February 2014

I think that happens 60 days before your trip, but I could be wrong about that.

Where can I find the number of days until my trip? I thought it showed on MDE but i can't find it.

I have the app Days to Go. It's great. An icon on iPad/iPhone showing days to go. You always know with just a glance how many days left without having to open anything.hth

You can add me to the list! My family and I will be staying at POR alligator bayou rooms from February 3-13!!! 100 days left!! Absolutely cannot wait!!!

Thanks! I found it when I logged in from out the disneyparks page.

107 days to go!!!!

When will I here about magic bands and FP+?

The 60 day mark for our February stay falls on Christmas. Somehow I don't think I'll be trying to make any Disney plans that day.

Actually, in practice, it has been 60 days or less. We were not able to customize our Magic Bands or select FP+ for our Nov. trip until about 42 days out. Now that they have been introduced for all the resorts it may actually be 60 days for all.

I am so glad we all have a place to plan our February trips together. Now that fall is here and the weather is starting to change It really is setting in that there is just a little over 3 months before we will all be heading to Disney! :disrocks:

Welcome DesiBelle9, luvmikids, and stephgles! :welcome:

You can add me to the list! My family and I will be staying at POR alligator bayou rooms from February 3-13!!! 100 days left!! Absolutely cannot wait!!!��

I am looking forward to checking out POR while we are staying at PORFQ for the first time on our trip. After Feb, I will have stayed at three of the four mods, so I guess I will just have to plan another trip to WDW to try out POR!

Just booked our trip! So excited February 8-16, CBR! Now on to dining ressies! Where is the one place you always have to eat when you first arrive?

My family really enjoyed our OHana's dinner, so I am planning that again this trip with a few new restaurants. When the kids were littler, we went to Chef Mickey's. It really seemed like a great place to start a trip with all the characters there and the napkin waving. It just seems to say, let's start this party! :cool1:

Well was having issues getting approval at work for my trip. So, my dh said it would be cool to be there during Super Bowl weekend. Yesterday at work I checked to see if those dates are ok and they were accepted. Changed my dates and had a nice savings.

It is nice to know that you still get to go! So, is that during the second week of Feb? You can reply with your exact new dates or shoot me an PM. :wave2:

Just found this group. We are going for our 3rd family vacation to WDW in February. I have a work conference for a few days so we are just extending the trip to make it a family vacation.

Feb 5 - 7 - Grand Floridian (work conference portion of the trip). I will be in class most of the day. DH will have the 3 kids by himself. DD7, DD4, and DS11months. He keeps telling me that he'll be fine but I'm a nervous wreck about that portion of the trip. I'm thinking about booking the pirate cruise thing for the girls so DH will just have DS to deal with for part of a day. That might be worse though because DD7 is a huge help with DS.

Feb 7 - 12 - POR - We'll move over to POR with the s/p/d package for the rest of the trip. My mom is flying down on Friday evening and will be with us for this entire part of the trip. The kids are super excited about having Mimi with us and I'm super excited about having an extra set of hands. We are booked in two garden view rooms and have requested connecting rooms. I'm really hoping we get connecting rooms so we can spread out a little more ... and hopefully send a kid or two to sleep with Mimi!

For those of you that will have a car, one of the options that I rarely see listed is to drive to the park for rope drop, take the bus back to the hotel for rest, take the bus back to the hotel for the evening, and then drive back to the hotel at closing. You will get a great parking spot by being there early. The busses aren't normally crowded at naptime so you can get a seat both ways. Then you don't have to wait in the crazy bus line at closing time and you don't have to walk far to your car.

I'm struggling with my ADRs this time around. We had free dining when we went in September 12. We had lots of ADRs and it put us on too much of a schedule. I want to be able to relax and take things at our own pace, but I also don't want to miss anything. But, honestly, if this is the toughest decisions I have to make, I'm leading a pretty awesome life!

All the new hours, new EMHs, and new parade times are really throwing me for a loop right now too. I wonder why in the world they are changing it. Makes me think something big is expected for February to bring in bigger than average February crowds.

Your suggestion for taking and parking the car in the morning and then riding the bus back to the resort for a midday break is a great tip!:thumbsup2

I understand your dilemma for making ADRs but being tied down and feeling restricted. I am going back and forth on this issue too.:scratchin

Hi! Coming to WDW for our first time. We will be staying at SOG and hoping that the grandkids have a very magical time! They are 2, 5, and 7....Fun ages I think for a first Disney trip.

You are right it will be a very magical time to take the grandkids! :banana:I hope when I have grandkids, I will be physically able to take them to WDW and experience the fun all over again with them as they see things for the first time and through the eyes of a child!
Have you set your exact dates? If so, let me know what they are and I will add them to your information on the first page. Right now, I just added you at the end since I didn't have any dates.

Hi Kathie Z. Thanks for the advice about taking a breather in the middle of the trip. One of the reasons I planned to do 3 out of 5 days at MK is so that we don't feel rushed at what I am assuming the park most geared toward the younger ones.

I got worried there for a second because I thought I forgot to book the Akesrhus Hall but realized its also called the Princess Storybook Dining which we did get for 8am also. Operation "Buy My DD's Love" is still on track! :thumbsup2

If you want to try dinner, I have read lots of great reports about the Cinderella Park Faire dinner at the Grand Floridian. During the meal, Cinderella and Prince Charming make an appearance and dance, sometimes with people at the tables. Won't that be something if your DD got to dance with Prince Charming? pixiedust: Of course, her Prince Charming now is you! :thumbsup2

Also, I hear the stepsisters and stepmother are there and are a hoot! :lmao:

Does anybody have advice on getting the most out of a first time experience for a 10 yo boy and 72 yo grandma? We have park hoppers and are staying on site at AS Movies from February 13-18 with a dining plan? Feeling a bit overwhelmed and excited at the same time.

Dreamsdocometrue40- I just wanted to let you know that I finally added you to the first page. I somehow missed doing that before.

So, what park do you think you are going to start with?

I guess I never let you know our resort! It's CSR, and we are staying until Feb 8th. Thanks!

You can add us from Jan 31-Feb 4. Cant wait to finally surprise our daughter with a trip.

booked for 1/30-2/6 at POR.

I just finished updating the first page. It has been fun watching our group grow.

I am starting to wonder what I am going to do when we can pick our FP+ times. I have read some of the threads about FP+ planning and not sure what to do. What are you guys thinking - would it be better to pick Fast Pass times for the morning or afternoons?

I just not sure what will work best for us. At first I thought the FP+ might be a good idea, but now it just seems like one more thing to stress about and leaves us little wiggle room to just tour the parks when we are there.

mdsouth said:
I just finished updating the first page. It has been fun watching our group grow.

I am starting to wonder what I am going to do when we can pick our FP+ times. I have read some of the threads about FP+ planning and not sure what to do. What are you guys thinking - would it be better to pick Fast Pass times for the morning or afternoons?

I just not sure what will work best for us. At first I thought the FP+ might be a good idea, but now it just seems like one more thing to stress about and leaves us little wiggle room to just tour the parks when we are there.

I think we will end up doing both because there are a couple times it would work best in the morning (day we are only doing am) and others we will be hopping. I have changed my mind a bunch already. Lol

Changed reservations to POR and now deciding if I should upgrade to the Royal Rooms. We will be there the 1st-8th. Was excited to snag the S/P/D deal AND cheap airfare!

I have no idea especially with the extended hours. I am even a little nervous about which parks we should be going to now.

I just finished updating the first page. It has been fun watching our group grow. I am starting to wonder what I am going to do when we can pick our FP+ times. I have read some of the threads about FP+ planning and not sure what to do. What are you guys thinking - would it be better to pick Fast Pass times for the morning or afternoons? I just not sure what will work best for us. At first I thought the FP+ might be a good idea, but now it just seems like one more thing to stress about and leaves us little wiggle room to just tour the parks when we are there.

Our game plan is to get them for late afternoon early evening when available. Our thought is that if you get there at rope drop it should allow for time to tour and ride rides before lines are very long and then later in the day when lines are longer and there are no fast passes left we will still have our 3 open to us if we still want to use them. If we already got to do what we wanted by that time then we can drop them and maybe a last minute planner will be able to pick them up. That's our plan anyway! From what I've read on these boards it seems like a decent one to us. We also got the fantasmic dinner pkg since they got rid of actual FP+ seats and are going to try to get a BOG FP+ lunch reservation. Neither of those 2 options count against. The 3 FP for the day and they both help move you through lines faster and secure good seats. My philosophy is if I've planned as well as I can then I can sit back and relax in the fact that I did my best no matter what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter