• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite masks?

OffToDWD

DIS Veteran
We've bought a variety of masks but haven't found one that we "love". If anyone has had success finding masks that they find to be comfortable (especially for kids), please share!

Everyone has their preferences so it's hard. I've ordered a multitude of masks; mostly for my husband who wears about 3-4 per day. His preference are the ones I got from Vida (shopvida.com). They are the most comfy. They have ear loops but the ear loops are adjustable, wire nose piece and a filter pocket. He also likes the material.

I think my Vera Bradley ones are most comfy. I have some others that are probably better quality than the Vera Bradley and thicker, but they get hot and heavy on me.

DH likes the Target ones for reusable and the disposable ones. Most comfortable for him.

I like the Target also.......I have a lot of different ones and they are all about the same. I think I will be able to tell better when it isn't so darn hot!!

We have homemade cloth masks. We have Disney masks (as many have reported here they are way way way small, waiting for replacement extra large masks to come).
But to be honest the cheap, disposable masks they sell at the grocery store and Walmart (made in China) with ear loops are the most comfortable. I wear glasses, they fit under my glasses, have a band in the top that can be bent to fit the contour of your nose, and wrap under my chin You never need to wash them, just toss them.

Vistaprint sells nice masks for adults and kids.
And you can design your own. Very good company, used them for years.

For college students, parents, and fans, there is a company in Orlando that makes college logo masks and they really look good. They make masks with more than 100 universities' logos. The masks are three-layer and washable and they really look good.

The company is rockemsocks.com

The founder of the company graduated from the University of Central Florida where my DD18 starts school next week. I heard about the company through a UCF fundraising effort with part of the proceeds from UCF masks going to a student emergency fund at UCF.

Here's an example of their masks:

And just a few of the schools -- there are more than 100

Last edited:
Interesting little side note to the college mask info above.

UCF's big rival is the University of South Florida, located in Tampa. The annual football game is called "The War on I-4."

This UCF grad's company makes socks and masks for over 100 universities -- from Alabama to Wyoming in the alphabet. One prominent rival, however, is absent from the list. Wanna guess which one?

ETA: Correction -- they DO have USF masks.

Last edited:
So far I have only tried a homemade one and ones from sendusmasks.com. I am very pleased with what we got from sendusmasks ( particularly their good prices and free shipping) and will likely order more in time. Adjustable ear loops, wire nose crimps and large enough fabric to comfortably cover the face so it doesn't slip when you talk. Its a basic pleated style.

I like mine from Old Navy. They are lightweight and the elastic around the ears is pretty comfy. I also have an Ohio State one from Homage. It’s more of a flannel fabric so it’s a little bit heavier which I think will probably be nice once the cooler weather hits again but that one is very comfortable. They have a lot of colors from Ohio teams and Pennsylvania teams

I like my Old Navy ones as well. They are comfortable and reasonably priced compared to some of the other ones I’ve seen. I did buy some Disney ones while I was in WDW, and I thought they were quite comfortable and fun but not as easy to breathe in.

Yes I found these on Etsy. they are thin and the earloop is adjustable and the loops are soft on the ear. I wear glasses so having the arm of my glasses plus a mask loop on my ears makes this a winner. There is no pulling on the ear My husband loves it because it does not smash his nose. See the string going behind her neck. it is long enough that you can tie each end (the string is 18 inches long) together that way if you need to remove the mask it will hang around your neck. I spin mind around so the mask in on the back side of my neck when I need to eat. I have seen people laying their mask with the part that goes against your face touching the table. Gross how do you know if that table is clean. Especially when I watch the waitress cleaning the tables at our Cracker Barrel. She took a rag and wiped several tables with the same rag and never sprayed a cleaning solution on the table. She only wiped around the sign laying on the table that says this table has been cleaning a sanitized. Never wiped the laminated sign off never cleaned under it where it was laying. God only knows how many people have touched that sign to move it out of there way since it lays flat on the table. Then another family was seated there. YUCK> She placed the dirty rag on her serving tray and then stopped to take the drink order from a newly seated family.

Threadless makes masks in super fun prints of comfortable tee shirt cotton. My red panda face from there is my absolute favorite.

Just a reminder. The CDC says cloth masks need to be at least three layers thick to provide much protection.

Also, there was a recent study from Duke University medical school that showed that single-layer masks (like the gaiters worn around the neck when not in use) actually are worse than no mask at all. They don't stop droplets when you sneeze. Instead, they aerosol the large droplets, which causes them to hang in the air longer and increase the potential for infection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter