***** February 2022 Thread *****

The current Special Offer of a Room discount ends in just 3 days on Sep 29th. Hoping we see a new offer soon and that it includes Feb 2022 dates!

Me too! I went through and looked at past promos for February ( both public promos and Disney Visa cardholder promos) and priced some things out using those just to see what I could save if its the same as the most recent ones. I also priced out what it would be to do up to a Deluxe if it was the same discounts in the past. I could actually go up to AKL for almost the same price I am paying at POFQ (even though it would be a standard king room and not a savanna view) but we would at least get the deluxe perk of extra hours in the park. We could also go back to Wilderness Lodge for just a little extra and we do love Wilderness Lodge. But we have never stayed at AKL so would probably choose it just for that reason. Of course that would all depend on if these resorts are even available for the discounts since sometimes some resorts are excluded. If they aren't I have a whole list of other options with price adjustment possibilities. As you can tell I like to be prepared with as much info as I can be when planning even if it may not happen.

I hear you about being prepared! :)

For us, after 2 cancelled trips we just want to get to Disney!!! I'm hoping if things improve and the border opens that we can do 2 trips next year or, a WDW trip plus a DL trip is a possibility too.

I noticed this morning that the room discount offer disappeared from the website overnight. In the past new offers often dropped on Tuesdays so I'll be looking tomorrow for sure! Will post here if I see anything.

Updated to here.
Sorry for not updating earlier, for some reason I wasn't getting notifications about the thread.

I've changed my plans with Disney, ended up staying one night and then booking a Royal Caribbean 4 night cruise. It actually ended up being cheaper than the 4 nights at ASmo (and the cruise includes food!). So still going to Disney but only spending one day at Epcot.

We just moved our vacation from this coming November to February. This is the second time it has moved but I am grateful we can go. We are doing Universal from Feb 25-28, staying at the Royal Pacific. Then we move to Pop Century from the 28th-March 5. Looking forward to it.

You will love RP.

So I just read that it was shared that on Genie+ you can't reride a ride using Genie+. Meaning if you grab a LL pass for seven dwarf mine train and want to ride again later in the day you have to do standby. Still debating on if I will need to purchase it for my MK and HS day or not because those would probably be the only two days I would get it for if I decide to get it. What's everyone's thoughts? Considering getting it? What about IAs? Anyone willing to pay to jump the line for a couple of the more popular/bigger rides? that I won't do unless something major happens to change my mind.

So I just read that it was shared that on Genie+ you can't reride a ride using Genie+. Meaning if you grab a LL pass for seven dwarf mine train and want to ride again later in the day you have to do standby. Still debating on if I will need to purchase it for my MK and HS day or not because those would probably be the only two days I would get it for if I decide to get it. What's everyone's thoughts? Considering getting it? What about IAs? Anyone willing to pay to jump the line for a couple of the more popular/bigger rides? that I won't do unless something major happens to change my mind.
Yeah I just heard that also. I will still consider getting it though. Maybe not for my whole trip though.

I am too.
I am also heartened by the low crowds for recently. Hoping that once the initial 50th excitement is over, the crowds will go back to low.
I hope the Magic Band + will be available for our trip.

I am too.
I am also heartened by the low crowds for recently. Hoping that once the initial 50th excitement is over, the crowds will go back to low.
I hope the Magic Band + will be available for our trip.
I just bought one of they 50th anniversary magic bands so I can't really get another one but I hope it is available early in the year. I wonder how much it will be.

I've had that on my to-do list this week. Only reason I hadn't is because I am waiting until the family comes home to give their final approval before I hit the buy button.

I was fuzzy on our dates so I have two weeks of one-night reservations. So, it won't be a problem to get the discount later on one of the MB+ later. I see this as being like getting a wand at USF. Only the child gets one. I guess at most I'd waste the $10 that DD's MB will cost. DH would be happy to use her Etsy Star War skin on his.

Just to clarify, everything points to Seven Dwarfs being an IA$ purchase which means it is not part of Genie+ and will only be able to ride by purchasing IA$ or, standby. It will not be part of Genie+.

What is being rumored though is that with Genie+ attractions (Peter Pan, Pooh, Big Thunder, etc.), guests will only be able to secure a reservation once a day for each attraction and after that they will need to wait in the standby line.

I believe that's what you were saying too, just wanted to clarify re: SDMT.

Just to clarify, everything points to Seven Dwarfs being an IA$ purchase which means it is not part of Genie+ and will only be able to ride by purchasing IA$ or, standby. It will not be part of Genie+.

What is being rumored though is that with Genie+ attractions (Peter Pan, Pooh, Big Thunder, etc.), guests will only be able to secure a reservation once a day for each attraction and after that they will need to wait in the standby line.

I believe that's what you were saying too, just wanted to clarify re: SDMT.

Yes that's what I mean and I just randomly picked SDMT. I am actually surprised it would be a paid IAs. I know it's popular but it definitely isn't worth to pay for in my opinion. Especially since it's such a short ride.

Yes that's what I mean and I just randomly picked SDMT. I am actually surprised it would be a paid IAs. I know it's popular but it definitely isn't worth to pay for in my opinion. Especially since it's such a short ride.
I'm guessing it's rumoured to be IA$ as traditionally it's the longest wait of the day in MK so one people want to skip the standby line. I will say it's one of our favourite rides in the MK! Not one I'd pay for but one we thoroughly enjoy.

I'm guessing it's rumoured to be IA$ as traditionally it's the longest wait of the day in MK so one people want to skip the standby line. I will say it's one of our favourite rides in the MK! Not one I'd pay for but one we thoroughly enjoy.

I like it too, just not enough to pay to skip the line just once.

Is anyone else looking at the non-bonkers crowds now and hoping the Feb crowds won't be so too bad for our trips? When planning pre-lockdown, lowest possible crowds was the primary criteria in picking dates.

Is anyone else looking at the non-bonkers crowds now and hoping the Feb crowds won't be so too bad for our trips? When planning pre-lockdown, lowest possible crowds was the primary criteria in picking dates.
I like your thinking but sadly I'm thinking it will be opposite. I'm preparing myself for large crowds thinking those who would normally be going now have delayed until the new year. I know that's our situation.

Hope you're right though!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter