• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FE amongst family cabins

DCLCrazy64622

DIS Veteran
hi,
I’ve never done an FE but I would like to organize one amongst just the 3 cabins within my family members that are going. Can someone clarify how to do this for me, please. It’s 5 nights. So does everyone have to give something to everyone each day or does each cabin get assigned a day twice? Is there a norm for this?

If its just your family, you get to make ALL the rules.
Provided, of course, that everyone else likes the rules.

I agree. But just to give the OP information on how the regular FE groups are usually run:

1) Each stateroom usually gives just one gift for the whole cruise.
2) FE groups usually don't assign days to give the gift. Just everyone delivers when they want.
3) Some people give one larger gift for the whole cabin while others give a gift to each individual.

Given that your family has just 3 rooms, you may want to consider having each room give more than one gift. And you may want to assign days just to spread it out a bit. I'll go back to what Chemist wrote, you can set it up however you want. I'd discuss it with your family members and see what they want to do.

Our family does this. The adults buy small things to place in the other family's FE every day. The kids think it is amazing. They have no idea where the gifts come from. It's just Disney magic. To spread the Disney magic, we deliver pixie dust gifts one day to random FE we see that are decorated like whatever trinket we have. Last cruise we have a few pirate patches for pirate night and marvel coloring pages for mdas. For us, this is a fun, stress free way to do FE. Enjoy it.

I don't think there are rules when it comes to FE. You can spread out your gifts over a few days or do it all at once. Depending on where the cabins are, though, it could take a lot of time. The cabins in our group were all on different floors and, while it would have been more fun to deliver them over a few days, it did take a lot of time to do it. Enjoy! My kids LOVED getting little surprises when we came back to our room.

Thank you to everyone. That was very helpful. Two of our rooms are connecting rooms aft while the third room is forward, but on the same floor. :) I’m writing a blog for the trip so the family can all be on the same page and I think this will be one of my topics.

Have a meeting and all agree on what you want to do. You get to make your own rules. It sounds like fun.

Have a meeting and all agree on what you want to do. You get to make your own rules. It sounds like fun.
I would but one of the families lives in NY and the other two in Florida. So for now the blog will have to do. The cruise is in nov so at this point it’s just a fun way to keep the excitement up. :)

I would but one of the families lives in NY and the other two in Florida. So for now the blog will have to do. The cruise is in nov so at this point it’s just a fun way to keep the excitement up. :)

Group email? Seems like that would be easier than doing a whole blog - and enable quicker and easier conversation than them having to comment on every entry.

Our family uses group emails to notify everyone about important things. That is one way to get everyone's opinion and input. With today's technology, miles away from each other don't matter any more. It's not like everyone is relying solely on USPS for communication.

I cruise with a group of friends every September. Sometimes we have as little as 3 or 4 staterooms. Sometimes we have as many as 12+ rooms.

You get to make all the “rules” amongst yourselves. We typically say you can do what you want. If you want to give a family gift, that’s fine. Or gift for each person. Gift every day, a couple at a time, or just 1 whole cruise. It’s up to the one giving. You can add extras like gift + a favorite recipe on a card. Another question often asked is whether or not to have a tag stating who gave the gift. That’s also up to the gifter. It’s okay to be anonymous or not.

This year on my friends cruise I’m probably going to do 2 or 3 gifts per person + a special gift each day for my roomie. I adore her so it’s been fun hunting little things to give her.

Make your family FE what you want it to be. It can be so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter