Favorite grocery store items to be delivered?

blueskymom

Earning My Ears
Hi! We're making our list for Amazon Prime Now and trying to think of different things we may want or need for both our hotel stay (off-site) and in the parks. There's 3 of us (2 adults and a toddler).

So far we have disposable plates/towels/cutlery; fresh fruit; some breakfast items.

We're flying and don't want to bog ourselves down too much.

There must be other things, right? :thanks:

Bottled water.
What do you like for snacks in the park?
After park in your room?
Do you cook any meals in your room?

1. Bottled water, liquid hand soap (so much nicer than bar soap), diapers/pull-ups (if still using them), wipes, single serving toddler snacks (goldfish, etc), juice boxes; adult drinks (soda, wine if desired); Milk (sometimes they have those little organic single serving milk boxes that don't need refrigeration); cereal,bowls and spoons are nice, if you are cereal eaters.

I might also consider ordering/bringing glow sticks/necklaces, bracelets and inexpensive light up toys -- helps entertain when the large carts of expensive light up toys come out.

2. Things you could pack that don't take much room or order:

A. Gallon Ziplocks (million and one uses from leftovers to smelly items to a place to keep phones and small purses dry on water rides);

B. Trash bags: again a lot of uses plus I hate those tiny hotel trash cans;

C. Collapsible laundry hamper really useful for stays 3 days or longer. I read that suggestion on this board, along with the liquid hand soap, and though "will those really make a difference?" YES... they do!

Have fun!!

Last edited:
Bottled water.
What do you like for snacks in the park?
After park in your room?
Do you cook any meals in your room?

Water's a good one! Though we should probably just bring our refillable bottles.

I'm not sure about snacks, yet. I'd like to keep it healthy-ish, but my dd is picky (and inconsistent). I do kind of want to just snack through the day. So early am snack, late breakfast to bridge between lunch and dinner (skipping lunch probably), and then a cs dinner probably. DD has taken a liking to salami lately, so maybe a packet of sliced salami...

We'll have a fridge and microwave in the room, but don't plan on cooking.

Bottled water for sure. If your toddler is in diapers still, I would order wipes and diapers (only travel with however many you need to get you through your travels). Saves room and weight in luggage. For snacks, nuts are good - barring any allergies. String cheese? If your hotel has a freezer, you can freeze water bottles and pack them in your day bag. They'll act as cooling packs for any cold snacks (cheese, salami....) and melt during the day so you have cold water to drink.

If you are using a stroller (and I definitely recommend it) and it has a basket underneath, a small collapsible cooler filled with hotel ice works great in the parks.

If you aren't bringing your own, rent a stroller off-site to be delivered/picked up at your hotel. Invaluable for walks back from the park.

We have 3 kids - 6, 4, 2 - but we've done DL since the oldest were 3 and 1. We always order milk, string cheese, pretzels/goldfish, beef jerky, trail mix packs, bottled water to freeze and use as ice packs (and also drink...it is sometimes harder than you think to find places to refill water, and restaurants will only give you water cups, they won't fill your bottle), yogurt tubes, crackers, dried fruit, fresh fruit, baby carrots...we try to avoid paying $10 for chicken nuggets and eat what we bring :) also baby food squeeze packs, my kids under 2 always ate those.

water???? are you drinking urban water now, because if you are drinking rural water, Anahiem water is difficult to hydrate with after a long day.

tortilla shells with shredded cheese in the microwave, along with popcorn. With the tortilla shells, i wrap them in plastic wrap and they fit nicely into my backpack instead of a sandwich.

Based on the Prime Now order from my last trip:

Bottled water
Caffeine-free diet Coke (you can't find caffeine-free Coke products anywhere on Disney property)
String cheese

For sandwiches (alternately - peanut butter, jelly, and tortillas):
Tuna fish (in pouches)
Sliced cheese
Flour tortillas

Fiber bars and/or fiber cookies (high-fiber due to health reasons)

Laundry detergent pods, stain spray, dryer sheets (DVC = washer/dryer in 1-bedroom = less clothes to pack)

Disinfecting wipes or sprays
Hand sanitizer gel (portable; you can also buy from Disney)
(ever since I came down with a horrible cold that lasted for a month after one vacation)

Hi! We're making our list for Amazon Prime Now and trying to think of different things we may want or need for both our hotel stay (off-site) and in the parks. There's 3 of us (2 adults and a toddler).

So far we have disposable plates/towels/cutlery; fresh fruit; some breakfast items.

We're flying and don't want to bog ourselves down too much.

There must be other things, right? :thanks:
YES! Bottled water!!!!!

My group doesn't even use tap water to brush their teeth.
The taste of the water in the area isn't very desirable.
Counter service locations will give you free cups of water to refill your drink containers.

We will also order plastic wrap and tray of sandwiches from vons. Wrap each in plastic wrap and stick in fridge. Great meals! Also microwaveable mini pancakes for kids. They come in a pouch, just microwave pouch and hand over to kid.

We always get a couple flats of water, one with larger bottles and another with smaller, 8oz bottles. I find them easier to fit in small bags and lighter to carry.
A 6 pack of a sports drink of some kind especially if its going to be hot. More if it's going to be scorching hot.
Bananas
Cheesestrings
Bottle of wine, maybe 2 lol

Great suggestions everyone! Here's a couple of ideas for you to consider:

1) If your toddler sometimes still have accidents in bed, I suggest bringing 2 bed underpads (1 to use & 1 spare dry one in case of accident) to protect and keep the mattress dry. I usually place the underpad on TOP of the bedsheet & mattress (NOT underneath the bed sheet) and have my kids sleep on it. In case of accident, I just remove the wet pad and replace with the dry one ... easier than changing the sheets AND pad!

Here's an example of what I'm talking about (please check out link ... FYI only ... I'm NOT endorsing this brand although these are the ones that I use):

https://www.costco.ca/SILVERtouch™-...&keyword=silvertouch&langId=-24&storeId=10302

2) To keep your food items colder, just freeze what you can if you don't have access to a cooler or ice packs: water bottles, juice boxes, yogurt tubes, deli meats, cheese strings etc. It's so hot in Disneyland, I think even with ice packs it might be a good idea to freeze your items if you can. I've never tried this but some people have said frozen grapes were really good if you're looking at bringing fruit into the parks.

3) To flavour your water, there's "squeezable" flavour drops so you don't have to mess around with powder.

4) Alternating water with Gatorade or Powerade or similar type of sports drink with electrolytes really cuts down on heat exhaustion and headaches.

5) Emergency First Aid Kit: bandaides, tylenol, antihistamines, motion sickness pills, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, wet wipes or diaper wipes

Have a great time! :-)

These were all such great recommendations! Of course we didn't end up using any delivery services, lol. There was a small convenience store at the hotel next door (the Cove @ Tropicana), and I just used the stroller to pick up a large thing of water and some bare necessities and convenience food. I was glad to have these ideas, though, since even though I didn't have any deliveries made it made shopping faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter