Feeling sad, after cruise is done with

Thank you for all your responses. I am feeling better now. I decided to start planning my next cruise which will hopefully be this summer on one of the Alaska cruises.

Also, once things settle down, I’m hoping to write a trip report (since when I was planning my trip, reading trip reports helped a lot), and it will help me relive the happy trip.

I do hope Disney will do another Panama Canal cruise in the future, since I may consider giving the westbound version a try.
Would love to do a Panama Canal cruise one day. Unfortunately, none of the other ships have plans to go to the West coast right now.

The last day is always bittersweet. I'm happy to be going home but equally sad that it's back to the "real world."

Yes! After being at sea for so long, you are excited to come home but quickly realize the real world is not as great as you were imagining while on your contract 😂
Your return to “a whole new world”. You’ll have to run errands, drive in traffic, do grocery shopping, cook and hardest of all, deal with people that are not in the WDW cacoon. When did you transfer from being a WDW CM to a DCL crew member?

Howdy, my wife and I were on that cruise. It doesn't help that the last two days had lousy weather and rough seas. Our solution is, like everyone else says, book another one. Doesn't matter much for where, when or how long. Just knowing it's coming up helps a lot.

Yes! After being at sea for so long, you are excited to come home but quickly realize the real world is not as great as you were imagining while on your contract 😂
Your return to “a whole new world”. You’ll have to run errands, drive in traffic, do grocery shopping, cook and hardest of all, deal with people that are not in the WDW cacoon. When did you transfer from being a WDW CM to a DCL crew member?
Howdy, my wife and I were on that cruise. It doesn't help that the last two days had lousy weather and rough seas. Our solution is, like everyone else says, book another one. Doesn't matter much for where, when or how long. Just knowing it's coming up helps a lot.
Many years ago DW and I would experience the *Debarkation Blues* as we walked off following our cruises but we found that B2B's made things much better and we don't mind the *Return to our REAL WORLD* life.

When booking our GETAWAYs each time it actually requires 2 future cruises to be booked :cool1::cool1: plus during B2B's we get 2 or more Free Specialty Dinning reservations plus a FREE bottle of wine or spirit's plus an Imported Sparkling Wine for each cruise thanks to our Status and accommodations. The BIGGEST disadvantage of booking this way is the extra amount of weight in the luggage from 6 or more of bottles we take home. :rotfl:

We've made a pact now to have another cruise booked before we get off a cruise, so that there is always a countdown in our app.

I get so sad about a cruise ending that I can't even go see Believe the last night on the Fantasy. It's a bit of a tearjerker already, and add to that I'm sad about having to leave the next morning that I start bawling.

We've made a pact now to have another cruise booked before we get off a cruise, so that there is always a countdown in our app.

I get so sad about a cruise ending that I can't even go see Believe the last night on the Fantasy. It's a bit of a tearjerker already, and add to that I'm sad about having to leave the next morning that I start bawling.
This was the entire Cast during our final show of Dreams on Saturday. If one person started crying, guaranteed everyone around them started too. Same for Til We Meet Again later that night. Here is our final bow in Dreams and our final Team Princess photo3348EBD5-05C2-4826-9B41-4E1DA873C519.jpeg61E63D8E-C510-45CE-A005-B34E7412927B.jpeg

Booking another is what makes me feel better lol! Go back to the planning and excitement stage! Bummed right now, we just got off a cruise end end of Nov. I can't book right this second due to some big life changes. As soon as things calm down (should be end of Jan) I'll be booking another. For now just researching and picking which cruise I want

The only thing that helps is having a placeholder or another cruise booked. The knowledge that it's not over forever just for now is how I cope. Reality is just not as joyful. I also tell myself that without the day to day I couldn't afford the occasional DCL trip. Alas.

The last cruise we did (not DCL tho), blues didn't kick in until a couple days later when I started realizing people just weren't as into what I did on my vacation as I was. To this day I still catch myself saying, "when I was in/on/at..." So I participate on these boards with like minded people to live vicariously or relive my moments.

I do have to say going on another line is great but even then I find myself missing the Disney magics.

The only thing that helps is having a placeholder or another cruise booked. The knowledge that it's not over forever just for now is how I cope. Reality is just not as joyful. I also tell myself that without the day to day I couldn't afford the occasional DCL trip. Alas.

The last cruise we did (not DCL tho), blues didn't kick in until a couple days later when I started realizing people just weren't as into what I did on my vacation as I was. To this day I still catch myself saying, "when I was in/on/at..." So I participate on these boards with like minded people to live vicariously or relive my moments.

I do have to say going on another line is great but even then I find myself missing the Disney magics.
I find myself comparing and contrasting with Disney a lot too, but the reality is that DCL just isn't financially feasible every single time. Especially when Carnival or Royal gives a similar product for almost half the price.

Disney is still my cruise line of choice but for a lot of people, only sailing Disney isn't financially possible.

Yes, the last few days on the cruise was gnarly. I did ok the whole trip in regards to sea sickness, but those few nights were hard.

Yes, the last few days on the cruise was gnarly. I did ok the whole trip in regards to sea sickness, but those few nights were hard.
Probably the roughest couple of days I’ve ever experienced on a cruise. Luckily I’m not affected by it.

This was the entire Cast during our final show of Dreams on Saturday. If one person started crying, guaranteed everyone around them started too. Same for Til We Meet Again later that night. Here is our final bow in Dreams and our final Team Princess photoView attachment 818936View attachment 818937

Thank you so much for posting these pictures!! We were on the EBPC and all of the cast members, you included, made the trip to special! It was wonderful having the opportunity to meet you!

I have also been sad now that the cruise is over, but as other suggested, I have been focusing on our future cruises. It helps having some DCL to look forward to!

Thank you so much for posting these pictures!! We were on the EBPC and all of the cast members, you included, made the trip to special! It was wonderful having the opportunity to meet you!

I have also been sad now that the cruise is over, but as other suggested, I have been focusing on our future cruises. It helps having some DCL to look forward to!
Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad you had a wonderful cruise!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter