feedback/Advice on Buying Groceries at DVC villas

Last time we were there we used Amazon's PrimeNow. No charge for delivery because DH met them in the lobby. Bell Services didn't have to deal with any of it. We're already Prime members so it was an affordable choice for us and it was not a very big order.

If you have a larger order, Walmart Grocery can cost significantly less than the other options (they also have a HUGE selection).
Publix is the way to go in FL. walmart is filthy, esp the produce area.

Publix is the way to go in FL. walmart is filthy, esp the produce area.
We've physically shopped at the Walmart in Kissimmee (as well as Publix & Winn-Dixie nearby) repeatedly, & have ordered from that Walmart at least 15 times.
Perhaps you are speaking of a different Walmart, as that one has always been very clean, well stocked, & organized. We absolutely would not shop there at all if there was any question of cleanliness whatsoever. At worst, the parking lot may have a stray piece of paper every once in a while, but I've even seen that occasionally in Disney parking lots :)

I live in FL. so just trying to give helpful advice. If you stick to Publix brand when possible and shop sales ( they have lots of BOGO),the price difference is really nothing.

Last time we were there we used Amazon's PrimeNow. No charge for delivery because DH met them in the lobby. Bell Services didn't have to deal with any of it. We're already Prime members so it was an affordable choice for us and it was not a very big order.
Is it customary to tip the prime now delivery person? I’m assuming so, right?

We used walmart a few times during our last trip and one prime now. The reason for the prime now shop was I had three orders from walmart and they were always out of ketchup , paper bowls, and pancake syrup. I talked to walmart and he said make sure you go through the subs lists, not just click subs allowed. When I question how could they be NO ketchup, he said the if the item is out of stock, the computer tells the shopper what to pick up. So I guess if the computer says out of stock and doesn't tell the shopper get brand X,, even if there is a different brand or size on the shelf, you still don't get ketchup.

It was over a year ago but if I remember correctly they automatically add tip to your order total but you can edit it. I would say yes, you should tip something. Probably not as much as the pizza delivery guy, IMO, just because they won't deliver it right to the room. We had to meet them in the lobby and haul the bags up ourselves. Not a big deal for us and we're generally good tippers. But I'm fairly certain the Prime Now drivers are making an okay hourly wage and don't really rely on tips. But it's a nicety.

We've physically shopped at the Walmart in Kissimmee (as well as Publix & Winn-Dixie nearby) repeatedly, & have ordered from that Walmart at least 15 times.
Perhaps you are speaking of a different Walmart, as that one has always been very clean, well stocked, & organized. We absolutely would not shop there at all if there was any question of cleanliness whatsoever. At worst, the parking lot may have a stray piece of paper every once in a while, but I've even seen that occasionally in Disney parking lots :)
Are you talking about the Old Lake Wilson Rd store? We'll be staying at AKL next month and plan to pick up groceries there. (Never thought we'd be Walmart Grocery shoppers, but the pandemic changed that. We do almost all of our grocery shopping through their Pickup & Delivery service: love it!). SO excited to be able to use this service there, since grocery shopping cuts into my vacation time!

Are you talking about the Old Lake Wilson Rd store? We'll be staying at AKL next month and plan to pick up groceries there. (Never thought we'd be Walmart Grocery shoppers, but the pandemic changed that. We do almost all of our grocery shopping through their Pickup & Delivery service: love it!). SO excited to be able to use this service there, since grocery shopping cuts into my vacation time!
We use the one on 535/Vineland: 3250 Vineland Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746
I understand completely - I had never even entered a Walmart until we started food shopping while at Disney :o . They have a HUGE selection (including items you can't get at a grocery store such as salon shampoo, specialty foods, even pillows & such), & food quality is at least identical to what we've purchased at Winn-Dixie & Publix.
Btw, they mostly use UberEats for the actual deliveries to resorts- every driver has been very timely & helpful.

We use the one on 535/Vineland: 3250 Vineland Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746
I understand completely - I had never even entered a Walmart until we started food shopping while at Disney :o . They have a HUGE selection (including items you can't get at a grocery store such as salon shampoo, specialty foods, even pillows & such), & food quality is at least identical to what we've purchased at Winn-Dixie & Publix.
Btw, they mostly use UberEats for the actual deliveries to resorts- every driver has been very timely & helpful.
Thanks! If we were at BWV that would be a closer store, but from AKL the one I listed is closer. Since we'll have a car, we'll do pickup.
We've always been Publix shoppers in WDW, BUT ordering ahead of time with WM will definitely save us some time!

Publix has a pick up or delivery now too. I think with instacart? amazon Prime also delivers.

I agree, the one time we went to that Walmart. it was clean...but the crowds were huge, and it took nearly 45 minutes to check out. Now I order through Amazon Prime Now, different from regular Amazon App, when I'm at Disney. OR if we want a special item like a cake, then Publix.

Hubby stayed at Riviera in early March, and used Instacart from Publix for the first time. He was pleased with the results/service. He did have some issues while the shopper was trying contact him about substitutions. He was on the skyliner, and had a weak signal, couldn't respond right away, but it worked out. He met them outside for pickup. Was the first/only time he didn't have a car in WDW. We usually do grocery shopping on our first day there, or sometimes on our transition day on a split stay. Either Walmart, Publix, or last trip, found a lot at the Target near AKL.

Both are good options. I don't think Amazon Fresh delivers alcohol. Instacart will but you need to be present when they deliver and show ID. I've used dizzydolphindelivery.com for groceries and specialty items and have been very satisfied with their service but they are not the least expensive of the bunch. However, they will shop multiple locations to get exactly what you request.
If you do something like Amazon Fresh or Prime Now and you are not there when it is delivered, will they refrigerate the items? What about frozen items, will they put those in the freezer? And how do they know what should go in the fridge/freezer if they do? Also is there a cutoff time for bell services? Our flight gets in our first night at 9:30 PM, I'm sure we won't get to the room till like 11:00 PM. I'm debating having the delivery set to come that first night or the next.

Thanks!

If you do something like Amazon Fresh and you are not there when it is delivered, will they refrigerate the items? What about frozen items, will they put those in the freezer? And how do they know what should go in the fridge/freezer if they do?

Thanks!
Yes. The Bell services have huge refrigerated storage rooms for all this. I was clueless too. My shopped delivered our stuff to the Bellman, they kept it til our room was ready & we had the option to pick it up or they’d deliver it. We had a car so we opted to grab it.

Yes. The Bell services have huge refrigerated storage rooms for all this. I was clueless too. My shopped delivered our stuff to the Bellman, they kept it til our room was ready & we had the option to pick it up or they’d deliver it. We had a car so we opted to grab it.
Thanks! What about frozen stuff? Will they keep it in a freezer? How do they know what should go into a fridge and what should go into a freezer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter