• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

favorite toiletry bag

We have two. If honey and I are travelling together, we have a larger one that folds in half and kind of takes up the entire top of a carry on suitcase. If I'm travelling solo, I have a smaller one that folds in half but takes up only half the top of a carry on but is deeper. Both hang. I think I got the smaller one at Walmart and we got the bigger one at Home Goods or somewhere like that.

Great question! I am looking for a great bathroom bag for a land and sea trip this summer. Lots of hotels in rapid succession. I can unpack and spread out on the cruise, but need one for keeping everything contained and confined, yet easy to find for the schlepping days.

I use this: https://www.containerstore.com/s/tr...k-it-wallaby-organizer/12d?productId=10037150

It's more pricey than what most people would consider, but I have used this for about three years now and it is probably the best thing I have ever purchased for travel.

I love the clear pouch, which is the size you need for carry-on and to get past the TSA. The hanging hook is perfect to keep things off the counters in hotels, and there's enough space and pockets for my make-up and hair stuff and to allow my kids to add their toothbrushes, too. ;)

Check out LL Bean. My wife loves hers from there.

We also have the ones from LL Bean. Love that they hang, come in multiple sizes. We keep our hotel bathroom much more organized with these, since they can hang, and the counter is free of stuff!

I've used LL Bean bags, bags from Target- you name it. But my search for the Perfect Toiletry Bag ended when I got the Pack It Flat from ebags. I LOVE it! Holds a ton of stuff (and a couple pockets are gusseted, so you can zip them bigger or smaller). And it EASILY fits into a full suitcase/bag. (I hated trying to keep a "cube" of space open in my suitcase for the LL Bean bags).

I ordered the LL Bean one and then saw the flat one from eBags. Cancelled the first order and am trying the flat one. fauna74, do you have any trouble with things falling out of the sides when hanging? I am not sure I'd want to keep moving it from counter to hook to get something out.

I have a Vera Bradley hanging bag that I use for some domestic trips.

For overseas travel, I have an H20 Bag that is 8x10x2. It splits open in the middle, so I have two large zippered compartments that are vey waterproof. The inside is clear, so I can see everything. I have to take a lot of products with me because my skin is so sensitive, and I wear makeup ansd sunscreen everyday, but decant everything into small containers. It's not particularly heavy, but very sturdy. I can't find a link, but I bought mine at Marshalls.

I also have an LLBean hanging bag, but mine is just too big and better suited for larger containers.

My husband has an Eagle Creek Pack-it Specter. It's extremely lightweight and doesn't hold it's shape on its own, but it's worked well so far.

Last edited:
No- and the large center pocket is made so that when hanging you can easily see and remove items. I have the big one, and the only problem I have is that sometimes there's just not a good place to hang it. I often hang it from the shower rod.

I have 2 that I use primarily. One I got at target many, many years ago - that is plastic lined and it's where I put any liquids and makeup that isn't going in my carry on bag.

The other I sewed myself - that's the one with all the dry stuff in it. Since I unpack at my hotels, I don't worry about whether it's organized or not.

I also have one of the small LL Bean ones that I sometimes use instead - everything fits in that one and it's mostly organized but it does take up more space than my other 2 in the suitcase.

I alternate between a few. I use a train case often. All travel size bottles can stand up so its super easy to find it all. Makeup goes separate always. If it's a longer trip I have a Nick and Nora bag I have had for years (ummm almost 20?). It holds all size items and is super durable and has never spilled, I wished they still made them. I have this bag from Target for makeup and I love it. http://www.target.com/p/orla-kiely-small-tulip-double-zip-organizer-cosmetic-bag/-/A-50699634

Also for makeup I highly recommend a zpallette. Makes it easier to pack and get made up.

I got my flat pack from bags yesterday. I hope the size is only deceptively small. It is a lot smaller than I expected. I am going to fake pack it today to see just what it holds

Check out LL Bean. My wife loves hers from there.
This was going to be my suggestion. We LOVE our LL Bean toiletry bag and it actually comes in different sizes. If anything ever happen she it, LL Bean will replace it for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter