Feb or June Trip

EMHDad

DIS Veteran
We had a June 2020 trip cancelled. We rescheduled to June 2021. Now we are bouncing Feb in our heads. Curious on thoughts for which you think might be a better trip for our family. This will be last trip for a long while. Would love some other opinions on what people think. I’ll try and layout both options. Most our trip cost is in Disney gift cards saved up for last trip.

option 1: 6/22-6/29 @ the cabins. $445 a night (no discount as of now)
5 park days and 3 rest/pool days. We would stay in an area hotel on 6/21 to arrive at fort wilderness in morning of 6/22. Would also stay at area hotel of last park day of 6/29 before leaving.

Benefit is having more vacation time to to not feel so stressed, be in summer so we can use pools, and MAYBE COVID is less impactful so more Disney activities and no masks. Although, I am beginning to doubt it.

option 2: 1/30-2/6 @ the cabins. $379 a night (no discount as of now)
5 park days and 1 rest day. We would drive down Fri/Sat(driving both options, not flying). Parks on Sun-Fri w/ wed rest day. I assume a guarantee all COVID restrictions are still in play in Feb. no pools but prob easier wearing masks. We would have an extra $500 in Disney gift cards to spend on food. Downside is that we lose rest time at Disney.

I think I have a kinda clear idea of pros and cons of each, but am curious which option others would pick to help me evaluate and discern those pros and cons

The thing I like best about our February trips has to be the weather. It's just comfortable enough to enjoy but is rarely HOT. I LOVE the heat, but June was the most unbearable the (one and only) time we went in June. The humidity was nearly 100% and it was truly uncomfortable. May have just been that we chose the wrong June, but....never again! Crowds are moderate and Spring Breaks are just beginning so it's not too overrun. We also enjoy the Festival of the Arts (though who knows if that's a go in 2021?). But...it's a sweet festival. No matter when you decide to go, I hope you have a great time. It is what you make it!

June in Orlando is too hot and humid for my taste. Add a mask to that and this doesn't have a lot of appeal. If, I do happen to be in Orlando in the summer, I like to be in the water or inside with A/C the whole time (don't like doing theme parks in the hot / humid weather). That means for me it would be a no brainer to do February.

I love Fort Wilderness. I'm sure you'll have a blast whatever you choose. I find that with more pleasant weather a day at the parks is not nearly as tiring as when there is heavy heat and humidity. And if you are tired, just make it a shorter day (A short day at a park is tons of fun). I just pace myself and don't try to do everything if I have lots of park days in a row. Works great for me and my family.

February is one of my favorite times to go. I love the weather and we still swim. We have long winters where I live and that February break from the cold is great. Plus, February is sooner!

I am booked for the last week in May/first week of June 2021. This gives Disney time to add more of everything and it looks like the governor of Florida is going to help me out

The time I went in February, the weather was PERFECT! And although it can be unpredictable, it was definitely warm enough to swim. We even visited a water park (which of course won't be open this coming February, but using that as an example to show how nice the weather can still be). I've never been in June, but August was oppressively hot. We're from the south too so we are used to it.

No way could I do June. Only do ot if you love hot humid weather and don't mind other hot sweaty people in close proximity to you (although covid might help with distancing!) I'd choose Feb without a doubt!

We usually do our Orlando trips in June, but earlier than yours, the last week before NE schools get out for the summer. Most years, it's hot and humid. I think it would be hard with a mask.

Jan 2020, we did our first off-season trip - it was amazing. So amazing that I got my hubby to let me book Jan 2021 again. The weather was a lot more comfortable (he has issues with heat) , the parks were less crowded, and the whole vibe was more relaxed. We had an amazing time. Can't wait to do it again in 4 mos!

So, my say is try Feb. Unless the weather tanks, I bet you'll love it, and you can always check the Farmer's Almanac to see what they predict for Feb in FL.

We go every June and love it. That being said I'd go in February. You've already deferred your trip, why wait a whole year. From previous posts it sounds like Feb is nice! Gotta be less crowded than June also.

I think there are pluses/minuses to both times. If I had to chose, though, I'd probably go with February.

While June gives you the extra days and ensures more pool time, it will be hot/humid and most likely there will be afternoon storms.

February is a few less days, but those are days you are just hanging around the resort anyway, you can save $$ in February and if the weather is right, you will get in some pool time too and if we are still wearing masks (something I'm afraid will still be reality next year) it will be easier in February.....and the best reason is that it's 4 months sooner than June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter