• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite TS suggestions

aprilmommy0205

Mouseketeer
We're heading back for a big Disney vacation for the first time in many years. We took advantage of the summer dining offer. My daughter had 2 requests - Hoop Dee Doo and CRT. Since those use 2 credits each we thought we'd upgrade to the deluxe dining plan. Please share some of your favorite TS with me. My kids are older (will be 17 and 14 when we go). They like a variety of foods.

We are going in August. My 19 (almost 20 year old) had 2 requests....Raglan Road and Cape May Cafe. Or in her words "the Irish place and the crab leg place.". Twice she suggest 'Ohana. But the last time we had it, it was just okay. Flying Fish is outstanding. So is Yachtsman. Sanaa is very good. bread service is incredible. Yak & Yet is good, too. We are trying California Grill this trip. I'm excited about that. I also want to try 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, Trattoria al Forno for breakfast, and Garden Grill for breakfast. Too many choices and not enough time. Guess I will just have to plan another trip.

Not the best use of a dining credit, but I really enjoyed Sci Fi Dine In last trip. Biergarten at dinner at some outstanding items (that pork roast!) that I would love to revisit if I was on a dining plan. OOP it was costly.

We really liked Narcossee's at GF. We had phenomenal service and dishes. It's two credits and works well with the deluxe dining plan.

We like a character breakfast, but when paying out of pocket they can be cost prohibitive. With the deluxe dining plan it works nicely to have a late breakfast and then a nice signature dinner. We liked Tusker House, but didn't feel the cost was worth it. It would have been a nice "freebie".

When we do the DDP we always do the DxDP and usually do a breakfast and then a signature restaurant for dinner. When we don't do a breakfast we do an early 1TS lunch and then a later signature restaurant; it works out well with the DxDP and is what we will be doing for our trip in June.

Some of my favorite 1 TS restaurants are Crystal Palace (breakfast), Tusker House (breakfast), Whispering Canyon Cafe, Chef's Liberty Tree Tavern, Chefs de France, Tokyo Dining, and Ragland Road.

My favorite signature restaurants are: Narcoossee's, Californian Grill, Citricos, Tiffins, Jiko, and Flying Fish.

Utilizing the deluxe plan is our norm when traveling with the kids. They prefer to eat 3 meals a day and the adults prefer Signature dinners so it makes the best of all worlds for the 4 of us. When using the dining plan we use the snack credits to put together a Continental breakfast in the room thus leaving more TS credits.

So many possibilities, so little time.

Morimoto Asia has a sense of the familiar mixed with less known ingredients. My traveling children are now 13.5 and 10 y/o and have been going there for the last year. The ribs are a favorite with our group as are the Peking duck, dumplings and/or sushi and a few of the soups. Take a look at the menu to find what your group might like.

The Boathouse. What's not to like? Steaks, raw bar, steamed and fried seafood, as well as fish entrees. Ask to be seated outdoors near the water, weather permitting.

Flying Fish. Our current favorite 2 credit TS restaurant.

Tokyo Dining. A quieter change of pace from Teppan Edo.

California Grill brunch or dinner.

Maybe Jaleo if it's in service by the time you get there. We've eaten at the DC version and are anticipating the opening of the Disney Springs venue.

Chefs de France. Ate an impromptu lunch there one day on our adult trip. Looking forward to bringing DGD next trip as an intro to French bistro food in a restaurant setting.

We only eat Italian at Disney when at least one kiddo is w/ us as there are many credible Italian eateries in our hometown. So far we've been to Via Napoli and Enzo's Hideaway and all enjoyed.

Absolute favorite is the Flying Fish at BW, with the Yachtsman coming in second. We could be biased, though - we spend a lot of time in that "corner" of the world.

We have never, ever been disappointed by the Flying Fish - even with one of us usually ordering the steak!

Here are our favorites:

Breakfast - Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Cape May, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Boma, and Trail’s End.

Lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern.

Dinner - BOG and Boma.

These places we have been for lunch or dinner but you could probably have the same experience at either meal - Tony’s, Coral Reef, Tutto Italia, Chefs de France,
Le Cellier, Rainforest Cafe AK, Hollywood Brown Derby, 50’s Prime Time Cafe, and The Edison at DS.

Boma is our number one favorite amongst our entire family (ages 6-70+ in our group last time).

Biergarten probably next on our list because we like buffets and the dinner ambience is fun.

We are going to try Liberty Tree Tavern our next visit, has good reviews

Well that's it all our ADR's are done.
This is where we will be using our TScredits this year ( except V&A).
Some of them are our favourite TS meals & we are trying some new.

The wave x 1

Brown Derby (Fantasmic Package)
Morimotos of Asia
Victoria & Alberts ( Our 30th Wedding Anniversary)
Artists point ( the wife wants to meet Dopey)

Toledo ( looking forward to a new experience hopefully whilst the fireworks are on at World Showcase)
Yak & Yeti ( fire cracker shrimp & Lobster garlic noodles my fav)
Frontera Coquina ( we both love Mexican food)
Jikos ( dinner before the night of the 20th anniversary at Pandora)
Wine Bar George (we want to try the Steak Frites)

Flying Fish ( because it's our favourite restaurant & I hope they still have the fire grilled octopus).

If you go deluxe it really widens your choices but ours

Hollywood Studios For the younger one we have to eat at 50's Primetime twice each trip
Animal Kingdom Yak & Yeti
Epcot Huge choices and while I don't like it the girls love Le Cellier
Magic Kingdom Weakest of all the parks for food but the girls love Liberty Tree Tavern
Hotels Ohana we eat here twice every trip as well, Jiko best restaurant in WDW and if you have never been there California Grill around 20:00 hours.

We discovered the joys of Geyser Point Lounge last trip. It's a relaxing and short boat ride from MK.
Great burgers cooked to order. We enjoyed the cheesy bbq beef, shrimps on a wire, and edamame apps as well. Not sure if it's on the dining plan or not but the QS right next to it surely is.

Here are some of my favorites:

Breakfast: O'hana, Boma, Trattoria al forno,

Lunch / Dinner: Boma, Liberty Tree Tavern, Garden Grill, Raglan Road

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter