Favorites to eat in Downtown Disney?

My Go-To is Earl of Sandwich. I gett eh Hiloday Turkey, but all of the snadwiches are good. Plus, it's one of the more reasonably priced meals on proeprty.

I don't know what their status is because they had moved to a temporary location after West side construction ramped up, so depending on your trip dates they may or may not be available, or it may have moved. I wish Disney would stop jerking them around though - they are worth keeping!

Agreed! Love Earl!!! Great deal and good food. We ate there every day of our trip in November. lol.

I think I read that when they have to move from where they currently are at, it will be to a temporary pop up location. And eventually they will get another permanent location. I kinda just wish they would stay where they are at! Such a convenient location.

For table service, we really like Naples. We usually just get pizza and share it. Drinks there are a bit pricey though!

The only place I eat there is the Craftsman Grill in The Grand Californian. But everyone raves about Earl Of Sandwich. Can't wait to try it :)

Another vote for Naples. It's not as good as Via Napoli, but it's pretty good. Far & away the best pizza at DLR in my opinion. Earl of Sandwich is good for quick service. And Din Tai Fung is supposed to be really good when it opens.

Inside the parks, what eateries and snack shacks are you folks fond of? I've wanted to try Maurice's Treats for that Garlic Pretzel (my sister loves that stand for the Ham and Cheese Pastries) although I'm hesitant to get things that I don't know the ingredients of. I absolutely loathe mayo and sour cream, and I won't go for it if either of those are part of the garlic cheese filling in those pretzels.

Conversely, I absolutely love Bengal BBQ, something that seems to get a lot of shade around here. Banyan and Safari Skewers are chefs kiss.

Inside the parks, what eateries and snack shacks are you folks fond of? I've wanted to try Maurice's Treats for that Garlic Pretzel (my sister loves that stand for the Ham and Cheese Pastries) although I'm hesitant to get things that I don't know the ingredients of. I absolutely loathe mayo and sour cream, and I won't go for it if either of those are part of the garlic cheese filling in those pretzels.

Conversely, I absolutely love Bengal BBQ, something that seems to get a lot of shade around here. Banyan and Safari Skewers are chefs kiss.
I also love Bengal BBQ. And, I also loathe mayo. It ranks right down there with spiders & let me tell you, in my world that is as bad as it gets.

My favorite snacks from the parks are actually probably drinks/ice cream. I love love love the Meiloorun Juice at Ronto Roasters. And the Adorable Snowman drink/float in DCA is really good. Oh, and the blue raspberry Icee at Edelweiss Snacks. I know I can buy the same thing at any 7-11 anytime I want. But, it tastes a million times better at DL & the calories don't count there.

Gosh, I hadn't seen anyone dissing the food at Bengal. It's one of my favorite food places at DL.

The general consensus I got was that it's too much money for not enough food.

It is expensive, but it's also delicious, so it's worth the price to me.

I typically end up at Ballast Point due to ease of getting a seat compared to other Downtown Disney options. The food is good - maybe not great - but the beer selection and always-friendly bartenders increases my fondness for the place.

Absolutely Earl of Sandwich...if you join their club(free) you get a brownie on your birthday and lots of discounts during the year. One place I would avoid in Downtown Disney is Splitsville...horrible food and service. I truly cannot wait to get my Dole Whip every time I am i the park, and this December I tried their pineapple lumpia...WOW! it was so good!

I typically end up at Ballast Point due to ease of getting a seat compared to other Downtown Disney options. The food is good - maybe not great - but the beer selection and always-friendly bartenders increases my fondness for the place.
Second Ballast Point. That is my go-to in DTD. I get a little peeved by what they charge at Naples and find Ballast Point to be closer to non-theme-park prices.

Absolutely Earl of Sandwich...if you join their club(free) you get a brownie on your birthday and lots of discounts during the year. One place I would avoid in Downtown Disney is Splitsville...horrible food and service. I truly cannot wait to get my Dole Whip every time I am i the park, and this December I tried their pineapple lumpia...WOW! it was so good!
I don't see an option for California Downtown Disney under Favorite Location pulldown bar. Can I still get club offers if Downtown Disney option isn't there?

One place I would avoid in Downtown Disney is Splitsville...horrible food and service.
Just have to chime in to refute this--my repeated experiences have been the complete opposite. Outstanding food (way better than any bowling alley has any business having) and super-friendly service. Earl of Sandwich, on the other hand, is barely better than your average Subway; I totally don't get the online love for the place.

We also love Earl of Sandwich, but if we're having a non-park day and want to stay in DTD, we head for Ralph Brennan's. The drinks tend to be great (beignet cocktail, especially), desserts are delish, food is better than average (doesn't hold a candle to in-park) but for us its kind of pricey for what you get. (ie You're paying for the real estate more than the food.)

We often favor GardenWalk over DTD though ... the Wagyu Burger and Chocolate Souffle at Roy's for lunch make it worth venturing off site, the bang for the buck at CPK is better, etc.

Just have to chime in to refute this--my repeated experiences have been the complete opposite. Outstanding food (way better than any bowling alley has any business having) and super-friendly service. Earl of Sandwich, on the other hand, is barely better than your average Subway; I totally don't get the online love for the place.
I think the love of Earl is partially because it is one of the more reasonably priced options in the Disneyland resort for food. It’s filling, it tastes good and doesn’t break the bank for families when they are paying for 3 or more meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter