Favorite (Present Day) Disney Tip

chiburple

DIS Veteran
Some years ago, when I planned my very first Disney World trip as an adult, this was my single favorite thread on this board: https://www.disboards.com/threads/what-disney-tip-are-you-really-glad-you-listened-to.772074/

I read every single tip, a few per day until the day of my trip and it was the best thing ever. While many of the tips are still valid, a lot has changed too. So I was thinking maybe I could start an updated thread for more modern tips.

I'll start:

1) If you have genie+ or intend to purchase an ILL, try to find out in advance when the mid-day drops are for some main rides in case you're not able to snag them first thing. Set your alarm accordingly.

2) If you know where and what you're going to eat that day at a quick service, place your mobile order early so you don't have to wait for a window.

Last edited:
-When getting groceries delivered or making a grocery run do not overlook freezer bags. Gallon size can keep electronics and back up socks and underwear dry in a park bag when those sudden storms sneak up.
-Put extra socks, underwear and a pair of flip flops if you can in your bag for rain/water ride/sweat issues
-Get an antichaf gel and apply it liberally! Slip shorts work great as well. If you dont have this and end up red diaper rash cream will fix you up in a jiffy
-Bring something to carry leftover snacks! Freezer bags or toddler take along bowls with lids are great options. An empty popcorn bucket is also great for larger items
-Cooling towels are a worthwhile investment and very inexpensive outside of the parks
-Beware the pizza flyers slipped under your door
-Schedule your mobile order for lunch while you are on route to the parks in the morning, do not wait until lunch time
-Know what everyone is wearing in case you become seperated...matching tshirts may not be your thing but everyone in the same color and theme can make it easier to describe a missing party member to CMs. A pic when leaving the hotel isnt a bad idea either
-Buy a portable battery and bring it to the parks. Fuel rods aren't bad in a pinch but nicer models are cheaper elsewhere
-Bring your patience and sense of humor and always remember you catch more flies with honey!

We love packing cubes! On our last trip ( not WDW) we only used carry-ons and bought more ( smaller) cubes that fit perfectly. So easy to pull out a person's items or drop in a drawer. We each have our own color and since we often share suitcases that helps a lot. They are inexpensive and get tossed in the wash with the dirty clothes when we get home.

We also always pack the hanging shelves and pop up hamper for longer trips.

We love packing cubes! On our last trip ( not WDW) we only used carry-ons and bought more ( smaller) cubes that fit perfectly. So easy to pull out a person's items or drop in a drawer. We each have our own color and since we often share suitcases that helps a lot. They are inexpensive and get tossed in the wash with the dirty clothes when we get home.

We also always pack the hanging shelves and pop up hamper for longer trips.
Love this tip! I’ll add that the hanging shelves are particularly great for the short cruises too. I also pack evening wear on the hangers. Let’s me unpack and repack in 15 min and huge timesaver when you’re short on time and trying to cram a lot in a day.

Bring a pack of small post it notes. Put a post it note on the wall everywhere someone plugs in a charger cord for a phone or game device. The bright color notes are easy to spot when packing and you won’t leave any cords behind.
We've also taken to bring a power strip which has USB ports in it. This helps keep us keep things together.

Another thing I've recently done is bring a set of (twinkle) lights, the type we use around the holidays on shelves, around plants, etc. Its a small, battery operated set and I spread it out on the bathroom vanity so there's a little light in there and nobody needs to put the bright light on in the middle of the night. Plus, it's cozy and gives us a night light, and its fun. And yes, I get the family eye rolls sometimes :) but I think they'd miss it if I didn't bring it!

If staying at Pop and leaving the park (MK or AK), jump onto the AoA bus if one is there and ready to leave. The next Pop bus may be a 20 minute or longer wait. The two resorts are right next to each other connected by a bridge. You could get back to your room sooner. The Pop and AoA bus lines at the parks were right next to each other on our last couple stays.

Another thing I've recently done is bring a set of (twinkle) lights, the type we use around the holidays on shelves, around plants, etc. Its a small, battery operated set and I spread it out on the bathroom vanity so there's a little light in there and nobody needs to put the bright light on in the middle of the night. Plus, it's cozy and gives us a night light, and its fun. And yes, I get the family eye rolls sometimes :) but I think they'd miss it if I didn't bring it!
This is a great idea. We used to pick up glow sticks when my son was younger. We would put one on him and one on his stuffie at bedtime and then he could find his way to the bathroom without waking everyone else up.

• Be flexible in your plans. It's easy to feel you 'have' to rope drop, ride all the rides every time, keep going all day. But if it's all getting a bit much just change your plans and take it easy.
  • Take a collapsible washing bin. It doesn't take up much room in a suitcase and it makes keeping your room nice so much easier, gone are the days when we had dirty clothes in plastic bags.
  • Take different shoes, they can get wet and you're on your feet a lot so they can run. I tend to have trainers, sandals and flipflops, that way if one bit of my foot is a little sore, I can wear completely different shoes.

I look forward to reading everyone elses.

This tip is more of a philosophical nature. Try to accomplish less while in the Disney bubble and slow things down to appreciate the beauty of every moment in all aspects of the park complex. There is rich detail in even the most unsuspecting places and sometimes this cannot be appreciated with a checklist a mile long of 'things to do.'

A friend of mine buys those little battery tea lights and puts them in the bathroom under a glass. Never thought of doing that, and it's a nice little light without blinding you.

A friend of mine buys those little battery tea lights and puts them in the bathroom under a glass. Never thought of doing that, and it's a nice little light without blinding you.
Love this!
When kids were younger we had a "runway" with our string of lights stretched on the floor, leading the way to the unfamiliar bathroom. Anything for some sleep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter