February 15, 2015 Disney Magic WC Family and Kids Meet

belac

I like fluffy!
Hi All
We have had a request to have a thread for Families that want to start corresponding before our cruise on the Magic February 15, 2015 WC. Ports of call Key West, Cozumel, GC, & CC.
If you are on this cruise and want to meet and talk with others in our group - before we set sail- this is the place.
The Regular Cruise Meet and FE sign-up are here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3222534

Please go there to sign up for FE. Again this is just for the families already on the meet to correspond prior to the cruise as far as get together, pen pals (e-mail pals) etc…
Thanks Everyone

Thanks belac. We can keep an ongoing roll call in this post if anyone wants to add their info. Just let me know your DIS name and who is in your travel party.

OK, I guess I'll start then :cool1:

Stimpy: Self, DH, DS(15) DD(10, almost 11 at cruise)
Eeyoreandtink: Self, DH DD (11)
Iolanthe: Self, DH, DD 11, DS 7
Misako: Self, DH, DD(14 at the time of cruise), DS (6), DD (1)
Mspb18: Self, DH, DD 8
Bjornda: Self, DD 10, DD 2

I did an intro in the other thread but will do a new one in here too :goodvibes

We are traveling with myself, DH, DS who will be 15 when we go, DD who will be almost 11 and my parents (in a separate stateroom).

This is our 8th DCL cruise, 7th on the Magic (1 was on the Wonder). We did the Western once before but it was 9 yrs ago so we're looking forward to trying it again now that the kids are older. :cool1:

Thanks for setting this up!

We are me, DH, and DD11.
We would love to connect with other families with Edge aged kids, and would love to find someone willing to pair up for dining so we don't have to sit alone.

Thanks Stimpy for keeping the list. The Meet Thread would be insane to keep up with if this was in the mix as well. Already have multiple FE lists, gmail, docs, and FB to run through almost daily. Glade it is separated:thumbsup2
Tammy

No problem Tammy! Thank you for organizing everything else:goodvibes

Hi Everyone

Iolanthe me, DH, DD 11, DS 7

This will be our second cruise and we are in a party of 3 cabins - travelling with my Dad and with my brother and his family.

My kids would be happy to get to know others on the ship and beforehand (although I'm not sure how good a correspondent DS will be!) DD was too young for the Edge last time but will turn 11 just a few days before we sail!

My sister in law isn't on the DIS boards but she loves the Fish Extender exchange! Her DDs will be 11 and 7 by the time we sail.

Bye for now

Vicky J

Uk

Hi, We are family of 5. Me, DH,DD(will be 14 at the time of cruise), DS (6), DD (1) This will be our third cruise and first one for Miki and on Magic. :cheer2: I am not sure what is the best way those teen and tween to communicate. My DD is so into Tumblr now not too much on FB anymore ... I am not sure they can create the secure group like our FB page... :confused3

I hope I am using this right...

Hi, We are family of 5. Me, DH,DD(will be 14 at the time of cruise), DS (6), DD (1) This will be our third cruise and first one for Miki and on Magic. :cheer2: I am not sure what is the best way those teen and tween to communicate. My DD is so into Tumblr now not too much on FB anymore ... I am not sure they can create the secure group like our FB page... :confused3

I hope I am using this right...

Hi Misako
is Miki a boy or a girl? on the other thread you have Miki as a boy on this one a girl also in your signature I see DD, I assume a DD. I just want to be sure to update the list.

Originally Posted by Misako
Just booked this one. We love to join the FE.
We are me, DH, DD (14), DS(6), and DS (1) from California. * Age are time of the cruise.
Will love to get know you all.

Hello everyone!
Can not wait to get to some vacation time. It will be me, DH, and DD 8. We made some great friends on our last cruise and am anxiously awaiting this one. We have also decided we will not limit Em's time away from us, so we are looking at a lot of time without her.

I have seen kids threads set up here for kids to communicate. It would be easy for parents to monitor.

Welcome eeyoreandtink, Vicky J, Misako & mspb18!

I'm not sure the best way for the tweens/teens to communicate pre-cruise either. On a past cruises, my DS & DD were involved in email chains and there were threads here for kids only. They didn't really like the DIS threads though since they had to use my log in name so didn't use it. :rolleyes: Facebook is an option. My DS has his own account but DD does not...she would have to use mine or I could make her one I guess.

Hi Misako is Miki a boy or a girl? on the other thread you have Miki as a boy on this one a girl also in your signature I see DD, I assume a DD. I just want to be sure to update the list.

Miki is a GIRL!!!

So tell me who is doing Main Dining and Who is doing Late Dining?
We are doing late with our group of friends.

We are doing main dining. Our first cruise, we we're sit with other family and had a great time. Last time we were by our self which nice in the one way but felt like miss something... We are wondering what will happen this time.

We are doing late dining. We have for the last two cruises. We eat late anyway because DD is at either dance or cheer until 7 most nights, and we love the extra time in the evenings on the ship.

We are myself, DD 10 and DD 2.

We are doing main seating although we do always eat late at home too (DD10 is a dancer as well!).

I'm having a hard time getting excited so far but probably because I haven't hit the "paid in full" trigger yet. Once that happens I'm sure I will be far more active in all discussions :)

We're Main dining. We actually have always been early eaters. With all the activities at home & DH working nights, we try to eat after homework & before practices, games, rehearsals etc. Doesn't always work that way but we try! Plus we found on the cruise that this way we get dinner out of the way and we have all night to do whatever we want. We aren't really into the shows so we skip most of them anyway.

We always eat at 5pm in Vegas, but on the Disney Cruise I preger Early Dining these are some reasons

We can Nap if we are at Sea and we can skip a show if too cranky. However if you never been on the boat I sooo recommend never to skip a show on the boat.

THEY PICK UP THE KIDS at dinner!!!! More time for adults and parents to rewind and have dessert in peace!! They will rush kids food out and desert, but I wont have to fight saying no desert or whatever.

Show is before Dinner so after Dinner it is nice to have an option to have adult time because remember the kids are in the kids club and once you pick them up its bedtime.

Have fun and remember it is your vacation and everything works diff for everyone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter