Favorite gas stops between Atlanta and the Fort

mco65

get busy living, or get busy dying!
We leave on the Sep 5th.. (40ft 5th wheel). First long trip with the RV.
We plan on stopping at Buccees just south of Warner Robbins.. filling up with gas.

My thoughts are Valdosta and Lake City.
Obviously i am looking for an easy in and out with a 40ft trailer..
Will need at least one more tank of fuel at some point.
Will need a place to walk the dog and stretch my legs.

What are you favorite stops along this path?

THanks in advance!

Looks like you'll end up on 75. I go up and back on 95 so no help.
@garneska lives in Atlanta and is a frequent flyer. I'm sure she could probably give you a list.

Looks like you'll end up on 75. I go up and back on 95 so no help.
@garneska lives in Atlanta and is a frequent flyer. I'm sure she could probably give you a list.
Correct. I will jump on i75 near Cartersville (north of Atlanta) and remain on i75 South all the way to the Florida Turnpike... Looking for a couple easy in and outs on i75 between Macon, GA and the turnpike in Florida.

Theres a Flying J on 75 in Lake park GA thats just North of the FL border. We typically stop there and top off since the gas is a little cheaper than anything you will find on I-75, plus they have the RV lanes which works better for my gasser with the 36ft fifth wheel.

MCO- How far can you get on a tank. The Buc-ees in Warner-Robins is a decent one. Fuel is cheaper in GA than FL.

There is a TA at Lake Park, GA south of Valdosta, right near the FL border that is easy in/out.

j

Exit 414 on I75 in Florida has a Love's and gas is about 20 cents less per gallon than the surrounding exits. It's a good place to fill up before Disney. It's a Lake City exit.

I love this website Iexit

MCO- How far can you get on a tank. The Buc-ees in Warner-Robins is a decent one. Fuel is cheaper in GA than FL.

There is a TA at Lake Park, GA south of Valdosta, right near the FL border that is easy in/out.

j
I haven't been that far yet.. I have a 36 gallon tank and have averaged 9-10 MPG on the few short trips we have taken... so i expect to go 350 or so miles on a tank... Buccees in Warner Robbins is right at the 350 window.. too close for my taste, so I am looking for a fill up about halfway, near the florida line and obviously another stop between florida and turnpike for dog and to stretch the legs a tad..

Theres a Flying J on 75 in Lake park GA thats just North of the FL border. We typically stop there and top off since the gas is a little cheaper than anything you will find on I-75, plus they have the RV lanes which works better for my gasser with the 36ft fifth wheel.
I saw the flying J on the Map in Lake Park... definitely looks like a great option. I didn't see a lane specific for RVs? Is it the lane i have highlighted??

1661781833147.png

Buc-ees without a doubt - just south of Macon, Ga (Warner Robbins area). Its a huge gas station (no trucks allowed), and store
7001 Russell Parkway
Fort Valley, Georgia 31030

Buc-ees without a doubt - just south of Macon, Ga (Warner Robbins area). Its a huge gas station (no trucks allowed), and store
7001 Russell Parkway
Fort Valley, Georgia 31030

Stop there every time we go to WDW (at least we have in the couple years Buccees has been there). This will be our first stop there with the 5th wheel.

Gonna need 1 more stop for gas and at least another stop for a break before we get to the fort..

Lake City, FL has exorbitant gas prices. Confiscatory prices. Gouging prices. Avoid it if possible.

Go with any south GA option that the folks recommend.

If you go through Lake City and need to buy gas there is a stop or two between there and Gainesville that are less expensive. GasBuddy is your friend.

Bama Ed

PS - quick check via GB on Lake City averages versus Valdosta averages as examples, Lake City is about 45 cents HIGHER for regular gas.

Typically we get gas in Florida at exit 341 just south of Ocala. It is a Pilot. Easy on and off. There is also a decent pilot at the GA border still in GA. It is Exit 11, again a pilot.

We did Buc-ees when we came down in June from Cincinnati. We topped of at Buc-ees in Richmond Ky, then stopped Buc-ees in Calhoun GA, and again at Buc-ees at Warner Robbins. We did top off once in Florida at a Shell/Circle K (that was a tight one and I didn't note where it was exactly). We have 30'Class C and were towing the 12' enclosed trailer behind with the golf cart in it. Average price then was about $4.00 at each stop. Richmond was still slightly higher. We have a 55 gallon tank (unleaded) and average about 8-9 mpg.

Buc-ees!!!
clean bathrooms, food, bakery - what’s not to love.
Get the Salted Carmel Fudge 😋

Buc-ees is from TEXAS - everything is bigger in Texas. Yes, Buc-ees BBQ is wonderful. Bake goods to die for. I live very close to one in Bastrop, Tx

If you have Sam’s Club there’s one in Gainesville. Not too far off I75. Not easy to navigate with an extra length vehicle but not too bad. I’ve done it a few times.

Made it to the fort last night just before 6. Stopped at Buc-cees just south of warner Robbins, Ga. I like Buc cees but it can get crowded. Took a loop before I found a spot to fill up. Still a must stop.

Next stop was exit 2, just before the Florida state line. Flying J. Easy in and out. Love the RV gas lanes but wonder if it ever got crowded.... A 40footer could not have waited behind me without sitting in the road. There are 2 lanes so...

Last stop was a rest area, no gas, just before Ocalla. Easy in and out with an RV section.

Thanks for the guidance. Made the trip a lot easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter