• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February, 2011 ~ Who's with me??

Gina

Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
Just booked DS and I back at our beloved Pop for 2/4 - 2/12, and am practically dancing around the room. :banana: We haven't been for more than 4 or 5 days since he was 7 (he's 14 now), and we are WAY excited about being able to see and do everything we want without rushing like crazy. And to be back at Pop is, well... :cloud9:

Who else is going next February??

We'll be there staying at AKL :woohoo:

Our original dates were 2/2-2/7 but we just found out that my son has a piano competition on 2/5 so we had to re-schedule.

Our new dates are 2/9-2/14...hopefully there will be no conflicts!!!

We're also hoping that these dates will be a Value Season. The V.S. ended on 2/12 the past 2 years, but since President's Day is a week later this time (it's not till 2/21), we are hoping the V.S will extend through our travel dates. :wizard:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I would like that if Pres. Day isn't until the 21st, ending value season on the 12th would be kind of early... but then the decisions Disney makes do defy logic a lot of the time! lol Here's hoping your whole trip falls within vs!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I would like that if Pres. Day isn't until the 21st, ending value season on the 12th would be kind of early... but then the decisions Disney makes do defy logic a lot of the time! lol Here's hoping your whole trip falls within vs!

Thanks Gina! I have my fingers crossed. ;)

Wow, how did you book for Feb 2011 when the rates aren't announced until August? Disney won't allow me to book a vacation package for 2/11 on line and when I called they said they same thing.

Wow, how did you book for Feb 2011 when the rates aren't announced until August? Disney won't allow me to book a vacation package for 2/11 on line and when I called they said they same thing.

That's correct, you can only book a room ressie over the phone right now. But that's all that matters to me -- it's not like park tickets and QS dining is going to fill up, but I want that specific preferred area at Pop. Even though it's value season, Pop fills up all year -- especially the preferred rooms.

Thanks very much. I do hope they keep value season until the Thursday before Presidents Day weekend. Originally we had planned for April 2010 but that fell through with a bang due to relatives getting ill, then we thought April 2011. But the kids vacation is Feb 14 through the 18 and we can't wait so looks like Feb. 2011 it is!

Last time in 08 we stayed at ASMu. I had never stayed on site before but have been going to WDW since 1972 (went to college in FLA). The last time before 2008 was 1990 with friends and we stayed off site- so yowza things had changed big time! DH is not into Disney at all so I go with my brother, sis-in-law and 2 nieces. This time if it is not value season we might try a moderate or even deluxe if a really good deal or code comes through pre-presidents day time. If not I am really dying to try Pop so we will be happy with wherever we stay.

Nice to meet you and thanks again for the info. Dis Boards got me through a lot of angst and questions in '08, our trip was much, much better due to these boards and the generosity of the members.

Does anyone know if the Free DDP has ever been offered in February before? We are hoping to go in Feb. 2011 and hope to get the Free dining plan.

Planning on a trip for President's Week, February 21-26. This will be our second President's Week trip in a row for us. Can't wait! You can check our my PTR, as this trip could be pretty GRAND! :cool1:

Me too! We're arriving Feb 23rd and leaving I think March 5th. We want to stay at POR, but haven't booked yet.

I would love to take the girls in February 2011. They will be 5 and 3 at that time. My husband says he wants to wait until both girls are at least 40 inches tall so they can ride more rides. Hey, by February they could both be that tall. Our oldest just barely is now.

Anyone know if the free dining plan is offered during this time?

TIA,

Sarah

I am planning on taking a girls trip there from Feb 24th - March 1st. I am planning on running in the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon and it is scheduled for that weekend. So in the theme of girl power, I am bringing some friends, my 4 year old DD and my mom down for a stay.

When planning around the end of the month, just know that the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend is the 25th-27th. Don't know if it will make a difference in park attendence and what not but it might.:earboy2:

This will be our family's 1st trip to WDW.-staying 2/2-2/7.
We have 2 boys (will be 3 and 6 then).

Hubby went when he was younger and I went once in my 20's for just 2 days(not enough!)

We are planning to stay at the POLY for 2 nights and then we have to switch over to off-site (Hilton Grand Vacations Parc Soleil-$199 for 3 nights).

Im sure I will be wishing we were onsite the whole trip but I'll take what I can get.:rolleyes1

I switched us to a Disney Visa right after DS 1 was born (now 5) so we have mucho Disney dollars saved up :banana:..one reason that I think we should stay at the POLY! :thumbsup2

I'm always looking for advice and have been told to start our stay at POLY and then move off site..anyone have other ideas...I'll hear them all??!!!

thanks and looking forward to counting down with ALL of you :grouphug:
Ann Marie

Just booked 2/6/11 to 2/12/11 at FW. This is the first trip for DH and the kids, I went there 26 years ago. I'm guessing it has changed a bit in the last 26 years :-).

We'll be there in Feb- sometime after Feb 18th when dgs has his school vacation. We're very excited.
Do all the parks close early in Feb?
Do you all like going in Feb? Is it a lot cooler usually?
Wondering if dgs will be able to go swimming.

DH, DD#3 and myself will be in the World Feb 10 to Feb 15 at CBR. Can't wait to try this resort. We will be there to see DD#2 and her cheer team perform.

Nan

We'll be there in Feb too...leaning towards the 4-12 :)

Still trying to decide upon which resort to stay at. I'm afraid to book anything but a value resort with the kids but really want to try CBR for myself lol.

I am soooo excited because instead of going back to disney this year I had my little guy...didn't want to go 7 months preggo and I wanted him to be old enough to enjoy things which will work out perfect in Feb 2011 :)

Does anyone know if the Free DDP has ever been offered in February before? We are hoping to go in Feb. 2011 and hope to get the Free dining plan.

I would love to take the girls in February 2011. They will be 5 and 3 at that time. My husband says he wants to wait until both girls are at least 40 inches tall so they can ride more rides. Hey, by February they could both be that tall. Our oldest just barely is now.

Anyone know if the free dining plan is offered during this time?

TIA,

Sarah

NO! :sad1: Free Dining has NEVER been offered in February! :sad2: You can check MOUSESAVERS for the historical deals for that time of the year. In 2009 and 2010 we were at WDW on the buy 4, get 3 free deal!! AWESOME!!! :goodvibes

We are looking at our budget and vacay time and trying to decide whether we will make it to WDW again next winter! LAte January/early February is a GREAT time to visit!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter