Feb 2024 Average Resale Prices

There have also been persistent rumors of a new build just outside Epcot, on land north of BCV and west of the Land, that would have a direct entrance into Epcot similar to Grand Californian's direct entrance into California Adventure in Anaheim. As I said, rumors, nothing announced.
I've heard that make its way around some of the podcasts as well. Everyone loves a, what we wish Disney would do podcast, right? I think that takes a life of its own. Kinda like Iger saying that they could build 7 new lands. Didn't say anything about actually doing it, just that the space is available.

Never underestimate a person's hopes for a product they love 🥰

Speculation and to be honest, I don’t see that ever happening.
Agree - no YC DVC, at least not until Disney decides to eliminate the convention business in the EPCOT resort area. That is said to be quite profitable for them, so I don't see them needing to offload part of the cash inventory to DVC.

I picked up a small AKV as my first home resort and know we want/need more points, but definitely am waiting to see what happens with Poly2 before making any moves. Too many unknowns - Restricted vs. unrestricted, trust vs no trust, impact/incentives driven by having 3 WDW properties in active sale, etc.

We are definitely assessing things right now in terms of our portfolio. We are selling one contract not at VGF, and recognize to really do what we want, we will need to go from roughly 200 points right now to closer to 400 at VGF points over the long term. Our goal is 6 nights in a 2 BR in VGF (Sunday-Saturday) in March as our main week/contract. After we are at that point, we might consider buying a second week somewhere less points heavy in DVC, but it is hard to say where... Maybe CCV?

Looking at all that cost that goes into DVC we do wonder sometimes is there just a better way to spend/use our money for leisure/vacation. Not just the dues, or the upfront costs, but then all the money you spend once you are at Disney.

But, for right now, Disney and DVC hit the right blend of what we need for leisure and hospitality, and VGF is truly where we want to stay, so we have no plans to alter course, and want to stick with building our mini-DVC empire.
Is there a portfolio that has a worse ratio of total available points to number of villas as VGF?

While I would love to see a YC DVC, I really doubt that it will happen. One for the convention business, but also because in not too many years BWV and BCV are going to be expiring and coming back on the market as new resorts.

There have also been persistent rumors of a new build just outside Epcot, on land north of BCV and west of the Land, that would have a direct entrance into Epcot similar to Grand Californian's direct entrance into California Adventure in Anaheim. As I said, rumors, nothing announced.

Now THAT is something I'd love to see and would consider buying into!

While I would love to see a YC DVC, I really doubt that it will happen. One for the convention business, but also because in not too many years BWV and BCV are going to be expiring and coming back on the market as new resorts.
I don't disagree with your conclusion, just two additions:
Convention business took a hit with COVID and maybe Disney will try to consolidate their convention centers at WDW - this would make YC DVC at least a bit more likely than before.
Do you expect BCV und BWV to come back on the market after 2042 without tearing down the buildings? These two occupy prime locations but it seems difficult to imagine the old room layouts in 50 year old buildings being sold as the next shiny thing good for another 50 years.

I don't disagree with your conclusion, just two additions:
Convention business took a hit with COVID and maybe Disney will try to consolidate their convention centers at WDW - this would make YC DVC at least a bit more likely than before.
Do you expect BCV und BWV to come back on the market after 2042 without tearing down the buildings? These two occupy prime locations but it seems difficult to imagine the old room layouts in 50 year old buildings being sold as the next shiny thing good for another 50 years.

They could keep one going via a trust model and then renovate the other. There are so many options that could happen.

They could keep one going via a trust model and then renovate the other. There are so many options that could happen.

I was thinking in this direction as well: it would be hard to sell old BWV standalone at top prices in 18 years. But if you tear down half of the 2042 resorts (or one by one) you can sell multi-site trust points immediately for the other half (still standing) while you rebuild and then replace and sell the rest. It just wouldn't work if people are still locked into one home resort.

But this could only really start in 2042 (for BCV, BWV,...). They'd still need to fill those years in between. A YC DVC resort might fill the bill.

What do you think will happen to BRV in 2042? Possibly a part of a trust if that happens? Or is it possible to add the rooms to CCV somehow??

My thoughts:
1. Yes, the BWV and BC points charts are going up. That is a foregone conclusion.
2. There has to be an "upper limit" to the points charts. BC and BW might be able to surpass it, but I say might because they are not MK resorts, and assuming Swan and Dolphin are there, I think they serve as a nice check on prices. Also, looking at cash rates, the monorail resorts, at least when I glance, tend to be where the highest prices are.
3. I am not convinced they will renovate anything prior to selling. Even if the BW and BC points charts went up significantly, I am confident those two resorts would sell extremely successfully and quickly. They could then use the dues from those purchases to start the refurbishments or at least backfill the refurbishment costs. I am skeptical with those who say after 50 years they will tear it down.... As far as I know, WDW has no imminent plans to demolish the Contemporary Resort main building or the Polynesian Resort. The Grand Floridian Hotel just converted a bunch of villas from a building that I think was about 35 years old, and did nothing but surface updates.

My thoughts:
1. Yes, the BWV and BC points charts are going up. That is a foregone conclusion.
2. There has to be an "upper limit" to the points charts. BC and BW might be able to surpass it, but I say might because they are not MK resorts, and assuming Swan and Dolphin are there, I think they serve as a nice check on prices. Also, looking at cash rates, the monorail resorts, at least when I glance, tend to be where the highest prices are.
3. I am not convinced they will renovate anything prior to selling. Even if the BW and BC points charts went up significantly, I am confident those two resorts would sell extremely successfully and quickly. They could then use the dues from those purchases to start the refurbishments or at least backfill the refurbishment costs. I am skeptical with those who say after 50 years they will tear it down.... As far as I know, WDW has no imminent plans to demolish the Contemporary Resort main building or the Polynesian Resort. The Grand Floridian Hotel just converted a bunch of villas from a building that I think was about 35 years old, and did nothing but surface updates.
Agree on 1 and 3.

As a DLR local (and BCV owner and until recently BC cash rate payer) I’m not sure I agree on 2. I think BC/YC are frequently more expensive than entry level Poly/GF rooms, at least for the school holiday dates I traveled, I would say they are generally close for similar room categories, but they are close to two parks and the skyliner (this goes for BWV as well)— I think they’ll be able to command at least a VGF point chart based on location, and it could be even higher. While it’s true that Swolphin provides an alternative walking option, a huge chunk of Disney fans see “the Disney bubble” as worthy of paying 2-3x rates even for an inferior product (this happens all the time in the DLR area).

Wow, some people are bad negotiators. Seeing 200+ contracts having a HIGHER ppp that 100-199 contracts at some resorts is mind boggling.

Wow, some people are bad negotiators. Seeing 200+ contracts having a HIGHER ppp that 100-199 contracts at some resorts is mind boggling.
I won’t say that. Everyone has a price they’re happy to pay. If the contract is already in that price range some don’t even negotiate.

I think most cases is people not researching and having a good idea of the current prices. If you look at the average resale prices in most sites, the price is much higher sometimes than what you see posted here.

I won’t say that. Everyone has a price they’re happy to pay. If the contract is already in that price range some don’t even negotiate.

I think most cases is people not researching and having a good idea of the current prices. If you look at the average resale prices in most sites, the price is much higher sometimes than what you see posted here.
I agree. I understand everyone who likes haggling to get the best price. At the same time, if you are looking for a specific resort, number of points and use year, it doesn't always make sense to negotiate over $5 or $10. Sometimes the timing is more important (it might take months for another contract that fits the requirements comes by) and sometimes the peace of mind (will I lose out on the contract, will ROFR take it,...). If you are keeping the contract for the long run, dues (and thus the right size of contract) might be more important.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter