Favorite Guilty Pleasure on DCL

Your entire post made me get misty eyed. That's exactly how we feel about Disney cruises. I just don't know that any other cruise line could invoke the emotion from me that Disney does. I cry every time the horn blows, during the "See ya real soon", and especially when walking off the ship. I call the door you board through the "happy and sad door" because it's the happiest place in the world when you embark and the saddest place when you disembark.

I must agree. Can't wait for march 26 to get here! U summer it up.
But I must concur on Mickey bars very night
Mojitos at the adult pool!!
In the pool with my kids watching the cartoons on funnel vision

The souffles! I can certainly get behind the chocolate one from Palo, but the grand mariner one from Royal Court can certainly hold its own also...! I also enjoy having so much lobster... I usually only get a tail a year or so but on DCL that gets driven up! Heck more seafood in general than I have patience for at home! :)

Definitely indulge in sleep, trying new foods- those menus make you SO adventurous, I love it!!, I also love catching up on all my disney movies in the room, funnel vision, theater etc. SO much disney, so much to love!!

The souffles! I can certainly get behind the chocolate one from Palo, but the grand mariner one from Royal Court can certainly hold its own also...! I also enjoy having so much lobster... I usually only get a tail a year or so but on DCL that gets driven up! Heck more seafood in general than I have patience for at home! :)
Where do you get so many lobster tails on the cruise? Is it available more than one night?

JW

Overall favorite thing; turning off my iPhone and disconnecting from the world and connecting with my wife and kids for a week.

Favorite foods:

Breakfast - Corned Beef Hash

Lunch - Tie for Bacon Cheeseburger from the MDR and peel and eat shrimp from Cabanas

Dinner - load me up with a few orders of the Pasta Purseittes in Animators!

Overall favorite thing; turning off my iPhone and disconnecting from the world and connecting with my wife

Amen and amen! I know some people have to have their phone on for work or some other situation but I turn mine off and give work and family the emergency number to the ship if they need me. Part of our joy in cruising is disconnecting from the world. If you're reading this and don't do this now, I encourage you to do it if at all possible. It will improve your cruise experience so much rather than spending all day on Facebook.

Where do you get so many lobster tails on the cruise? Is it available more than one night?

JW

I don't think so, but they will bring out a second tail. On our Alaskan they also kept the king crab legs coming.... :thanks: We also had lobster the same cruise in one of the signature restaurants - maybe Remy? I want to say we also had langostino as well in one of them but further googling says that is not a true lobster nor is it a prawn. Who knew? It was just as tasty! :cloud9:

Part of our joy in cruising is disconnecting from the world. If you're reading this and don't do this now, I encourage you to do it if at all possible. It will improve your cruise experience so much rather than spending all day on Facebook.
I had this same discussion with my daughter on our last cruise. She spent so much time trying to film the Pirate Night Party for her friends to see when we got home, she missed the whole dang thing.

For me it's getting two orders of Crème Brûlée at dinner and then heading to La Piazza for a glass of prosecco! :)
  • Pixie dust. We surprised a random CM with a treat from her home country. Turns out, she hasn't been home since 2014... Hands down, this was my favourite moment of our cruise and I'd totally do it again.
That is a cool idea. How did you know what to give them if it was random? Did you pick a country first, then a CM?

That is a cool idea. How did you know what to give them if it was random? Did you pick a country first, then a CM?

Exactly. I picked out some treats from the Filipino grocery store near us and then I carried them around the ship on a sea day until I saw someone with a name tag that said Philippines. :)

We live in a very multicultural city, so these things are easy for us to get our hands on, but not easy to find in the ports that DCL stops in (and many staff don't get shore time anyway.) The server we surprised could not believe that we brought her Polvoron from Canada! I might bring treats from a few different countries next time; there are so many nationalities on board..

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter