February holiday?

Poohbear80

Earning My Ears
Always went in the Summer to Disney World and left at least a year between trips. Had an amazing time the last time we went so considering going sooner. Thinking of going February but people say it is actually cold. Is that true? I don’t expect the temperature to be like the summer heat but I was thinking it might be nice not to have that melting heat that happens in the middle of the day. Has anybody went in February? What are crowd levels like?

From personal experience, I can share a few thoughts. We go early February. First, the weather. It is SO much nicer than the potential stifling heat of the summer. We've gone most years in the past 20, and it is very rare that we don't have several days where it's nice enough to swim. We also have the occasional cold front come through, and we've had days where we bumped up our Disney souvenir collection with hats, gloves, and scarves! But most of the time, the weather is nice during the day (shorts/t-shirt, or perhaps pants/light sweatshirt), and chilly at night (pants/sweatshirt). As for crowds, definitely recommend earlier in the month. Once you get to mid-month, it seems to get busier. You'll have the President's Day holiday weekend, Valentine's Day, some years Mardi Gras is in Feb, the race at Daytona brings in people, and they also have the Princess runs later in the month.

Some down sides to early Feb? They often do more rehab work on resorts and attractions that time of year, so you might miss out on something. The parks might close earlier, too. But with lower crowds (traditionally), we get to see/do everything we want. Good luck with your decision!

The one trip I took in February convinced me to never go at that time again. It was raining and cold the entire trip. I realize we had bad luck with that, but I'm not willing to risk my Disney fun on another trip with those same weather conditions.

And, yes, it's cold. I've had more than one Jan or Feb trip where I wore my winter coat the entire time. And I've also had January (not Feb) trips where I was wearing summer clothing the entire time. It just depends.

My husband and I had our first February trip in 2022 and are going back in February 2024. I think February will be our new normal time to go. The weather is the main factor in that. My husband is very hot natured and gets hot very easily and he was comfortable in shorts and a tee shirt every day (with the exception of our final night). I am the opposite and get cold easily. I was comfortable in my long athletic leggings and a tee with a sweatshirt or light weight pull over on in the morning and evenings (I just tied it around my waist when I didn't want to wear it during the day). Our final night was the only exception to all of this. It got down right chilly and we didn't have time to go back and let hubby change into his long pants so we bought him a blanket to use during fireworks. He still gets teased about his Tinkerbelle blanket HaHa. The rest of the trip was wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter