Favorite park for preschoolers?

I guess this depends on what age range you define a pre-schooler as....Epcot is the best park for my almost 5 year old. She isn't really a ride person...and she loves characters. In the pre-covid days, Epcot was the best place for characters.

I personally get overwhelmed at Magic Kingdom (especially in the stroller land that is Fantasyland) so we didn't really spend much time in MK when we went a couple years ago.

DS likes Ak & MK the most. He’s not big on roller coaster rides but loves the low key rides in MK.

My son (3.5) loves EPCOT - he's obsessed with Test Track, Mission Space, and the Mexico boat ride. I would've never guessed we'd be at EPCOT so much with him :laughing:

Of course, MK is a great starting point and is well liked by all, I'd say. It really comes down to personality and interests!

MK hands down. Far and away the best for the young kids.
That said, it'll be a good day wherever you decide to go. Just pack snacks, and plan for some exhaustion +/- a meltdown. The meltdown might be yours. Pack a snack for yourself.

There's a reason MK has stroller traffic jams

Yup. Fantasyland is basically created for the toddler set. With the exception of Minetrain everyone can ride 100% of the rides there.

But my toddler loves all the parks for different reasons.

Toystory land, Dinoland, and even the rides in Epcot that most find boring my toddler loves.

And our 7YO was peeved we skipped Epcot this last trip as "Figment is her favorite ride!". Blasphemy sure, but we'll let her slide.

Under 4- my kids preferred MK.
Age 4 in the days of FP- HS. He loved Toy Story Land and was awed by Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, but the lines are too long for him now. HS was a wasted morning for us.
Age 5- I think he prefers Epcot. He wants to study sea animals when he grows up, so he loved the Finding Nemo Seas area, he loved searching for "Buzz Buzz" in the Flower and Garden scavenger hunt and loved the topiaries, he was thrilled to get a Kidcot "suitcase" (printed baggie for postcards), and there aren't any thrill rides that he is too small for. At 42 inches, I think he can ride everything in the park (Except Mission Space orange...he loved green though). He didn't want to go on Test Track, but the idea that he could have made him feel like a big kid.

My daughter tried to climb out of Dumbo...mid-air...she hated it so much. She'll be 5 the next time we go and I told her she can't ride space mountain unless she can stay in her elephant at dumbo
DS LOVES dumbo!

Our preschooler is a big Toy Story and Star Wars fan so he loves Hollywood Studios.

Pro Tip: The waiting area for Dumbo actually entertains DS6 more than the ride does, and it’s cool inside. It’s a giant climbing area with benches for parents… but it’s also a time suck as you chase down your kid and rip their tiny white knuckles off the structure to move on with your day.

MK for sure. DD's other favorite at that age was EPCOT.

My daughter tried to climb out of Dumbo...mid-air...she hated it so much. She'll be 5 the next time we go and I told her she can't ride space mountain unless she can stay in her elephant at dumbo

Yikes! That is scary. I was so excited to take DD for her first trip when she was just under 3 and couldn't wait to ride Dumbo with her. We went straight there-- well not straight because she spotted Pluto and was adamant we had to go see him first. When we got to Fantasyland, she took one look pointed up at it and said "I'm not riding him". We realized well after the trip that she was scared of heights! But she loved the Magic Carpets and wanted to ride them over and over?????????

MK for sure. DD's other favorite at that age was EPCOT.

Yikes! That is scary. I was so excited to take DD for her first trip when she was just under 3 and couldn't wait to ride Dumbo with her. We went straight there-- well not straight because she spotted Pluto and was adamant we had to go see him first. When we got to Fantasyland, she took one look pointed up at it and said "I'm not riding him". We realized well after the trip that she was scared of heights! But she loved the Magic Carpets and wanted to ride them over and over?????????

The following year i took her to a local theme park, she sat on the bench on the carousel...and not the horses. We sort of tricked her into riding a log flume ride, and I wish I had bought the photo. Her look of total consternation was priceless. At the bottom she turned to my husband and said "daddy, that was NOT a good idea" :rotfl2:

Definitely Magic Kingdom. It's filled with rides that are perfect for young kids. And when planning our next trip our kids insisted on 3 Magic Kingdom days. They are 6 and 4 and have been at ages 1/3/5 and 1/2.

Planning to take my 3 1/2 year old in November. We were supposed to go last July but Covid. This will literally be his first amusement park experience. He gets overstimulated easily. So this could all go really well or really badly. Luckily my older kids are Disney pros, so I'm hoping he just follows their lead. I'm thinking he will like MK the best, but we'll see.

My kids are 7 and 3, but have been to Disney (mostly DL) more than our local mall or park, so they are super acclimated. They don't have a favorite really. My son loves Slinky Dog, but that was his first rollercoaster. He is going to try the big rides for the first time next week (Small World is more his usual pace, so we will see how he does).

At ages 2 and 3 my son loved MK. He liked the magic carpets and dumbo. When he turned 4 DS loved both MK and HS. He’s very into rollercoasters and he’s also tall for his age so he was able to get on a lot of rides. This year at almost 6 he is very excited to ride the “bigger” rollercoasters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter