Favorite Easy Foods

daemom said:
My SIL always cooks her turkey breasts in the crock pot. If it's frozen she puts it in the night before with chicken broth--and let's it cook all night and most of the next day. I use the same method but have never tried it frozen. And don't buy a breast that's larger than your crockpot! :lmao: good luck!

I was just fixing to ask "how big of a pot she got?"

My SIL always cooks her turkey breasts in the crock pot. If it's frozen she puts it in the night before with chicken broth--and let's it cook all night and most of the next day. I use the same method but have never tried it frozen. And don't buy a breast that's larger than your crockpot! :lmao: good luck!

Sounds good! Healthier with chicken broth than butter, and no waiting for it to thaw! :thumbsup2 I'll have to give it try. Thanks! :)

... the turkey in the crock pot! Did you wrap it in aluminum foil? Add some butter first? How long did you cook it? I'd love to give that a try! :)

Sorry! I just got back from a (non-Disney :sad1:) vacation.

I have the biggest CrocPot I could buy. Yes, it's oval. No foil, no butter, but I halved potatoes, put a can of chicken broth in, set the turkey (yep, breast) on the potatoes, which kept it elevated above the chicken broth. I can't remember how long I cooked it for. I know it was more than four hours, and I'm thinking it may have been for six?

We do a lot of picnic style dinners. Often we eat lunch in the park so a lighter dinner fits in with room to get a snack or treat if we go back to the park or the campfire that night!
I bring hummus, home made ham salad, cheese, salami and crackers, apples to slice up, carrot sticks, other cut up raw veggies, ranch dip, hard boiled eggs, bags of almonds etc. I bring a couple cans of tuna for tuna salad. One or two nights we might grill but most nights are definitely dinners we can pull out and nibble on right away.

We do a lot of picnic style dinners. Often we eat lunch in the park so a lighter dinner fits in with room to get a snack or treat if we go back to the park or the campfire that night!
I bring hummus, home made ham salad, cheese, salami and crackers, apples to slice up, carrot sticks, other cut up raw veggies, ranch dip, hard boiled eggs, bags of almonds etc. I bring a couple cans of tuna for tuna salad. One or two nights we might grill but most nights are definitely dinners we can pull out and nibble on right away.

My family would love this!!

I'm looking for some new easy meals for the crock pot to try now, for next summer vacation at Disney. About the easiest thing I cook is a roast with potatoes, carrots, onion, can of golden mushrooms soup thrown in a crock pot. I like the fresh vegetables better but I have thrown canned potatoes and carrots in instead of the fresh ones. Another thing I do is when I cook Breakfast I cook alot, so we have left over biscuits, sausage, bacon, eggs, pancakes or whatever I cook, for the next morning of breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter