• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2011 - who's going? - IT'S FEBRUARY! WAHOO!

It feels like our trip is really here now after all this planning! We leave Thursday, and I've officially placed our Von's order!

I am stealth packing this weekend, since the trip is a surprise for the kids.

I'm revising my packing list for rain, rain, rain! I'm off to get some Crocs for the kids that don't have any, and I'm checking our poncho stock. I just hope we don't get rain all day every day - just enough to keep the lines away!

Your family and mine are leaving and coming home the exact same days! Where are you leaving from?

I hope you have a wonderful trip!! I'm hoping for a little rain to keep some of the crowds away but not too much (sheesh, I am SO picky!).

Your family and mine are leaving and coming home the exact same days! Where are you leaving from?

I hope you have a wonderful trip!! I'm hoping for a little rain to keep some of the crowds away but not too much (sheesh, I am SO picky!).

We're coming from Houston. I'll have my lime green mickey head - maybe we'll run into each other!

I hope you guys have a great trip, too!

I'm so excited about the surprise, and it's starting to be hard to keep it a secret! Only a few days to go...

I hope you all have a good time. We decided to cancel our trip/HoJo Reservations. We had such an awful time in December, none of us wanted to make the 8 hour drive down and back.

I hope you all have a good time. We decided to cancel our trip/HoJo Reservations. We had such an awful time in December, none of us wanted to make the 8 hour drive down and back.

Oh that is too bad. I am sorry you had such an awful trip.

I got a big chunk of my packing done today. It looks like there has been some improvement in the weather forecast for this week! I'm debating whether we'll need our heavier coats or if hoodies and raincoats will be warm enough during World of Color, etc. I remember everyone was so cold watching Wishes at WDW one year, it was really miserable. To avoid a repeat of that, we'll probably just bring them. Being from Texas, even our heaviest coats are not all that heavy!

Is anyone else bummed out about disappearing Fastpasses? First, no Buzz Lightyear and now no Space Mountain? My fondness for Fastpasses will probably cause us to go to WDW in the future, rather than going back to California, as it seems they're phasing them out. I hope we can still get on those rides without a horrendous wait!

I got a big chunk of my packing done today. It looks like there has been some improvement in the weather forecast for this week! I'm debating whether we'll need our heavier coats or if hoodies and raincoats will be warm enough during World of Color, etc. I remember everyone was so cold watching Wishes at WDW one year, it was really miserable. To avoid a repeat of that, we'll probably just bring them. Being from Texas, even our heaviest coats are not all that heavy!

Is anyone else bummed out about disappearing Fastpasses? First, no Buzz Lightyear and now no Space Mountain? My fondness for Fastpasses will probably cause us to go to WDW in the future, rather than going back to California, as it seems they're phasing them out. I hope we can still get on those rides without a horrendous wait!

Yes, I was definitely sad to hear about SM FP. That's no good :sad2:. The weekend is going to be busy enough without missing FP's.

I see that the weather has changed slightly but I noticed even though it shows more sun, it keep the same amount of rain (lots). We're just going to bring our regular rain jackets from home. I showed the kids ponchos at the store and they looked at me like I had 2 heads. No way they are going to wear those... :rotfl2:. I'm prepared to get wet. Bringing lots of extra socks and extra pairs of shoes. With Monday being sunny though, I have a feelings its going to be CRAZY after such a rainy holiday weekend.

I tried to pack this weekend but could only do so much. We still need to wear many of our clothes this week... but it is definitely harder for you with it being a surprise. I can't wait to hear how it turns out!

when we were there last week the lines were great only long one was toystory most were only only 15 min max some were only 5

Just so you know, FP for Space Mountain wasn't closed permanently. Just a short closure for paving project. Should be back up tomorrow. Have fun! :goodvibes

I just checked the weather again, and it looks WORSE!!! Man, what a bummer. I am sure my wife and I will still have a great time and without kids, there will be less pressure to try and do more than we might want :)

I just checked the weather again, and it looks WORSE!!! Man, what a bummer. I am sure my wife and I will still have a great time and without kids, there will be less pressure to try and do more than we might want :)
Just make sure you have the right gear (waterproof shoes, ponchos, I swear by big golf umbrellas) to stay dry! That is key to being able to stay in (and enjoy) the parks. :thumbsup2

Never thought about Screamin in the rain :) I also like the idea of the golf umbrella. I will need to look into one of those. Hopefully it will be clear enough to keep from getting soaked every day and just enough to keep the crowds down a bit :)

Well, the day is here! My wife and I are getting ready to head out for DL here in about 10 minutes (always waiting on women!!! :rotfl:). Received a confirmation call from our limo service, and it looks like the rain dies off around 3pm! We will need to be at the GCH around 1pm though so we can pick up our order from Vons. :yay:

Well, the day is here! My wife and I are getting ready to head out for DL here in about 10 minutes (always waiting on women!!! :rotfl:). Received a confirmation call from our limo service, and it looks like the rain dies off around 3pm! We will need to be at the GCH around 1pm though so we can pick up our order from Vons. :yay:

Have a great trip!

We are down to one week until we fly in!

HI So we just went to DL last Sat 12-15 this was our first winter trip and inbetween holidays, thinking valentines on a monday everyone would be at work and WHAM - parks were FULL, long lines even on Tuesday - I dont think there is a down time ? We were disappointed we are DVC so we go again in July however that is when we expect crowds - Feb was suppose to be our chance to enjoy the parks as OFF SEASON - not sure we will go again in the winter.

Also there is a lot closed so if this is your first trip or only trip for awhile just be prepared - we were ok with it but we go back again this summer.

UGH not sure why it was so busy again maybe there is no off season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter