Februrary 2019- Superbowl Sunday?

tykayausjake

Mouseketeer
It will be about 5 years since our last visit and I'm not sure what to plan for/expect since so much has changed. Right now we are planning on arriving on Feb 2 with our first planned park day being on Superbowl Sunday. Any guesses as to crowds on that day/week? We'll have 5 day hopper passes. We're thinking of subbing out a Sunday park day for Saturday as the last couple of times we have been, Saturday was completely packed. I know there isn't a real off season/low crowd time anymore but trying to get an idea of what to expect. Also, the last time we went, the castle was covered by a giant tarp. So it's gotta be uphill from that right? LOL

I generally thought the rule of thumb was that Sundays are busier than Saturdays during the non-peak season because fewer APs are blocked on Sunday (only SoCal Select is blocked on 2/3). Overall it sounded like things weren't horribly busy this year (2018), but in past years there have been reports of larger than expected crowds. I would guess that it's going to be a typical Sunday...but it might depend on who is in the game. If it's a local team, it might mean more folks would stay home to watch the game...

Jan and/or Feb is really the slowest time of the year. I can't see Super Bowl weekend being any different from the other weekends. But, I agree that Saturday is about the same as Sunday with the black out days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter