Favorite TS Dinner at Epcot?

gemduncan

Mouseketeer
We are only spending 1 day at Epcot in early February 2018. I currently have Chefs de France booked for dinner. However, I'd love to hear what is your favorite and why? We don't really care if there is a theme or characters....we just want good quality food. I'm traveling with DH and DD (age 8). DH is a meat lover. I'm an adventurous eater and DD prefers pasta and chicken.

My favorite is the Garden Grill in The Land. Really good food, some of which is grown right there in the pavilion. The restaurant rotates and you get a view down into the Living with the Land boat ride. Quintessentially classic EPCOT experience.

Just considering food it would be Teppan Edo, as I've always found their food to be top notch with a simple straight forward presentation. But I also love Garden Grill for the character interaction, the food is American comfort.

We are only spending 1 day at Epcot in early February 2018. I currently have Chefs de France booked for dinner. However, I'd love to hear what is your favorite and why? We don't really care if there is a theme or characters....we just want good quality food. I'm traveling with DH and DD (age 8). DH is a meat lover. I'm an adventurous eater and DD prefers pasta and chicken.
We like Teppan Edo - DH and I usually get the Filet Mignon and ds and DD get the chicken or shrimp. Served with noodles & rice with vegetables. They cook everything in front of you and it is both delicious and a fun time. We go there every time we visit Epcot.

Oddly enough, my favorite TS dinner at Epcot is Tokyo Dining. Even though the food tends to be pretty average (like what you'd get at a modest mom-and-pop Japanese diner), the setting is beautiful, and the servers are the sweetest and kindest people imaginable. This place always makes me smile.

Even odder, my next favorite is Le Cellier. Why odd? Because I don't particularly like their meat entrees, but I've enjoyed everything else I've had there. On Tuesday, I had a 3-course meal made up of starters: an appetizer of mussels, steak tartare for my "entree", and pork belly for "dessert."

We love Chefs de France. I suppose being an avid Beauty and the Beast fan has a little to do with it.. it is a must do every trip. It makes me feel as if I am at a French bistro. Great food and service.

Our favorite TS is Spice Road Table. They have a great steak, mixed grill and lamb sliders. They also have "small plates" to share (hummus, etc.). We find Chefs to be incredibly salty.

Best service Teppan Edo. But, if you have a "Shogun" the food is the same. Good.
We are, sadly, over Le Cellier. Our first two experiences were great....last four, absymal. BUT, it has been a few years...
Biergarten and Rose and Crown were tops on our last visit.

Rose & Crown every trip. Good service, we like the food and a great place to watch Illuminations from if you time you reservation right.

We love Chefs de France. I suppose being an avid Beauty and the Beast fan has a little to do with it.. it is a must do every trip. It makes me feel as if I am at a French bistro. Great food and service.

I'm a HUGE Beauty & Beast fan too!

Oddly enough, my favorite TS dinner at Epcot is Tokyo Dining. Even though the food tends to be pretty average (like what you'd get at a modest mom-and-pop Japanese diner), the setting is beautiful, and the servers are the sweetest and kindest people imaginable. This place always makes me smile.

Even odder, my next favorite is Le Cellier. Why odd? Because I don't particularly like their meat entrees, but I've enjoyed everything else I've had there. On Tuesday, I had a 3-course meal made up of starters: an appetizer of mussels, steak tartare for my "entree", and pork belly for "dessert."
Was curious about Tokyo - we are on the DDP, how does that work out there? 1 Ap, 1 Entree, 1 desert? Can you substitute a soup for an App? Also, do they have a kids menu for the little ones who are not into Japanese?

The children's menu has a chicken teriyaki burger, chicken tempura nuggets and California roll. Most kids would like the chicken nuggets, I would think. I stopped doing DDP a few years ago, but I think Tokyo Dining offers a pretty wide choice on the plan (except for by-the-piece sushi). I believe you can get their bento box combos on DDP.

We've eaten at Chef de France and enjoyed it, however the year after we dined at Monsieur Paul, which we much preferred. We had a window seat and as it's upstairs we had a lovely view over the water, as well as delicious food and wonderful service.

This was a good topic. We were trying to decide where to eat at WS on our Epcot day, I think you’ve talked me into Teppan Edo. Party of 8 adults plus one 4yo girl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter