***** February 2022 Thread *****

Hi, all! I'll be coming to Orlando for a business conference and am tacking on 1 day early and staying 1 day late so I can have some ALONE TIME in the parks. So excited! I've been with my husband and daughter 4 times 2015-2021 and I haven't been alone since I was in college in the early 2000s.

I will only get 3 partial days but it's absolutely better than nothing! Staying off-site for the first time due to the conference.

Dates: 2/20-2/24/22

I will have Sunday late afternoon and evening at Epcot (Festival of the Arts and fireworks!)
Monday morning through early afternoon at MK
Wednesday afternoon/evening at MK (fireworks!)

So, just the 2 parks this time. No one ever wants to enjoy the countries with me in Epcot so I'm super pumped to spend a few hours there.

Any other solo travelers? I'm trying to decide if I'll rent a car and pay for that + parking fees or brave Lyft/Uber alone (which makes me nervous)

I woke up early to try for Oga's on Saturday morning and got nothing for more than a party of 1. :sad:

Aw man, that's a bummer. I looked again and now all those open times on our HS day are gone. Glad I was able to snag one just to experience it.

Hi, all! I'll be coming to Orlando for a business conference and am tacking on 1 day early and staying 1 day late so I can have some ALONE TIME in the parks. So excited! I've been with my husband and daughter 4 times 2015-2021 and I haven't been alone since I was in college in the early 2000s.

I will only get 3 partial days but it's absolutely better than nothing! Staying off-site for the first time due to the conference.

Dates: 2/20-2/24/22

I will have Sunday late afternoon and evening at Epcot (Festival of the Arts and fireworks!)
Monday morning through early afternoon at MK
Wednesday afternoon/evening at MK (fireworks!)

So, just the 2 parks this time. No one ever wants to enjoy the countries with me in Epcot so I'm super pumped to spend a few hours there.

Any other solo travelers? I'm trying to decide if I'll rent a car and pay for that + parking fees or brave Lyft/Uber alone (which makes me nervous)

How fun. You're right, three partial days are better than no day at all. You being solo will make it easier for you to accomplish things too.

Hey there! I've been posting in the Jan'22 thread (and my own planning thread) but came across a February specific question. I've been booking my ADR's daily at 60 days (off-site stay at the Waldorf from 1/27-2/6) and am wondering if anyone else has noticed a lot less ADR's for the first week in February? For example, I know Coral Reef has been released (I found and booked 2/2 lunch, then later a 2/1 dinner, and have seen one ADR for 1/31 that has since disappeared) but right now there isn't another ADR the entire week we are there for CR. In contrast, there are LOTS for December and January, including for example many open times for the Marathon weekend (which crowd calendars show at 10 for most of that week). There are even several openings for Saturday night dinner that week! But end of Jan and early Feb, nothing available. Is it some IT bug that allowed me to book these even though they haven't opened up yet? Is it a case of reduced staff during slower times, resulting in less reservations available overall? Or is it actually so crowded first week in February that it makes a 10/10 Marathon weekend look tame in comparison?

There have been other noticeable oddities in ADR scarcity in our week compared to earlier, supposedly more crowded weeks. I've peeked at Marathon week, the weeks around Christmas and New Years, and right now, and the ADR's on our week look about the same, or sometimes worse! Also, I had much better success booking for our January dates just a few days prior. I've still been able to round up just about every ADR we were looking for (just need Topolino's breakfast at this point) and working on improving times if I can, which is where I noticed just how terrible the ADR selections for Feb have been vs Dec and Jan. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

Hey there! I've been posting in the Jan'22 thread (and my own planning thread) but came across a February specific question. I've been booking my ADR's daily at 60 days (off-site stay at the Waldorf from 1/27-2/6) and am wondering if anyone else has noticed a lot less ADR's for the first week in February? For example, I know Coral Reef has been released (I found and booked 2/2 lunch, then later a 2/1 dinner, and have seen one ADR for 1/31 that has since disappeared) but right now there isn't another ADR the entire week we are there for CR. In contrast, there are LOTS for December and January, including for example many open times for the Marathon weekend (which crowd calendars show at 10 for most of that week). There are even several openings for Saturday night dinner that week! But end of Jan and early Feb, nothing available. Is it some IT bug that allowed me to book these even though they haven't opened up yet? Is it a case of reduced staff during slower times, resulting in less reservations available overall? Or is it actually so crowded first week in February that it makes a 10/10 Marathon weekend look tame in comparison?

There have been other noticeable oddities in ADR scarcity in our week compared to earlier, supposedly more crowded weeks. I've peeked at Marathon week, the weeks around Christmas and New Years, and right now, and the ADR's on our week look about the same, or sometimes worse! Also, I had much better success booking for our January dates just a few days prior. I've still been able to round up just about every ADR we were looking for (just need Topolino's breakfast at this point) and working on improving times if I can, which is where I noticed just how terrible the ADR selections for Feb have been vs Dec and Jan. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

I just made my ADRs on Friday morning for the first week of February (trip is 1st-6th) and I noticed some places had absolutely no ADRs available. Others had them wide open. But on a February trip facebook group people were posting today they were able to get ADRs when they made them today at some of the more popular places for their trip that starts three days after mine. I wanted a Topolina's breakfast as well and people were posting today they got them for the week after my trip...UGH!

I did my ADRs this morning. It was definitely not wide open for all of them, but we did get into all of the places we wanted to. I need to try to adjust a time and date or two, but we have all of the reservations I hoped to get. That is with the exception of Space 220 Lounge and they don't have the schedules posted for our time yet.

I did my ADRs this morning. It was definitely not wide open for all of them, but we did get into all of the places we wanted to. I need to try to adjust a time and date or two, but we have all of the reservations I hoped to get. That is with the exception of Space 220 Lounge and they don't have the schedules posted for our time yet.
Glad you got what you wanted. They haven't posted and February times for Space 220 Lounge yet. I'm hoping to snag one of those too.

It isn't uncommon for some restaurants to delay the release of their reservations until a little bit later than exactly 60 days early. Our ADR day is tomorrow and there are a few I want to get, including Space 220 lounge. :)

Dining packages got announced for the Broadway concert series during Festival of the Arts. The dining packages are at Biergarten, Coral Reef, Garden Grill, and Rose&Crown. Guess that answers my question from yesterday about all those missing Coral Reef ADR's! And explains Biergarten's absence for reservations too. Garden Grill and R&C weren't on my radar, don't know if folks were looking for these and couldn't find them either. Guess I'll try and replace my current Coral Reef ADR with a package, but not gonna cry if I don't get it.

Hi! Frequent solo visitor here (female, late 30s...my Feb trip is to celebrate my 40th bday) I have traveled multiple times via Lyft/Uber while by myself on the way to Universal or WDW, and I have never felt uncomfortable. The apps even have a feature to let you share gps location as you travel, along with your driver's name/photo. I always send mine to my husband and sometimes a friend, too.

That being said, you need to do what makes you comfortable. If you do decide to go the ride share route, and are nervous about being alone in the car, maybe have someone you can call on the phone and talk with while you're traveling, and make the conversation about how you're so excited to be on your way to X, and you're getting close because you've just passed Y, etc...You can also make it sound like you're on the way to meet up with them.

I hope you have an amazing trip!! I really value my solo time at WDW. It's a time to recharge for me, and I love not having to worry about what anyone else wants to do or whether or not they're having fun.

How do I get a broadway dining package? I don't see anything available. I even looked on 2/15 (60 days + 10) for Biergarten at 3pm for 4 people. Nothing.

Just read that Splash Mountain going down from Jan 10 - Feb 10, and Thunder Mountain from Feb 14 - 18.

Glad I chose the 12th and 13th as my Magic Kingdom days, when both will be open!

Just read that Splash Mountain going down from Jan 10 - Feb 10, and Thunder Mountain from Feb 14 - 18.

Glad I chose the 12th and 13th as my Magic Kingdom days, when both will be open!

Well, that is a bummer. So, Splash Mountain only on 2/11 our last day. Assuming it doesn't run over. And no Exped. Everest.

How do I get a broadway dining package? I don't see anything available. I even looked on 2/15 (60 days + 10) for Biergarten at 3pm for 4 people. Nothing.

The Disney page on it says something about 12/14. So either reservations open then or the date for that should be given. I'm thinking the former.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter