Favorite Halloween horror/scary/spooky movies for a Halloween all day movie marathon?🎬

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
Favorite Halloween horror/scary/spooky movies for a Halloween all day movie marathon?🎬 📺

Just watched Train to Bursan and it was outstanding, it is Korean and has subtitles but totally worth the effort.

Also watching Dirty John which is about a bad divorce but ends of feeling more like a psychological thriller horror as most Christian Slater stuff does, like in Heathers where you are never really sure what exactly it is you are watching because of the glib charm. Pretty good Halloween choice for those who like the scary stuff on the lighter side, or at least I think so I haven't finished the story yet so it could get worse.

• The Woman in Black (2012 version)
  • Event Horizon (That one is evil!)
  • Hostel (Gore fest)a
  • The Blair Witch Project (Watch the documentary first, it puts you in the mood)
  • Ring O (The first in the series, from Japan, makes the American remake look tame)
  • Se7en - Creepy
  • The Village - actually scared me!
  • Silence of the Lambs - More a psychological thriller, Foster and Hopkins have AWESOME on screen energy

Last edited:
Each year for the past several I have picked a movie or a movie series to watch for Halloween. This year was to be the Scream series but I won't get the movies from the library in time so I will watch them whenever I get them.

Last years was the Halloween series. One year was Rocky Horror Picture Show. Another was the original It movie/mini-series.

I'm more of a "light" Halloween fan than real horror movies. - So far this year I've watched:
  • Gremlins (happened to catch it on TV)
  • Tower of Terror (had to borrow the DVD from the library) and
  • Hocus Pocus (a favorite I watch every year - Freeform's "Pop'n Knowledge" version is especially fun)

Last edited:
My must-see Halloween lineup (I watch them through the season):

The Shining
The Exorcist
The Birds
Psycho
Poltergeist
House of 1000 Corpses
Freaks (not actually horror)
Lost Boys

I also really like:
Get Out
Us
Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th
Halloween
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Fun fact: It's based on the same real-life serial killer as Psycho)
Let the Right One In
Interview with the Vampire (not actually horror)

Along with many of the above listed films, I would try to include:

Night of the Living Dead
Alien
Halloween
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Frankenstein
28 Days Later
The Thing (from another world)
The Haunting (of Hill House)
Fright Night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter