February 2022

Amunet

DIS Veteran
Hey guys,

I'm looking at early February 2022 reservations and I am shocked with how high the prices are! Usually early February is lower in price, particularly since the Princess Marathon is later in the month (no idea what is going on with runDisney in 2022, though).
Is something going on in early February? I don't understand why PoP would be $235+ a night or AoA LM would be $265+ a night during this time of year. What am I missing?
... this can't just be because of the 50th Anniversary/relaxing of Covid restrictions ... can it?

Pent-up demand for travel. People want to travel and have a year or so of vacation budget saved up. Look how few resorts were included in the late summer discount. Disney has seen that people are willing to book at higher rates to have a vacation on the books.

Well, that far out you're looking at the rack rates. Typically (key word) there are discounts/promotions that come out eventually.

Although Feb has a couple of peaks and valleys in terms of demand - Pres Day weekend (and for some parts of the country/school systems, week), Princess Half in normal times, Mardi Gras, depending on the calendar (it's 3/1 in 2022).

I guess my perspective is skewed from too many Deluxe stays - $235-$265/night at Pop or AoA doesn't sound all that bad to me! :goodvibes

Hey guys,

I'm looking at early February 2022 reservations and I am shocked with how high the prices are! Usually early February is lower in price, particularly since the Princess Marathon is later in the month (no idea what is going on with runDisney in 2022, though).
Is something going on in early February? I don't understand why PoP would be $235+ a night or AoA LM would be $265+ a night during this time of year. What am I missing?
... this can't just be because of the 50th Anniversary/relaxing of Covid restrictions ... can it?
It's pretty normal for these rates this far out. February while not prime time, is still not considered off season. You can definitely book your resort of choice and then if a special is released, hopefully apply it to your stay or rebook with the new promo.

Wow, thanks guys. I seriously thought there may have been an event I was unaware of. Well, I hope Port Orleans resorts open soon so the rates would calm down.

Well, that far out you're looking at the rack rates. Typically (key word) there are discounts/promotions that come out eventually.

Although Feb has a couple of peaks and valleys in terms of demand - Pres Day weekend (and for some parts of the country/school systems, week), Princess Half in normal times, Mardi Gras, depending on the calendar (it's 3/1 in 2022).

I guess my perspective is skewed from too many Deluxe stays - $235-$265/night at Pop or AoA doesn't sound all that bad to me! :goodvibes
Yeah, even rack rates, POP is usually under $200 for that time and All Stars are available (All Star Movies is not available for the time I'm looking at) but when they are, they are more like $120-50.

Lol yeah, I can't afford deluxe unless DVC rental, but I can see why those prices are a good deal based on deluxe prices.

You say early February but which dates are you actually looking at? Pop shows under $200 per night for the first 2 weeks in February when I’m looking.

It's called supply and demand. We are seeing this with air travel, fuel prices, new car sales, rental cars, and so many other things. I'm not a Disney apologist, but they have lost millions over the last year and a half and the demand for the product, especially with the 50th anniversary approaching is sky high, I really don't see a whole lot of discounting in the near future. Why should they? There are thousands upon thousands of people like me who just booked a vacation at WDW for rack rate (last night) also for February 22, and really don't expect a discount or free dining or anything. It's going to take a long time to rebound and have life back to some kind of normal after shutting much of it down for over a year.

You say early February but which dates are you actually looking at? Pop shows under $200 per night for the first 2 weeks in February when I’m looking.
Feb. 10th-13th tentatively ... still figuring out exact dates but check-out will be the 12th or 13th

It's called supply and demand. We are seeing this with air travel, fuel prices, new car sales, rental cars, and so many other things. I'm not a Disney apologist, but they have lost millions over the last year and a half and the demand for the product, especially with the 50th anniversary approaching is sky high, I really don't see a whole lot of discounting in the near future. Why should they? There are thousands upon thousands of people like me who just booked a vacation at WDW for rack rate (last night) also for February 22, and really don't expect a discount or free dining or anything. It's going to take a long time to rebound and have life back to some kind of normal after shutting much of it down for over a year.

Not sure you read my post. I asked if there was an event I was unaware of, not confused about the concept of supply and demand. I also never inquired if there would be discounts.
The other people answered my question. Hope you enjoy your Feb. trip, hopefully I can join you (we are wanting to squeeze in Universal as well)!

Maybe because Valentine's falls on Monday the 14th, so those dates fall on Valentine's Day weekend. Just a thought. Ha
Mmm, that is plausible. I checked dates that didn't include the weekend and they were lower (still no ASMo though), so yeah, your theory may have merit. Man, 2020 didn't just screw up 2020, it's screwing up years after it! Lol

Feb. 10th-13th tentatively ... still figuring out exact dates but check-out will be the 12th or 13th
If you look at the rate calendar, the prices go way up for the 11th, 12th, and 13th. If you can change your dates to the weekend before or even earlier that week, the prices would be much cheaper.

We are also going Jan 26th - Feb 9th. I noticed that a lot of room options aren't available. For instance, there aren't any tower rooms at Coronado Springs. Port Orleans & French Quarter hasn't opened yet either. Also, I'm not sure if WDW is selling resort rooms at full capacity yet. It's possible they are holding onto some rooms because of capacity limits? Maybe they'll release more soon? That's just speculation.

But either way, with 2 of the moderates currently not taking reservations and the tower at CS being fully booked that could drive up prices of other rooms.

And I agree with the the poster above, weekend rates will be a lot more than if you booked for the week before. That will definitely cause a higher rate.

Fingers crossed for those February discounts though!

We are also going Jan 26th - Feb 9th. I noticed that a lot of room options aren't available. For instance, there aren't any tower rooms at Coronado Springs. Port Orleans & French Quarter hasn't opened yet either. Also, I'm not sure if WDW is selling resort rooms at full capacity yet. It's possible they are holding onto some rooms because of capacity limits? Maybe they'll release more soon? That's just speculation.

But either way, with 2 of the moderates currently not taking reservations and the tower at CS being fully booked that could drive up prices of other rooms.

And I agree with the the poster above, weekend rates will be a lot more than if you booked for the week before. That will definitely cause a higher rate.

We are looking at almost the exact same days (Jan 27th to Feb 9th). Although, we are doing a split stay between Disney and Universal.

If you look at the rate calendar, the prices go way up for the 11th, 12th, and 13th. If you can change your dates to the weekend before or even earlier that week, the prices would be much cheaper.
Yeah, I played around with checking out on the 11th and prices dropped significantly and ASMo became available. We are deciding if having 1 or 2 days of unpaid time off is worth the difference.

Yeah, exactly, the lack of resorts being open is really not helping. We would prefer Port Orleans for our stay. I'm thinking about waiting to book until we hear more about the other values and moderates opening up.
Discounts would be awesome! But I'm not going to hold my breath if the reason why rooms are so expensive now is due to demand, there would be no reason to discount.

We are looking at almost the exact same days (Jan 27th to Feb 9th). Although, we are doing a split stay between Disney and Universal.
Hey we are planning on the same! Universal then WDW. Do you know which hotel you will be staying at for Universal? We are still deciding.

We are doing Disney first (27th to the 4th), booked for Pop Century right now. We then move to Royal Pacific at Universal (4th to 9th). We have stayed at the Hard Rock twice before, going to try something new this time.

We are staying at the Poly for a week starting on 2/28. We are planning to fly in on the 27th and will stay one night at the POP. I was shocked to see one night there over $230.

We are doing Disney first (27th to the 4th), booked for Pop Century right now. We then move to Royal Pacific at Universal (4th to 9th). We have stayed at the Hard Rock twice before, going to try something new this time.
We decided on Royal Pacific for the 3rd to 7th, so we might be able to bump into each other!

We are staying at the Poly for a week starting on 2/28. We are planning to fly in on the 27th and will stay one night at the POP. I was shocked to see one night there over $230.
Right?! I can't believe it is so high

So many people on here with my dates! We’re staying 1/26-2/10. Staying at universals Royal Pacific from 1/26-1/29 then at BWV from 1/29-2/10. My coworker is going at the same time and is staying at pop and I think she said it was like $160 a night or somewhere around there. So maybe OP should try to go at the very beginning of February if possible

So many people on here with my dates! We’re staying 1/26-2/10. Staying at universals Royal Pacific from 1/26-1/29 then at BWV from 1/29-2/10. My coworker is going at the same time and is staying at pop and I think she said it was like $160 a night or somewhere around there. So maybe OP should try to go at the very beginning of February if possible
Haha well there we go, lots of people are going in early February. Looks like Royal Pacific is a favorite of those of us here on the DIS because we just booked our Royal Pacific stay for 2/3-7. We haven't booked just yet but we are planning on booking tomorrow for our WDW stay 2/7-11 and yeah, the prices are much cheaper before the weekend hits, so we adjusted our dates up a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter