Feb 2024 Average Resale Prices

I’m not sure how many resale buyers truly care about the new tower…..
My comment was based on this paragraph from your first link:

Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows is one of the main outliers in today’s DVC Resale landscape and has defied the overall market trend with an approximate 5.5% increase in resale value since the announcement of the new Polynesian DVC Tower joining the resort’s existing condo association. Polynesian is quickly becoming a hot commodity in the resale market, inching closer to the Grand Floridian in terms of resale price per point.”

CCV is so close to RIV that sometimes I wonder if the restrictions hurt that resort as much as people say. There’s definitely some impact, but doesn’t seem to be that significant.

I’d compare RIV to VGF…. CCV has a low point chart
Wouldn’t the low point chart make it more desirable? I see the VGF as an outlier. No other WDW resort is performing like that one. And monorail resorts definitely have a premium.

Edit to add that the Poly is also doing great, but it’s hard to compare that one as a lot of the resale is being driven by people buying there expecting to have Poly 2 in the same association.

My comment was based on this paragraph from your first link:

Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows is one of the main outliers in today’s DVC Resale landscape and has defied the overall market trend with an approximate 5.5% increase in resale value since the announcement of the new Polynesian DVC Tower joining the resort’s existing condo association. Polynesian is quickly becoming a hot commodity in the resale market, inching closer to the Grand Floridian in terms of resale price per point.”

That seems to be quite an odd statistic that has been put in there to make a point. If you specifically look at the price change between November and February then it has increased, but you could also say that winter has caused the price to drop if you choose to pick the June figure instead. Overall, I would say that the Poly price has stayed very stable over the year, particularly compared to some of the changes at other resorts. If you want to pick a particular 3 month period at OKW(E) you could claim it was the outlier instead in that it increased by 10%. :-)

Edit to add that the Poly is also doing great, but it’s hard to compare that one as a lot of the resale is being driven by people buying there expecting to have Poly 2 in the same association.
It would be interesting if we could do a poll of recent buyers to find out if this is true. I know that my contract didn't close until after the announcement but I offered before it. At first I thought it might be good news, but I think I'd actually be happier now if it wasn't the same association. Maybe it's not as big an influence as we think.

Wouldn’t the low point chart make it more desirable? I see the VGF as an outlier. No other WDW resort is performing like that one. And monorail resorts definitely have a premium.

I just don’t think a CCV and RIV buyer are the same demographic, but I could be wrong.

It seems to me that a RIV buyer wants posh accommodations, lots of dining options, and is OK with a high point chart. To me that makes VGF the closest comparable.

From that perspective I think it shows that there are people who don’t love the Skyliner and don’t like the restrictions.

However, we need to see what happens if/when the wave of VGF direct contracts that were sold last year start to increase the supply of contracts available on the resale market. I also think that there needs to be more data about how all of those additional points impact the Villa availability.

I just don’t think a CCV and RIV buyer are the same demographic, but I could be wrong.

It seems to me that a RIV buyer wants posh accommodations, lots of dining options, and is OK with a high point chart. To me that makes VGF the closest comparable.

From that perspective I think it shows that there are people who don’t love the Skyliner and don’t like the restrictions.

However, we need to see what happens if/when the wave of VGF direct contracts that were sold last year start to increase the supply of contracts available on the resale market. I also think that there needs to be more data about how all of those additional points impact the Villa availability.
I'm probably a bit of an outlier, but I own at both CCV (resale) and VGF (direct) and prefer RIV to either (I adore the skyliner). I don't own at RIV b/c I don't like the resale restrictions and VGF was quite a bit cheaper when shopping direct.

I'm probably a bit of an outlier, but I own at both CCV (resale) and VGF (direct) and prefer RIV to either (I adore the skyliner). I don't own at RIV b/c I don't like the resale restrictions and VGF was quite a bit cheaper when shopping direct.
Good insights. I do feel that RIV direct and VGF direct are more comparable in that they can both be used at any resort.

RIV resale vs VGF resale…. completely different value propositions.

Interesting. There will certainly be a lot of disappointed PVB resale buyers if Disney reverses on its professed intention to add Poly Tower to the existing PVB association.
I won’t be disappointed! I bought my points to stay in the original Poly. If the tower is added to the existing association it’s just a bonus (I think?… maybe not)

Probably a dumb question, but these figures are just from their sales, right?
I mean..just these 2 companies?

Do any others post this info as well?

If RIV were on the monorail or walkable to a park I likely would have bought "a week" resale with RIV and called it a day. The restrictions wouldn't matter to me because of the location.

The skyliner isn't my cup of tea, but if looking to buy a second week I may decide at some point to buy a week there anyways... It is really tough for me to justify RIV when I can pay cash to stay in a suite at the Swan Reserve, or even just a normal room in the Swan & Dolphin....

I purchased direct in 2021 when the only direct options were CCV and Riviera (I'm not counting Aulani). So from that perspective, I would be in this demographic. But I agree with you that WL lovers are different than Riviera lovers for all the reasons you listed. But I haveto agree with @davidhr 's comment that Riviera's resale restrictions haven't hurt it's resale value when compared to CCV, at least for now. One of the main reason I chose CCV over Riviera then was because of the restrictions and I'm disappointed that CCV's value has gone down so much. But I also understand that easy access to the park plays a huge role in a resort's popularity and CCV is not the most convenient, even with the boats when compared to the Skyliner (When it's running that is.) But the downward trend of ALL the resorts and the lack of ROFR is a bit concerning as an owner. I think we are really at the cusp of DVC market saturation. I hope I'm wrong.

I purchased direct in 2021 when the only direct options were CCV and Riviera (I'm not counting Aulani). So from that perspective, I would be in this demographic. But I agree with you that WL lovers are different than Riviera lovers for all the reasons you listed. But I haveto agree with @davidhr 's comment that Riviera's resale restrictions haven't hurt it's resale value when compared to CCV, at least for now. One of the main reason I chose CCV over Riviera then was because of the restrictions and I'm disappointed that CCV's value has gone down so much. But I also understand that easy access to the park plays a huge role in a resort's popularity and CCV is not the most convenient, even with the boats when compared to the Skyliner (When it's running that is.) But the downward trend of ALL the resorts and the lack of ROFR is a bit concerning as an owner. I think we are really at the cusp of DVC market saturation. I hope I'm wrong.

As a prospective buyer of new contracts...I'd be fine with this for the near future. Ha!

It will be interesting to see what happens as things get closer to 2042. And eventually there will be a lot of resorts with restrictions so I can't see it having a huge impact later on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter