FEA and wet pants....

KurtC

Mouseketeer
We were able to get FP+ for FEA and looked forward to the experience, especially because we were big fans of Maelstrom and Frozen. We thought that the Frozen theme was fun, but when we went down the slope the bench got soaked in water so we both left with uncomfortably wet butts. We also noticed several other folks, but not all, getting off with the same issue. Is this common?

It's the same ride as Maelstrom, technically. So same wetness as you'd experience then as now. Which is always possible but not probable. You got the short straw, sorry.
I've been on one of the boat rides where you don't expect wetness but gotten hit with a random large blob of water (for lack of better words) and it's never fun.
If stars align just right, it happens. Some of the splashes of water are much larger than others

There have definitely been reports of folks getting soaked on Frozen. It's never happened to me personally, although I've gotten wet. Seems like maybe they could turn down the water level a little?

We didn't ride it this year but last year the week before Christmas we did and I got a pretty wet bottom. It was a cold night and we had planned on watching Illuminations so it wasn't pleasant. The ride photo shows me with my face covered up because I knew I was going to get it. I get wet on rides you aren't supposed to get wet on so it wasn't that weird for me.

And in the front seat, it seems to be worse!! When my kids and I boarded FEA in the front seat it was already wet so we knew what we were in for! The three of us squished as close together on the little drop but my son and I still got wet but my daughter lucked out and remained dry! I certainly wouldn't describe as soaking, nothing like Splash but definetly a little wet!

We rode it 3 times consecutively in Sept. Rode 2nd row, 1st row, then 3rd row. 1st row we got wet but not soaked. 2nd and 3rd row nothing noticeable.

My DD (almost 3) said she’s going to wear her swim suit next time :)

We rode it a few times this month and getting wet happened most times. One time the seat (2nd row I believe) had quite a bit of water on it that we tried to wipe away quickly as we loaded but got our butts quite wet. Just the nature of water rides.

Its common.
It was common with Maelstrom as well.
I left Maelstrom at least twice with a completely soaked bottom half.
How wet or dry you will be depends on the weight of the boat and where you're sitting.
Both times I was soaked I was in the front row.
My sister and niece were in the front row in April and my self and my parnets were in the second row.
My sister and niece did come off a bit wet.
My parents and myself only had a few sprinlkes.
My sister and I went on in September and sat in the 3rd row and did not even get a sprinkle.

Common enough for Disney to post warning sign.

YESTERLAND
maelstrom_warnings2007ah.jpg

MICECHAT
DSC5705.jpg

:wave2: Front row, left side. Wet every time we sit there. Last time, I made DH take the far left seat. I only got slightly wet on the right side.

I've ridden it multiple times and haven't gotten a drop.

I wouldn't say it's common to get wet as I don't think I've seen anyone get off wet when I've been around the ride. But it wouldn't be out of the ordinary to get a little wet on a water ride.

So is it okay to wear ponchos riding FEA? I always wear a poncho riding Jurassic Park if not in summer.

Well we rode on Thursday, 3 across, every seat filled .......... and EVERYONE on the boat got wet.

Wasn't surprised as every seat the far ends of the seat and arm rest area were all wet when we got in.

When I rode all the seats on the boat were wet when we got on. I also ended up walking around with a wet bottom for about an hour afterwards because of the splash from the drop.

Its luck of the draw on all the water rides, though some are worse that others. I've been on Kali River and barely gotten wet and been on Splash and got soaked. I have been relatively lucky on Frozen, though last time I did get a little wet. That is why any time I'm doing a water ride (including Frozen), I usually keep a towel and change of clothes in my bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter