Favorite Shoes for Disney Theme Parks

Do you all wear the water shoes/sandals/flip flops all day or do you bring them and put them in a locker? No matter how comfy my sandals/water shoes are, my feet will be sore in anything except for socks and sneakers all day (and even then,my feet are sore by end of day). But wet socks are gross
I wear my Keens sandals all day, not just at WDW but at home. They’re my standard summertime shoe.

I wear these

1661511_210_f

Wide wears these

1987152_468_f

I like those blue ones. :)

My wife and I both go with Chaco sandals. They have pretty good support for being on your feet all day. However, I would recommend the Cloud footbed over the regular one.

Another vote for Teva or Keen or similar open type strapped sandal. Yes, you're feet get wet, but you are not walking around in wet socks and shoes, which to me is far more uncomfortable.

Do you all wear the water shoes/sandals/flip flops all day or do you bring them and put them in a locker? No matter how comfy my sandals/water shoes are, my feet will be sore in anything except for socks and sneakers all day (and even then,my feet are sore by end of day). But wet socks are gross
I wear flip flops all day. I used to be able to wear any kind, but I have had to seek out more supportive styles in recent years. I have a couple that have worked fine for me, Reef Phantom and Teva Pajaro.

Another vote for Teva. Not only are they comfortable for walking all day in the parks rain or shine, they seem to last forever. I have had the same 2 pair of Teva sandals since 2007ish and they look like I have barely worn them. I also love how easy they are to wash off when they get dirty. I even wear them to waterparks.

If you wear shoes like in the initial post, wear those with socks. Your feet will thank you. And then bring a spare pair of socks in case they get soaked.

Hiking sandals are another decent option, as long as you get a good supportive pair (like the mentioned Keens or Tevas).

Seeing all the rain lately and the fact we are going in spring, I am planning purchases. We will be in the parks rain or shine!

We have ponchos if really bad, our regular rain jackets we already have if just drizzling. Waterproof backpacks, travel size umbrellas.

I am thinking these for shoes. Skechers foamies. Good for water, can wear no socks and not completely hideous.

Any other ideas? 😀

View attachment 703185
Not saying it won't happen but the torrential summer downpours are not common in spring. But if you're concerned, this shoe would probably be fine but with no socks, I'd say that's a blister waiting to happen since they look like their croc/rubber material. They are def cute but I guess you could do socks and if it rains, just lose your socks if they get soaked or bring an extra pair. I wear sanuks and they work for me but I realize a lot of ppl can't do a ton of miles in flip flops. I don't do sneakers since I don't like walking around with wet feet sloshing and sliding around. I just prefer having something that dries quickly, is comfortable and somewhat stylish. We usually go in Feb/March/April each year a few times and the last several years have had zero rain.

I got these specifically for this purpose! I hated carrying around an extra pair of shoes in case of rain so I got these Crocs sneakers. They're actually pretty cute for sneakers and have the comfort of the average sneaker! Tip: wear thick socks/supportive socks. My normal socks are the thin character ones you get at Target and those didn't stop blisters. I just pack an extra pair so if it rains (or I ride a water ride and don't remember to take off the socks ahead of time), I walk around in these bare until my feet dry and then put on new socks. All good!PXL_20220226_152845349~2.jpg

I would wear whatever comfortable walking shoes you wear at home. Disney parks involve MILES of walking, so having a well-fitting shoe that is comfortable is what matters. Usually it is quite warm, so even after a brief rain shower, most things dry quickly. I would definitely only take shoes you have previously worn, vacation is the wrong time to break in a new pair of any type of shoes.

I would wear whatever comfortable walking shoes you wear at home. Disney parks involve MILES of walking, so having a well-fitting shoe that is comfortable is what matters. Usually it is quite warm, so even after a brief rain shower, most things dry quickly. I would definitely only take shoes you have previously worn, vacation is the wrong time to break in a new pair of any type of shoes.

These would just be for rainy days there (if they happen). I definitely would break them in at home first before I would wear them for long periods of time.

Thanks everyone. I still haven't made up my mind.

Last edited:
I wear my water shoes all day.

For light to moderate rain I have found my Vessi waterproof shoes work great. I wear the Weekend version. For heavy rain - they have no hope as the water is just going down your legs into the shoe. So if heavy was in the forecast I went with my Teva’s.

We just got back from the parks today in crocks, we are Florida residents do we live in these shoes. The best ugly shoes with the most support. I wear socks with mine because it's my preference my kids never do.

I remember a couple of years ago we thought we were prepared. We had ponchos for everyone and a stroller rain cover. In the excitement to get to the parks we forgot the rain cover. The rain comes so fast that you have very little time to run to a stroller.

We had parked our stroller near the frozen ride. It felt like a waterfall. We had the stroller shade and a poncho on top of it. Someone standing next to us screamed that their stroller rain cover got stolen. The rain was so bad we couldn’t step foot outside the gift shop. Somehow I sprinted through the downpour to get the stroller and it was drenched (you’re not allowed to bring it back to the gift shop). We had nothing to dry it with and used diapers (clean). The stroller was unusable for 2 days.

Last year we had zip up ponchos and we parked the stroller near Tusker house (it got super drenched while parked for the Safari ride) and put our 2 year old in a carrier with a hat and zipped up the poncho. It was kind of cool and she loved it.

We did use regular sneakers and spent hours drying them out with a blow dryer afterwards. We blister easily so sneakers are a must. We do have flip flops for the pool but carrying 5 pairs is just not feasible for us. That said, we took ponchos in the spring and it didn’t rain one bit.

Many people have suggested crocs in the past. I can’t see myself wearing them all day.

Seeing all the rain lately and the fact we are going in spring, I am planning purchases. We will be in the parks rain or shine!

We have ponchos if really bad, our regular rain jackets we already have if just drizzling. Waterproof backpacks, travel size umbrellas.

I am thinking these for shoes. Skechers foamies. Good for water, can wear no socks and not completely hideous.

Any other ideas? 😀

View attachment 703185
We carry a pair of flip flop/ sandals in our backpack in the park. Any sign of rain, we put them on and put our tennis shoes in the backpack to stay dry. Once the rain stops and puddles are all drained off the concrete walks, you can switch back and a simple slap against the bench you are sitting on will wick away the moisture from the sandals. We also bring a washcloth from the hotel room to dry wet feet so we can put the socks and sneakers back on-it has many uses throughout the day. ;) You wouldn't believe how nice it feels to have a change of footwear, too, mid day! My boy scout taught me this! Even if it doesn't rain, we can change into a pair of sandals that, just the simple change of a footbed, helps the feet to relax the muscles and revive. I wear Vionic flip flops and so does my Husband. They are definitely not a shoe you can just put on the first time and go, though. Vionics have a break in period for your arches. A few hours a day for a few weeks leading up to the trip and your feet will thank you!

I have black keen whisper sandals that I take on every trip and wear if there is more than a superficial chance of rain. They are comfortable, look decent with any outfit, and work for rain. I also have other colors and keen rose and Newport styles that I have worn also, I just tend to wear the whisper more for some reason and I can’t lug all of my shoes on vacation (although sometimes it seems like I try to!) It does make me sad that I have so many Disney Tom’s and Van’s that I don’t wear much while at Disney. I don’t like to wear them all day in the parks as much- they aren’t as comfortable and I hate getting tennis shoes wet - both for comfort and to not ruin them!

I can’t wear my Chacos all day, so we take cheap and lightweight flip flops in our backpack. My feet were not thrilled after trekking all through Epcot in them, but we were thrilled to have dry shoes waiting in the backpack when the monsoon ended. Carrying Chacos all week would be too hard on my back. I second the recommendation of a towel to dry feet. We bring a microfiber towel that is compact and light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter