Favorite place for dinner in Downtown Disney?

mlbrv

Mouseketeer
Headed to DLR for the 1st time this summer - would like to have dinner our 1st night in Downtown Disney. What's your favorite sit down place (not quick service). Thanks!

Yup, just ate at Naples Ristorante last week. DW had lasagna and I had the eggplant parmigiana. Quick, delicious, and over sized portioned. For sit down you'll want to make a reservation with the restaurant. There is also a separate Naples Pizza side first floor and a bar.

There are other Downtown Disney options but with some of the ongoing remodeling they are limited more than usual. Another place that I've wanted to try but haven't made it to yet is the Jazz Kitchen.

Safe travels...

Agree with Naples, good stuff.

I would avoid Earl of Sandwich sit down. Maybe they just had an off night but the food and drink were just meh.

Used to love Jazz Kitchen. I'm very bummed by their remodel (I hate that they stripped it of all of its cool NOLA artifacts, decor, and vibe). I've not been back since, so don't know if their outstanding menu is still outstanding or if they also sacrificed food quality. They also had excellent drinks.

I'm a dissenter on Naples. It's fine, but not enough to justify the price and in the many times I've gone, I've rarely had servers who were friendly. I don't like the vibe I get there and if I'm going to pay a premium price for an ok pizza, at least treat me nicely.

I love Ballast Point for lunch! One of my favorites.

Another vote for Naples, but if you're not in the mood for Italian then my wild card suggestion is Splitsville. Yes, the bowling alley. The food, drinks, and service there (surprisingly) would stand on their own without the bowling, and luckily you can treat it as simply a restaurant and eat there without booking an alley.

Another vote for Naples, but if you're not in the mood for Italian then my wild card suggestion is Splitsville. Yes, the bowling alley. The food, drinks, and service there (surprisingly) would stand on their own without the bowling, and luckily you can treat it as simply a restaurant and eat there without booking an alley.
Good to know. We went once when it was fairly new and were not impressed. Maybe we should give it another try!

I will say with the remodeling of Downtown Disney there just doesn't seem to be a lot of places to eat at like I remember. Another option close by in the Disney bubble (but not in the parks) is Trader Sam's or Tangaroa Terrace. We ate at both last week and were satisfied. Sam's you will want to book a reservation ASAP at the 60 day mark. It's more popular and the atmosphere is fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter