Feeling discouraged about ADRs

ekmom

Mouseketeer
It's been about 10 years since I've done any ADRs, we've been mostly a quick service family in recent years. For our upcoming trip we want two ADRs, TRex for dinner and Tusker House for breakfast. Today was our 60 day mark for TRex and my son got on right at start time this morning and there was nothing available. Tomorrow will be our 60 day mark for Tusker House and I'm very nervous that the situation for that one will be the same.

Is it that hard to get ADRs these days if you're offsite?

T-Rex is owned by Landry's. You can become a Landry's club member that will get you seated without a reservation. It cost $25 and you get a $25 GC for signing up. You also get $25 on your birthday. We have used ours for Rainforest and been seated before those with reservations many times.

That seating policy might have changed during the holidays.
I would doublecheck to verify just in case.
I do like the other benefits of joining Landry’s Member Program .
Keep checking for your dates something might open up.Hope so!

How large is your travel party? I’m seeing Trex for 4 @ 9:15 pm (March 29th) 60 days from today.. as I’m refreshing I’m getting 8:30 & 9 pm now.. for parties of 2/4/6/8

Our party size is 9 but we realize we might have to split into 4 and 5. We've got 4 year old twins and a 7 year old so we're hoping for something early because a late dinner would be a disaster. We'll keep trying

Our party size is 9 but we realize we might have to split into 4 and 5. We've got 4 year old twins and a 7 year old so we're hoping for something early because a late dinner would be a disaster. We'll keep trying
look at the loyalty card and call T Rex directly talk with them after you get your number. always have better luck directly than with Disney dining

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Early dinners (& lunches) are definitely harder at T-rex and Rainforest for the exact reason you mentioned. Lots of families with little ones all needing that early time slot. That said, there are always people who change their plans or have several reservations and have to decide between them and drop the one you need. Like it’s been said above.. just keep checking randomly! 🤞🏻

130 pm lunch for 6 on March 29 is available. Don’t know if you can 2 do parties of six . ADR doesn’t have to match exact numbers, you can be under .

130 pm lunch for 6 on March 29 is available. Don’t know if you can 2 do parties of six . ADR doesn’t have to match exact numbers, you can be under .
Thanks! I was able to get one 6 person reservation for 11:00 and I'll keep trying to get another one for at least 3 people. You people are awesome!

A lot of restaurants don’t have tables for 9 or reservations for 9. You may have to break it up

Have seen several older threads where people seem to find availability closer to the date of their trip. I would assume those who have booked up several ADR's ahead of time start to cancel when they have finalized their plans and don't want to pay the no-show charge.

We have a Landry's card and use it all the time at Y&Y. I'm assuming the experience at T-Rex would be similar. We just go up to the front desk, show our card, and we get put on a list. Every once in a while we have a wait of maybe 20 minutes for a table, but often people with reservations have to wait that long, so there's really no difference.

This information is from recent experiences, including just a few weeks ago in the beginning of December.

You may not want to risk it with such a large group but we have just started walking up to Rainforest Cafe when we first get to Disney Springs and put our name down to wait, then we walk around Disney Springs and do whatever else we were planning to do there until we get a text that our table is ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter