Feb 2024 Average Resale Prices

I agree, but at the same time if they can figure out how to allow the trust to book rooms within the amount of trust points they have, it would be really easy to ROFR some of the 2042 at lower dollar amounts, say OKW and BRV. A great sales tool would be, you can stay at the cabins, if you don't want to stay there currently in the trust we have points at OKW and BRV maybe some SSR. They would just have to figure out a fair way with the amount of points they have to not give an unfair advantage to Trust owners when trying to book at the 11 month window.

From all my research and the way the trust is written, they can only add add units in which they are sole owner.

They can’t give the trust just “points”. So, if I own part of Unit 11 at VGF which consists of 101 rooms, they can’t add Unit 11 points they still own since there is no way to decide which actual room is now part of trust property. And they certainly can’t give access to all 101 rooms because all those rooms are not owned by DVd.

From all my research and the way the trust is written, they can only add add units in which they are sole owner.

They can’t give the trust just “points”. So, if I own part of Unit 11 at VGF which consists of 101 rooms, they can’t add Unit 11 points they still own since there is no way to decide which actual room is now part of trust property. And they certainly can’t give access to all 101 rooms because all those rooms are not owned by DVd.
Right that is the big hurdle they would have to overcome. I know you have looked into this more than myself. I just wonder what the long game is with them and the Trust. Always appreciate your insight.

Right that is the big hurdle they would have to overcome. I know you have looked into this more than myself. I just wonder what the long game is with them and the Trust. Always appreciate your insight.

I think that we are going to see this for all new properties moving forward and I still believe there is a slight chance that could include Poly tower.

I have read a lot of the actual POS for CFW and it’s quite interesting!!

I think that we are going to see this for all new properties moving forward and I still believe there is a slight chance that could include Poly tower.

I have read a lot of the actual POS for CFW and it’s quite interesting!!
It’s a lot cleaner for them to just add new resorts OR new builds into the trust.

They’ll add restrictions and allow deeded points purchased direct to trade in (my guess). It’s an entirely new product. Next few months will be interesting.

I have toyed with the idea of RIV resale a lot. I like the resort but just can’t bring myself to get points which can’t be combined with other contracts and force me to book at 11 months in fear of not being able to get anything at a later date and losing them. I don’t have any direct points 😔

I put in an offer for a Riviera resale at $100 per point. I lowballed and totally expected a rejection and was jumping up and down when the seller accepted. It broke my heart when the broker called a few hours later and the sellers backed out.

Having obsessed over the resale market for the better part of a month, I believe that February was truly a buyers market. In general, asking prices have already begun to increase. I don't have the asking price vs negotiated price, so I could be way off.

I purchased direct in 2021 when the only direct options were CCV and Riviera (I'm not counting Aulani). So from that perspective, I would be in this demographic. But I agree with you that WL lovers are different than Riviera lovers for all the reasons you listed. But I haveto agree with @davidhr 's comment that Riviera's resale restrictions haven't hurt it's resale value when compared to CCV, at least for now. One of the main reason I chose CCV over Riviera then was because of the restrictions and I'm disappointed that CCV's value has gone down so much. But I also understand that easy access to the park plays a huge role in a resort's popularity and CCV is not the most convenient, even with the boats when compared to the Skyliner (When it's running that is.) But the downward trend of ALL the resorts and the lack of ROFR is a bit concerning as an owner. I think we are really at the cusp of DVC market saturation. I hope I'm wrong.

I think CCV will do well long term through the years. Right now CCV resale price could be a bit deflated from additional competition. BLT price has come down. VGF and Poly added rooms. CFW is underway. There’s just alot of MK supply currently. My feeling is CCV will hold a good value over the years by decreasing less than average.

RIV has an advantage where competition is concerned. The only other DVC options are two 2042 resale resorts. Alot of potential buyers want that area with access to 2 parks and RIV makes the most sense economically due to the length of contract. If by 2030 some of YC were added to DVC and a front of Epcot resort built, how would that hit RIV resale (even beyond restrictions)?

I think CCV will do well long term through the years. Right now CCV resale price could be a bit deflated from additional competition. BLT price has come down. VGF and Poly added rooms. CFW is underway. There’s just alot of MK supply currently. My feeling is CCV will hold a good value over the years by decreasing less than average.

RIV has an advantage where competition is concerned. The only other DVC options are two 2042 resale resorts. Alot of potential buyers want that area with access to 2 parks and RIV makes the most sense economically due to the length of contract. If by 2030 some of YC were added to DVC and a front of Epcot resort built, how would that hit RIV resale (even beyond restrictions)?

Well, if YC goes DVC, and restrictions are not reversed…which I don’t expect them to be..the option will only be direct.

So, if direct for YC is $300/pt, my guess is RIv might be able to command $150 for those who can’t afford a direct.

Now, I do think a restricted to YC contract will be more popular than a restricted RIV…but we have that today with different resorts.

Well, if YC goes DVC, and restrictions are not reversed…which I don’t expect them to be..the option will only be direct.

So, if direct for YC is $300/pt, my guess is RIv might be able to command $150 for those who can’t afford a direct.

Now, I do think a restricted to YC contract will be more popular than a restricted RIV…but we have that today with different resorts.
I think YC/BC/BW are the only properties I’d consider buying restricted resale at— I’ve loved Crescent Lake (and EPCOT) since my first trip to WDW decades ago…but I still would value them less than unrestricted resale points and it’s possible we’d just rent there instead.

I wondering how many potential resale buyers in are the waiting game regarding Poly 2 as me. I would otherwise be more active in the resale market but without more information about Poly 2 I’m at a standstill. I definitely need another 150 points for our long term vacation plans.
It took me forever to buy DVC. I’m so happy I did and wish I bought sooner. But it’s also a huge financial and long commitment. Am I an outlier or is there a significant number of would be buyers pausing too?

I put in an offer for a Riviera resale at $100 per point. I lowballed and totally expected a rejection and was jumping up and down when the seller accepted. It broke my heart when the broker called a few hours later and the sellers backed out.
To me, somewhere around here is what those points are worth... As more RIV points enter the resale market, prices will have to fall in line....

I wondering how many potential resale buyers in are the waiting game regarding Poly 2 as me. I would otherwise be more active in the resale market but without more information about Poly 2 I’m at a standstill. I definitely need another 150 points for our long term vacation plans.
It took me forever to buy DVC. I’m so happy I did and wish I bought sooner. But it’s also a huge financial and long commitment. Am I an outlier or is there a significant number of would be buyers pausing too?
We are definitely assessing things right now in terms of our portfolio. We are selling one contract not at VGF, and recognize to really do what we want, we will need to go from roughly 200 points right now to closer to 400 at VGF points over the long term. Our goal is 6 nights in a 2 BR in VGF (Sunday-Saturday) in March as our main week/contract. After we are at that point, we might consider buying a second week somewhere less points heavy in DVC, but it is hard to say where... Maybe CCV?

Looking at all that cost that goes into DVC we do wonder sometimes is there just a better way to spend/use our money for leisure/vacation. Not just the dues, or the upfront costs, but then all the money you spend once you are at Disney.

But, for right now, Disney and DVC hit the right blend of what we need for leisure and hospitality, and VGF is truly where we want to stay, so we have no plans to alter course, and want to stick with building our mini-DVC empire.

100% this is me. I was going to post similar at some point. Loving all the low prices but hard to jump on anything without knowing how Poly 2 plays out association and price wise. Really would only look to add one more contract and I don’t want to jump too early as we don’t actually need the points for this year.

100% this is me. I was going to post similar at some point. Loving all the low prices but hard to jump on anything without knowing how Poly 2 plays out association and price wise. Really would only look to add one more contract and I don’t want to jump too early as we don’t actually need the points for this year.
Agree. It's difficult to jump in without all of the details.

I've heard similar YC discussions of moving into DVC. Is that speculation or something that's been leaked by Disney? Have no clue, but would love another deluxe resort to call home 8-)

I've heard similar YC discussions of moving into DVC. Is that speculation or something that's been leaked by Disney? Have no clue, but would love another deluxe resort to call home 8-)
My understanding is that over 10 years ago a blogger going by the name Tikiman predicted (or had inside info on) the next DVC resorts and Yacht Club room conversions to DVC is the only one that has not come true so far.

We are and we aren’t. We are in the process of purchasing our first ever Dvc contract at CCV. However, we know that we also want to buy direct to get the blue card benefits, and we’re wondering what will be offered for Poly2.

Speculation and to be honest, I don’t see that ever happening.

There have also been persistent rumors of a new build just outside Epcot, on land north of BCV and west of the Land, that would have a direct entrance into Epcot similar to Grand Californian's direct entrance into California Adventure in Anaheim. As I said, rumors, nothing announced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter