Favorite non park restaurant for dinner?

kdibattista

<font color=darkorchid>It left an indent the size
We are looking for somewhere to eat our first night and we don't want to use one of our days in the parks since we will be arriving later afternoon. We usually do Yachtsman Steakhouse but we have that planned for the next night (we are coming in a day early because of flight issues).

Thanks!!!

We usually want a very casual meal our first night so we always go to ESPN. But I might try Spoodles next time.

Same issue with us, as we are arriving late and not using up a park day. That's why we like the Boardwalk Resorts so much. We were at YC last visit and loved Yachtsman Steakhouse and Spoodles. This time, we are staying at BWI. We are planning on Spoodles for our first night but if everyone wants a more casual meal, we will check out either ESPN club or Big River Grill. We are also planning a meal for one night at Flying Fish Cafe. There are lots of choices if you are in this area.::yes::

If you get in early enough, it is fun to go to Downtown Disney, if you don't want to go into the parks. There is lots to do and look around to get a bit of Disney flavor. We did that on our last trip and ate at Rainforest Cafe. :)

I would vote for ESPN club on the boardwalk or Earl of Sandwhich at DTD. Granted, Earl of Sandwhich isn't a "sit down" place...but the sandwhiches there are so yummy and extremely affordable! (it was by far our cheapest/best meal there yet!)

Spoodles consistently one of the best restaurants.

Try something a little different and go the opposite way from the airport to Titusville. There is a restraunt there called Dixie Crossroads. They have the very best "rock" shrimp around. You can get them to go or you can eat at their restraunt. Sometimes there is a very long wait as it is a very popular place. You can purchase the shrimp by the dozen and have them deep fried, steamed, grilled or most any other way you can think of. They are served with hot hush puppies. It is a very casual restraunt with great food.

I recommend going to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and eating dinner at Jiko or Boma. You can also see the animals while you are there :)

We love Fulton's Crab House! It's perfect for your first night. Walk around DTD, get the whole Disney feel, and have a great meal at Fulton's. What could be better.

One vote for Narcooses. I also like Boma @ AKL. The resort is beautiful and you can see the animals from the viewing area.

Dinner at 'Ohana at the Poly is our first-night tradition. Boma at AKL is also fabulous.

If you want a cheap meal, I second the vote for the Earl of Sandwhich. We actually ate there 3 times during our honeymoon. Its very affordable, and oh so yummy!

On the other side of the spectrum, I would vote for Jiko (more formal) or Spoodles (more fun). Both have great food.

Enjoy your vacation!

Fish Bones either on or near International Drive. The stuffed shrimp is delicious.

Originally posted by barbeml
Dinner at 'Ohana at the Poly is our first-night tradition. Boma at AKL is also fabulous.

This is what we are planning for our first night! Love the atmosphere of the Poly!

I also second Spoodles, however. We've had 2 great meals there, ordering both dinners and ala carte Tapas.

Flitter, I have read about Dixie Crossroads. Would have an idea of how far it is from Disney to Titusville? Has been many a year since I used to spend days on the beach down there watching space launches. My youth was not misspent, but sure was interesting. LOL

SG/Linda

or first day we had earl of sandwich for lunch and Ohanas for dinner. These were good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter