Feb 2022 trip reflections

We have always had to go the 1 bedroom route as we are a family of 5. However, for our upcoming trip I finally had to concede and book a two bedroom. Not because anyone was complains about the sofa bed or general lack of space, but because of the bathroom situation!! 5 people with 1 bathroom for 10 days simply isn’t do-able for us any more with three ‘big’ kids. It seemed like someone was constantly yelling at someone else to get out of the bathroom the last time we were there. 😂. Now laying out the points for a two bedroom….THAT was painful. I feels like I need to find some friends or relatives to bring with us just so that I feel better about it. Especially now that we have three bathrooms! 🤣🤣
Things have changed so much from one generation to the next - we grew up with one bathroom, 5 kids, in a 3 bedroom apartment. And we managed.

If you rent a car, there are some many local places that have better and cheaper food options. Shige's Saimin Stand in Wahiawa (on the way to the North Shore) has $2 hamburgers that are amazing. O'Kim's in Chinatown, our new favorite restaurant that has unique dishes that also does not break the bank,

we would all stay in the days inn on I Drive — four people, two double beds, one tiny bathroom — and not think twice about it
I was reflecting on seeing all the privileged kids who get to go to Hawaii and Aulani on vacation. When we were kids, our trips were station wagon drives to visit my grandmother. I hope they realize/appreciate what they are being given! Just a very different time!

I also don’t remember ever being asked ‘what do you want to eat?’ when I was little, or even as a teenager, we ate what we got :).

PS - feeling old!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter