happy memories about your time away.

Have a wonderful time! There will always be something at home that needs fixing, and that will cost money. Leave those worries behind you and live in the MAGIC for a few days! Truly priceless family time, worth it's weight in gold. Go with no hesitation, and return with no regrets! Bring home some golden Mickey Ears and a lifetime of memories! ::MickeyMo

I feel better already! Thanks for reminding me that bills come and go but the memories will live on forever!!! Disney Rocks!!! :Pinkbounc

Crazy Momma let me sing you a little song...

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Zip-A-Dee-A

My oh my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-DahZip-A-Dee-A

Mister bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth, It's actual
Everything is satisfactual

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Zip-A-Dee-A
Wonderful feeling, Wonderful day

I won't sing all of it, just enough to get you started singing it too!

In my experience, it ALWAYS works out. DH and I owned a 20 year old pickup in 2000. The week before we were set to go to WDW for the first time, the darn thing broke down. We parked it, went on our vacation, had a fabulous time, and came home to deal with it. I know it's hard to just set the problem aside, but we get so little vacation time that it just seems like a waste to spend it worrying on something that we can't control. Go and have fun!!

Just remember that you will be driving in a safe van and don't have to worry about any potential car problems.

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Are you flying from Vancouver BC? I fly from there when the flights from Victoria are too expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter