Feb 2024 Average Resale Prices

I purchased direct in 2021 when the only direct options were CCV and Riviera (I'm not counting Aulani). So from that perspective, I would be in this demographic. But I agree with you that WL lovers are different than Riviera lovers for all the reasons you listed. But I haveto agree with @davidhr 's comment that Riviera's resale restrictions haven't hurt it's resale value when compared to CCV, at least for now. One of the main reason I chose CCV over Riviera then was because of the restrictions and I'm disappointed that CCV's value has gone down so much. But I also understand that easy access to the park plays a huge role in a resort's popularity and CCV is not the most convenient, even with the boats when compared to the Skyliner (When it's running that is.) But the downward trend of ALL the resorts and the lack of ROFR is a bit concerning as an owner. I think we are really at the cusp of DVC market saturation. I hope I'm wrong.

We should have a tell from DVC shortly.

I share the same concerns. Unfortunately I don’t believe the resale market has hit the bottom just yet.

We will see.

I’d compare RIV to VGF…. CCV has a low point chart

But shouldn’t that make it worth more in terms with what people might pay?

At least what this shows is that even CCV, which has a great point chart, no restrictions, and only expired years sooner, is not necessarIly enough to make buyers pay more.

Which means, plenty of factors can impact the resale value and while restrictions may be one of them, it’s not the only one.

But shouldn’t that make it worth more in terms with what people might pay?

At least what this shows is that even CCV, which has a great point chart, no restrictions, and only expired years sooner, is not necessarIly enough to make buyers pay more.

Which means, plenty of factors can impact the resale value and while restrictions may be one of them, it’s not the only one.
I still think comparing CCV to Riviera is apples and oranges. CCV is an MK resort without great transportation. And there are many other (better) options along the monorail with plenty of contract life left. Riviera on the other hand has great transportation and has less competition amongst other Epcot resorts. (I don’t really count the 2042 resorts as direct competition, even though they’re close to Epcot) The only comparable resort to CCV in my opinion is AKL.

I still think comparing CCV to Riviera is apples and oranges. CCV is an MK resort without great transportation. And there are many other (better) options along the monorail with plenty of contract life left. Riviera on the other hand has great transportation and has less competition amongst other Epcot resorts. (I don’t really count the 2042 resorts as direct competition, even though they’re close to Epcot) The only comparable resort to CCV in my opinion is AKL.
I agree except for the part about RIV having great transportation…. my wife has told me that if we were to stay at RIV we’d have to get an Uber because she won’t get in the Skyliner…. I know many people love it…. but in the words of Randy Jackson… “Yeah…. it’s going to be a No from me, Dog…”

I purchased a small 2042 contract to hold until the end and use up so I don't much care what happens to the resale numbers. I do find it extremely interesting how the price per point seems to be very divorced from reality, at least to me.

A return of ROFR to stack points into the "trust" will reverse this slide for many properties immediately, but I don't see Disney doing that until a lot closer to 2042. And the closer to 2042 we get the less expiring contracts will be worth anyway.

I purchased a small 2042 contract to hold until the end and use up so I don't much care what happens to the resale numbers. I do find it extremely interesting how the price per point seems to be very divorced from reality, at least to me.

A return of ROFR to stack points into the "trust" will reverse this slide for many properties immediately, but I don't see Disney doing that until a lot closer to 2042. And the closer to 2042 we get the less expiring contracts will be worth anyway.
I agree, but at the same time if they can figure out how to allow the trust to book rooms within the amount of trust points they have, it would be really easy to ROFR some of the 2042 at lower dollar amounts, say OKW and BRV. A great sales tool would be, you can stay at the cabins, if you don't want to stay there currently in the trust we have points at OKW and BRV maybe some SSR. They would just have to figure out a fair way with the amount of points they have to not give an unfair advantage to Trust owners when trying to book at the 11 month window.

I was wondering the same, having some points in Trust for BCV and BWV could be a great perk.

I guess if someone sold a Trust contract and DVC didn’t buy it back it would be a vastly superior contract to hold resale than a RIV or VDH only contract.
Those could completely tank.

Wonder if BLT resale will go up after refurb. I would have expected BRV to go up.
That is a good question, I'm wondering that as well. We love BRV and have a small contract there. Their quite pool is my kids favorite pool for how it isn't very busy hardly at all. The new refurb really has made that resort one of our favorites!!

I agree except for the part about RIV having great transportation…. my wife has told me that if we were to stay at RIV we’d have to get an Uber because she won’t get in the Skyliner…. I know many people love it…. but in the words of Randy Jackson… “Yeah…. it’s going to be a No from me, Dog…”
I should have said the “perceived” great transportation. So far I’m 0 for 2 on the skyliner as I got stuck there and CB due to weather. My point is that Riviera maintains decent resale value because there aren’t as many alternatives at Epcot as there are at MK. Most people shy away from BCV and BWV because of 2042 while VGF, Poly, and BLT go past 2060.

I should have said the “perceived” great transportation. So far I’m 0 for 2 on the skyliner as I got stuck there and CB due to weather. My point is that Riviera maintains decent resale value because there aren’t as many alternatives at Epcot as there are at MK. Most people shy away from BCV and BWV because of 2042 while VGF, Poly, and BLT go past 2060.
0 for 2… ouch! I agree with your points.

I agree about the 2042s, that impacted our decision. Can't imagine the Skyliner going down and being stuck at RIV. Guess I'd have to cope by sitting at Bar Riva and enjoying the resort (jk, it's not fun being stranded when you have plans). IMO, as the restrictions become more common, and RIV sells out one day, RIV resale prices will go up.

That wasn’t my point. My point isn’t that a buyer is deciding between the two.

My point is that restrictions are not the only reasons resort might not have a high resale value.

Even something like CCV, which doesn’t have them, is currently suffering from a lower sales price. Meaning a resort itself can be enough to lower its price, even if it has no resale restrictions.

Your wife and I would get along, I think. I have no desire to ever stay at a skyliner resort. Back in the day, we stayed at Pop Century twice and if we hadn't bought into DVC, we would have considered Pop Century again....until the built the skyliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter