Favorite places to chill during the day?

Tallen234

Earning My Ears
Hi All, we are going to all four parks next week. This will be our first time as a family. We are DL vets, however. I’m looking for places to relax during the day and/or hide from the rain. For example at CA I would duck into Carthay circle for a beverage or take the kids to the Animation Accademy to relax for a little bit. What are you favorite places to take a break in each park?

Thanks!

I usually hit the lounges... Nomad Lounge, Brown Derby Lounge or Baseline Taphouse, Spice Road Table. At MK I take the boat to Geyser Point

We always try to have an in park lunch and head back to the room for an afternoon swim and nap. It’s the best way to stay fresh and avoid the hottest and busiest times of the day.

Last edited:
In HS, we love to duck into Walt Disney Presents to avoid rain and/or get some air conditioning. In Epcot, The Land Pavilion has food, chairs, and a couple of ride options (not quiet, though!). In MK, Hall of Presidents and the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, are longer indoor attractions good for a seated indoor break. Our favorite in MK is The People Mover for an out-of-rain experience.

We usually throw on a poncho and carry on, but at Magic Kingdom there's a few archways behind Cinderella Castle that you can take cover under.

If you prefer personal space and social distancing, stay away from gift shops when it rains. That's usually where most people take cover.

I agree with CBmom01. Down by SM is a nice place to sit. And you can usually find some shade. Your not to far from snacks and if it's really hot you can cool off inside COP.

Mizner's was at the GF. It is now the Enchanted Rose. The BWI lounge is the Belle Vue Lounge.
Right, Belle Vue is BW, that’s what I meant. Thanks for the correction!

See, I I guess I just miss Mizner’s. I mean, Enchanted Rose is nice and all….but it doesn’t really fit GF!

AK- Nomad
HS - Baseline Taphouse or Brown Derby lounge
EPCOT - for F&W the Appleseed Orchard in Canada, or the concert area in front of American Adventure
Boardwalk area - Abracadabar
MK - agree with the boat to Wilderness for Geyser Point

Right, Belle Vue is BW, that’s what I meant. Thanks for the correction!

See, I I guess I just miss Mizner’s. I mean, Enchanted Rose is nice and all….but it doesn’t really fit GF!
I loved Mizners as well. It was also the only place at WDW that my dad didn’t hate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter