Favorite Places to Eat in Both Parks

spacemouseneer

Mouseketeer
I wanted to get people's opinions on where the best food was in both parks, including DD and the resort hotels as well. I've been to the Rainforrest Cafe in Vegas and assume it's pretty much the same. It's been awhile since our last trip to Disneyland and wanted to plan out a few places to hit for lunches and dinners.

spacemouseneer said:
I wanted to get people's opinions on where the best food was in both parks, including DD and the resort hotels as well. I've been to the Rainforrest Cafe in Vegas and assume it's pretty much the same. It's been awhile since our last trip to Disneyland and wanted to plan out a few places to hit for lunches and dinners.

We like Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen and Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria in DD. Disneyland has a bunch of different kinds of eateries to choose from, so it's hard for me to decide, but Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans come to mind. For a nice upscale meal, the Napa Rose at the Grand Californian and Granville Steakhouse at the DLH are nice.

In DCA we love to eat at Taste Pilots grill.....in Dland...that's a hard choice....definently the Blue Bayou if we want a nice sit down restaurant...but one of my favorites is while we are waiting for fantasmic..we always get one of the bread bowls in New Orleans square! I love the clam chowder!

My sweetie and I reccomend ESPN Zone, their food is very good, reasonable on price, and the drinks are free refills :) We like the turkey burgers with a glass of Arnold Palmer lemonade. If you have kids, there is a huge arcade on the 2nd floor.
I'm not even a sports fan and I love it there.

Last week we ate in the cafe orleans and loved it- great for lunch- we had the monte cristo sandwich(excellent) and the crab salad sandwich (excellent) with mint juleps (fizzy mint soda) and shared the mickey binets (spelling?) for dessert(delicious).

We also ate in Napa Rose in the Grand Californian Hotel- Service is A+ and the decor is gorgeous. The food was OK- not great. Portion size was small. The only thing that was delicious was the diver scallop appetizer. My hubby had the short ribs (they were OK) and I had the copper river salmon- didnt like it- small portion and not the salmon flavor I remember from the Pacific North West- It almost tasted like smoked salmon. The prices were way too high (about $30 an entree) for us not to love the food.

I will agree, we love Taste Pilot Grill in DCA... the blue cheese burger is yummy. While at DL we often eat at the French Market or Cafe Orleans for lunch and dinner at The Plaza. Also, our fav DTD place to eat is Jazz Kitchen or the take out window and Tortilla Joes.

We like Taste Pilot's and Napa Rose, ESPN Zone and Brennan's Express, Riverbelle Terrace, and we will see about Blue Bayou this next trip. We always eat something different each time. Haven't been to Granville's in 8 years, but it was excellent when we were there last. You can download the menu's of the net, sorry can not get the link from here.

Jack pirate:

Disneyland
Carnation Cafe
Red Rockets Pizza Port

DCA
Taste Pilot's Grill
Vineyard Room

GCH
White Water Snacks (eat there multiple times)
Storyteller's Cafe

DLH
Hooke's Point
Croc Bits 'n' Bites

DTD
Ralph Brennan's
Rainforest Cafe
Catal

Have tried but not too impressed: ESPN, Naples

Taste Pilots is really good. I love the Bengal Bbq in DL though. They have these amazing skewers. And Dole Whips are really good (i usually get the float, it's a Dole Whip with pineapple juice). The Blue Bayou is supposed to be really good now, I haven't eaten there since they changed it but it was pretty good before.

Disneyland: Plaza Inn (for lunch and dinner, breakfast is a character meal), French Market, Rancho de Zocalo, Riverbelle Terrace (great breakfast), Carnation Cafe (affordable full service), Corn Dog Wagon on Main Street, and Redd Rockets Pizza Port. Biggest Avoid at Disneyland, Pinnochio's Village Haus, the only truly gross food I have eaten while at DL!

DCA: Taste Pilots, Boudin Bakery and Cucina Cucomonga (sp?).

DTD: Tortilla Joes, Naples, Rainforest Cafe

Oh, I forgot to mention Club Buzz for breakfast. It's fairly inexpensive, the food was decent and they have a (sort of) dj. He's just got an Ipod and chats with ppl eating there, etc. He thanked me for celebrating my birthday there (I had my b-day sticker on my New Years mouse ears :))

Thanks for the great ideas! Do you need ADR's for any of these? Or how long are the waits without one? Eight more days to figure this out... then we're there!! :woohoo:

You can get a priority seating (they call them ps' still at Disneyland) for Carnation Cafe. They take walk ups but you will wait a lot less if you have a ps. They have soups, sandwiches and salads in an outdoor setting right on Main Street. They also serve breakfast. We love it there and pricewise its not that much more than cs places, except you have a tip. The dining number is: 714-781-3463. Have a great trip!

P.S. You also need ps' for Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans in Disneyland. You can also make ps' for any of the places at DTD using that same number (except Rainforest Cafe, that is a separate number Disney Dining can give you when you call).

Thank you! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for the phone # too!

Disneyland:
Rancho Del Zocalo
Riverbelle Terrace
Club Buzz
Pizza Port

California Adventure:
Cocina Cucamonga
Pacific Wharf Cafe

Disneyland: Plaza Inn (breakfast), Riverbelle Terrace (great breakfast and good BBQ), Bengal BBQ (bacon wrapped asparagus), Red Wagon on Main Street (Corn Dogs), Begnets from anyplace, Mickey Mouse jalapeno cheese pretzels from Coke corner and Blue Ribbon Bakery for the biggest and best cinnamon rolls ever

DCA: Vineyard Room

tis all I can think of atm :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter