Favorite Fanny Pack and Backpack for Universal?

I was there recently and took my usual park bag… Baggallini crossbody bag. It’s water resistant, light weight and not too big. It easily holds my phone, a few travel sized umbrellas, sunglasses and more. There’s an outer side mesh compartment that is just big enough to hold a water bottle. It easily fit in all of the lockers along with my daughter’s mini backpack in the same locker.
dear wdwrule do you have a picture of your bag? thank you

Crossbodys for sure at UO. You can now wear them on many rides, the only ones that you can't are Hulk, RRR, Velocicoaster, maybe MIB and mummy,
Really?! The last time we were there (2017) I’m pretty sure I could not take any sort of bag on almost any ride. Is there a certain size crossbody that’s allowed?

Really?! The last time we were there (2017) I’m pretty sure I could not take any sort of bag on almost any ride. Is there a certain size crossbody that’s allowed?
October of 2020 for the Harry Potter rides as well as a few others you could wear a waist pack but crossbodies and all others bags had to go in the lockers.

October of 2020 for the Harry Potter rides as well as a few others you could wear a waist pack but crossbodies and all others bags had to go in the lockers.

When last I visited Universal, I would describe our bags as hybrid between fanny packs/crossbody/slings. the style is called a "belt bag."

They could easily be worn fanny pack style- around our waists, when necessary, but it was also very easy to unclip and carry over one shoulder between attractions. Like you'd wear a sling/crossbody, and that's how I wore it much of the day.

It was a tiny bother to have to adjust it, but not a big deal. I'm not a fan of fanny packs, but I also really liked not having to use the lockers.

I thought I was ahead of the curve, but then I noticed a ton of other people all had basically the same type of bag- both genders.

I got mine at Target. Target sells some backpacks/bags year round, but carry a wider selection only seasonally, mostly in spring. I can't say 100% what place is best, but I think some of the yoga/athleisure stores more regularly carry this style of bag and call it a "belt bag." They are very much gender neutral, and kind of an urban look. Maybe also try looking for them at an 'outdoor/active gear' store like R.E.I.

The only downside is they are not all that big. I could only fit an 8-ounce water bottle in mine, though some might be bigger/better for carrying water.

I got a fanny pack from corehemp its eco friendly and made from hemp. I take it everywhere.

Fjallraven Uvo. Large enough to fit my 26oz yeti bottle, 3 prong clip so it can go on ride and waterproof. if you have the water bottle you will still have to put it in the locker unless you are okay with the bottle sitting on your lower back during the rides. I would give my bf my bottle to be added to his locker. I’m getting a slimmer water bottle for this trip to avoid the lockers completely except the metal detector rides.

I like the Lululemon everywhere bag (the Fanny pack) for my phone and sunglasses, but my all time favorite park bag is the lesportsac Ryan diaper bag. It is cross body, holds a ton (including 2 dedicated spaces for water bottles), is super flexible/adaptable, and since I have it in black my husband will carry it.

We also carry a backpack from time to time to mix it up.

I have carried a Lug bag, a loungefly and a epcot soft backpack. Don't bring a bag that is huge. I found that these were good and that they fit in the lockers. The loungefly was a bit of an issue but I got it in. Pack what you need. I also tend to take bags that are easy to bend and has flexible fabric so I can work it. The issue is when I try to carry my wand in. It was too long for the loungefly and but it fit perfectly in my Epcot soft bag

I have an Eagle Creek waist pack I bought in 2002 - I cant find anything to replace it and it seems they no longer make it. What I like about it is it clips to the bag with D rings and you can also clip those to your belt loop - so even if someone cuts the belt its clipped to your pants. In addition its slim and has a small zipped pocket for cards and an inner pocket for cards as well.

Seems like all the current ones clip in the back and it would not be as secure - IMO in Europe pick pockets are the biggest concern for tourists and this bag seems to work well for that concern and still gives easy access to cards etc.. and does not look ridiculous under your shirt

I use the same full sized backpack that I use at Disney, a Boba Fett lounge fly. but do put less stuff in it, so it can squash down to fit in lockers. I've tried fanny packs, but I'd rather have more room, and have all the usual stuff I like to bring to the parks. However, this last trip, did have to have my son get a second locker to hold the refillable mug, water bottles/gatorade, and we opted to put the phones in his too. No big deal at all to get lockers, except had to wait a few mins at Velocicoaster one busy time, but they held the whole line, VC lockers are located w/in the queue, and love that, so can keep phones until then.
Reading through the thread tho, and my look at replacing, getting a more waterproof bag for future trips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter