Favorite monorail restaurant for last day breakfast/brunch?

magicmountainmama

Mouseketeer
I'd like to do a fun, yummy late breakfast or brunch on our check out day. Mostly looking for character meal recommendations.
We're staying at Bay Lake, so I really want to eat on the monorail loop & we're not going into a theme park that day.
We'll be using our last dining plan credit, so price is not a factor.
Since we're driving, we're not on a specific timeline, so time is also not a factor.

I'd like to be able to take our time packing up & checking out and then get one last fun meal in. I currently have Ohana booked for 11:30, but I'm second guessing it I guess? As of now, 1900 Park Fare & Chef Mickey's are still available. We've never eaten at any of these restaurants.

We're a family of 5, with 3 boys ages 4, 11, 15. No particular favorite characters...we love them all :)
I'd appreciate your thoughts & recommendations!

We've done both Chef Mickeys and 1900 Park. I liked 1900 Park better. It was less crowded (as opposed to Chef Mickeys which is packed). Our child not only got a picture with Mary Poppins when she came to the table but was able to go over to her again later on because she had already visited the other tables. I was far less worried about running late for our flight at 1900 Park than Chef Mickeys. Also I thought the food was better (Red Velvet pancakes FTW).

This has started to be our tradition when we go as well. So far we have done Chef Mickey's, Ohana and 1900 Park Fare for our farewell breakfast before driving home. I thought the quality of the food is about the same for all of them. However, I think I preferred having more food choices from the traditional buffets (Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare), they had everything we got at Ohana plus more. Based on characters I would choose 1900 Park Fare. They had 3 face characters (Alice, Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins) and face characters I feel are always better interactions.

I'd like to do a fun, yummy late breakfast or brunch on our check out day. Mostly looking for character meal recommendations.
We're staying at Bay Lake, so I really want to eat on the monorail loop & we're not going into a theme park that day.
We'll be using our last dining plan credit, so price is not a factor.
Since we're driving, we're not on a specific timeline, so time is also not a factor.

I'd like to be able to take our time packing up & checking out and then get one last fun meal in. I currently have Ohana booked for 11:30, but I'm second guessing it I guess? As of now, 1900 Park Fare & Chef Mickey's are still available. We've never eaten at any of these restaurants.

We're a family of 5, with 3 boys ages 4, 11, 15. No particular favorite characters...we love them all :)
I'd appreciate your thoughts & recommendations!
We stay at Bay Lake.

Chef Mickey's is fun, but food is meh.

1900 Park Fare is also 'fun'…..but maybe not so much for 3 boys……

So, while I rarely recommend it, Ohana with Stitch may work best for the 3 boys.

If it's a Sunday and it's in your budget, brunch at California Grill is a spectacular experience. We also like the Wave at the Contemporary.

That said, since you specified you're looking for a character meal, I'd stick with 'Ohana. It's the best option on the monorail loop.

I also have boys (who eat a lot) and they would choose Chef Mickey’s for the buffet and the characters. I hear good things about 1900 but my boys wouldn’t be into those characters. And Ohana is good, but food options are more limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter