Favorite Galaxy's Edge Entrance?

For me, it is the one behind Big Thunder Railroad. I love the transition between Western to Other-Planet and the arrival view being "marketplace" rather than the strong camps of either Imperial or Rebel.

Edited to add: Because we attended "pre-opening" and were queued up along Hungry Bear ... that entrance continues to hold a soft spot. That entry builds anticipation as things come to view fairly slowly ...

I would definitely enter from one of the two paths behind Big Thunder, rather than the entrance close to Critter Country. You get quicker access to the Millennium Falcon, which is the immediate "wow factor" piece of Galaxy Edge. (The whole area is great if you're a Star Wars fan, IMO, but that first time you see the Falcon is pretty mind blowing.)

I vote for the "middle" entrance. It has the largest tunnel and you end up right at the Droid Depot (with some droid decor -- and maybe Chewbacca -- nearby). It's a short walk up the steps past Ronto Roasters, Docking Bay 7, and Dok-Ondar's to overlook the Millennium Falcon.

I really enjoyed getting there early in the morning and taking in the sights and sounds with minimal people and eating a Ronto Breakfast Wrap while my husband and son scanned crates and hacked door panels with the Play Disney app (we skipped other rides as GE was their highest priority on that day).

LOL ... seems our answers are all over the place! It kinda seems the answer to "Which One?" is: Yes!*

* "Yes!" is my husband's favorite answer when asked to choose between two items. He'll take both/either.
  • Apple Pie or Ice Cream? Yes!
  • Steak or Lobster? Yes!
  • Carrots or Brussel Sprouts? Yes!
  • Disneyland or a weekend at the beach? Yes!
  • Toyota FJ Cruiser in Yellow or Red? ... you get the point ... and ummm, yes, again.

LOL ... seems our answers are all over the place! It kinda seems the answer to "Which One?" is: Yes!*

* "Yes!" is my husband's favorite answer when asked to choose between two items. He'll take both/either.
  • Apple Pie or Ice Cream? Yes!
  • Steak or Lobster? Yes!
  • Carrots or Brussel Sprouts? Yes!
  • Disneyland or a weekend at the beach? Yes!
  • Toyota FJ Cruiser in Yellow or Red? ... you get the point ... and ummm, yes, again.

LOL! There are definitely no wrong answers here, honestly! Galaxy's Edge is pretty fantastic no matter which way you walk in, so it all comes down to personal preference.

I've only been to the WDW Batuu...is their entrance like the one coming from the Hungry BEar side at DLR?

I've only been to the WDW Batuu...is their entrance like the one coming from the Hungry BEar side at DLR?
WDW's has two entrances.
  • The one from BaseLine Tap House resembles DL's entrance from the Hungry Bear; they both approach from/through the Rebel camp.
  • WDW's entrance from Alien Swinging Sauces brings to one into Batuu at the Droid Depot and resembles DL's middle entrance at the backside of Big Thunder.

WDW's has two entrances.
  • The one from BaseLine Tap House resembles DL's entrance from the Hungry Bear; they both approach from/through the Rebel camp.
  • WDW's entrance from Alien Swinging Sauces brings to one into Batuu at the Droid Depot and resembles DL's middle entrance at the backside of Big Thunder.
the baseline tap house side is by Muppet Vision?

Depends on your slant - resistance (not rebel scum) or first order (not imperial) or just a survivor in the outer rim --yes being a SW nerd here.

If resistance -- critter country
If outer rim - middle Big Thunder Mt
If first order - back smoking entrance.

The first order entrance gives the single best 'wow' starting with the shuttle and then walk past cantina and finally the MF. Even MORE impressive if you go the first time at night.

Depends on your slant - resistance (not rebel scum) or first order (not imperial) or just a survivor in the outer rim --yes being a SW nerd here.

If resistance -- critter country
If outer rim - middle Big Thunder Mt
If first order - back smoking entrance.

The first order entrance gives the single best 'wow' starting with the shuttle and then walk past cantina and finally the MF. Even MORE impressive if you go the first time at night.
Thanks for the corrected vocabulary! :)

To me, it’s the least amount of steps 🤣😂 unless you’re doing it first.

If you’re already doing Adventureland rides, it’s just easier to get in Galaxies Edge past critter country, but, it probably is the most boring entrance and least likely to feel like you’ve entered Batuu.

I really like the entrance closest to Fantasyland, going right into the heart of Batuu, but seeing droids first thing is exciting too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter