Feeling overwhelmed

WishMom09

DIS Veteran
We fly out Thursday night and sail Friday. The only thing I have packed is our pirate costumes.
I just feel so overwhelmed. Not sure the type of clothes to pack. Warm or cold ..... We are doing the land and sea! Dressy or casual....so I'm procrastinating

Sounds like us... I tend to pack the night before when I am more sure of the weather I'm in for! Is packing it all an option? :boat:

For the park you should bring casual clothes like jeans and TShirts. Maybe just bring a few dressier tops to wear with the jeans on the cruise. I usually bring just a few bottoms and wear them a few times with different tops.

Pack what you want! If you pack for the parks, you'll have the right clothes for the cruise (caveat, check on the weather). If you want to dress up a little or a lot on the ship, it's the perfect setting and you will really enjoy it. If you don't want to dress up a little or a lot, then just bring the same clothes as you'd wear in the parks. You'll see everything, and everyone has a good time no matter what they wear. Really, that's the least problem you will have.

Glad you're packing pirate costumes! There is no such thing as one that is too elaborate (or strange IMHO), wear and enjoy them with the hundreds of others you'll see.

It's been such a warm winter in Florida this year. So it will be even warmer in the Caribbean.
It was 80 today in Orlando.

Don't stress too much - it's supposed to be fun! Don't forget that you can always do laundry on your trip if necessary!
I'd go mostly casual, with maybe one pair of black pants and two dressier shirts that you can rotate for formal/semi formal nights and/or Palo.

Aby

We fly out Thursday night and sail Friday. The only thing I have packed is our pirate costumes.
I just feel so overwhelmed. Not sure the type of clothes to pack. Warm or cold ..... We are doing the land and sea! Dressy or casual....so I'm procrastinating
Whatever you do, please don't take 12 pairs of shoes for a 4 night cruise like my wife did.

I usually bring just a few bottoms and wear them a few times with different tops.
12a.jpg

This is my idea of a basic packing list:
For boys/men:
One t-shirt for each day of the trip
One pair of long jeans
Two pairs of shorts that match the shirts
Two long sleeve shirts
One hooded sweatshirt
One nice outfit for dress up night on the cruise
Socks/unders for each day plus an extra just in case
One PJ
Two bathing suits
(Remember you'll also have the clothes you traveled in)
One pair of water shoes/flip flops/crocs
One spare pair of shoes - maybe for dress up night, or just nicer sneakers
For Girls/women:
Same as above, maybe add sundress for casual, besides dressy outfit. Or capri pants instead of / in addition to shorts.
Don't pack too much - if you need to, you can do a wash.
Girls also like "princess" costumes, if you have.
Then, of course, all meds, toilettries. Don't need to pack shampoo or conditioner or body soap.
Sunscreen.
Batteries and chargers.
Some quiet time activities.
And most of all, don't worry - whatever you don't have, you probably don't need, or you can buy!
ENJOY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter