Favorite QS in Hollywood Studios

For QS: ABC Commissary, or a burger from Rosie's Kitchen and .a salad from Catalina Eddie's.

ABC Commissary or Woody's Lunch Box. Also love the salads from Catalina Eddie's if I'm looking for something on the lighter side. Haven't really had a bad meal at a DHS QS though.

Backlot Express for ability to refill drinks, maybe get a seat inside for a/c, & usually a place to plug in & charge devices. But, sadly, chicken & waffles are gone.

I like some of the new offerings at Fairfax Faire, but won't get the other amenities described above.

ABC commissary. The restaurant is nice and the food is delicious. We really enjoyed the chicken club sandwich and there is a beverage area to refill your drink.

ABC - We like the booths, TV, AC, bathrooms and menu. With that said - free refills at Backlot Express might be worth trying out.

ABC Commisary and Backlot Express both have a lot of a/c seating and offer free refills. The food was fine at both, not spectacular but solid. My daughter actually thought the pot roast at ABC was her favorite meal of the trip.

have not tried SWGE or Woodys Lunchbox. Otherwise there are no good QS in HS.
Sounds harsh, but its true. Backlot Express is passable, but thats not saying much.

For me none. I eat a good breakfast before I head to Hollywood Studios, get a snack while in the park and then head to the Boardwalk for dinner and then return to HS. I am not a fan of the food in this park whether it's a QS or a TS.

I really think the panning of HS quick service is over stated. It really doesn’t seem any worse to me than MK. Sure Epcot and AK have some yummier more creative options, but it isn’t terrible. It is much better than what you can get at most amusement parks around the country. ABC Commissary now has ribs and pot roast along with burgers and salads. I had a decent chicken sandwich at Backlot. I have eaten so much worse at many zoos, museums, amusement parks elsewhere.

I really think the panning of HS quick service is over stated. It really doesn’t seem any worse to me than MK. Sure Epcot and AK have some yummier more creative options, but it isn’t terrible. It is much better than what you can get at most amusement parks around the country. ABC Commissary now has ribs and pot roast along with burgers and salads. I had a decent chicken sandwich at Backlot. I have eaten so much worse at many zoos, museums, amusement parks elsewhere.
Agreed, while nothing there is my absolute favorite, I've never had a bad meal at HS, QS or TS. Several of my meals there have been fantastic! I never get the hate this park gets in terms of food.

Last edited:
have not tried SWGE or Woodys Lunchbox. Otherwise there are no good QS in HS.
Sounds harsh, but its true. Backlot Express is passable, but thats not saying much.

Woody’s has amazingly good food but the seating setup is like the Hunger Games trying to get one of the approximately 6 tables and there’s like no shade. It’s a shame.

A lot for me to agree with in this post. Haven't eaten at BackLot yet but we found the food at ABC Commissary, tasty, healthy and reasonable in cost. To my way of thinking MK's food is not worth the time so we skip eating in that park completely. I was hopeful of the new BOG dinner's menu but too many reviews make it sound like it's same as it ever was: pretty face with an ugly heart, LOL. Too many decent meals available nearby for me to try it.

We did mobile order at Backlot Express - food was really good actually - nothing exciting - but tasted great. Had to sit outside but it was cooler than I thought it would be - area is shaded - kind of down in the ground a bit? - Was a welcome break in the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter