February completely booked?

MDT

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
I was trying to book a stay at the campsites from 31Jan-4Feb, but was only able to get a full setup site booked 31Jan-2Feb over the phone. Online shows that no sites are available from 2Feb-4Feb.. Has anyone else run into issues like this? This will only be our second time at the campsites so I am not sure if we could extend our stay once we check in or if there is a better way? Thank you in advance for any advise or guidance. We fell in love with the campsites during our last stay and now I don't want to stay in any of the other resorts, lol!

I can't speak to the typical busyness of the Fort at that time - so I will let others chime in on that. I will say that I've read a lot, from many on these boards, that sites are harder and harder to come by, and winter is not a slow time at FW due to all of the northerners who have come south! That said, you are just now hitting the cancellation window for packages for the dates you are mentioning. Room only reservations (which are probably the greater portion of FW campsite reservations) can be cancelled up until 5-6 days before the date. So, I'd keep checking, you never know what might pop up. In the meantime, I'd make a back-up reservation somewhere locally if you want to be sure to be able to stay in the area.

I am running into the same issue. I need the last night of our reservation (3/2) and all that is available is a full hook up and we are staying on a tent site. I have checked multiple times daily for almost 2 months and now I'm getting worried. I would even take an extra day at the beginning (2/24) but can't get that either.

This time of year (non-summer) weekends book up very quickly. That's likely why you can't get Friday. Like Mickey Fan said, you are just hitting the cancellation window. Keep stalking the web site and try calling a couple of times a day. Others have been successful piecing together trips around Halloween and Christmas.

j

Last edited:

I just got the 1 night added to the start of my trip. Now I will have 1 1/2 non park days to enjoy the fort!! Yay!! Now I just need that last night to open up and it will all be perfect

I was able to just book another day, but at the premium campsites. Only 1 day still needed to be booked to make my trip complete!

I just got the 1 night added to the start of my trip. Now I will have 1 1/2 non park days to enjoy the fort!! Yay!! Now I just need that last night to open up and it will all be perfect
I was able to just book another day, but at the premium campsites. Only 1 day still needed to be booked to make my trip complete!
Congrats to both of you! Keep checking for that last night. I seems like most people get it with persistence.

j

Yeah like Teamubr said weekends are popular especially with "locals" (folks within a few hours of the Fort). They tend to book often and early and February is the start of their season (it's too cold in January for many locals). They book MONTHS in advance.

If you get a mix of site levels (full, premium, etc.) keep trying to piece together your dates at the same level. If you finish your efforts with a mix of levels, you WILL have to move as the levels change as the days roll along. So keep trying right up to check-in if need be.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter