Favorite DVC Resort

disneydad7281231

Earning My Ears
Just something for fun and to learn some highlights about resorts for anyone that is new (like myself) or has never stayed in certain resorts!

----------------------------------------------------

Favorite Resort to Stay!

ONE reason you LOVE IT!

----------------------------------------------------

Keep it short and sweet!
Please don't OPPOSE anyone! Everyone has right to their own opinion not making anyone wrong! (Unless you think the best pool is Seven Seas Lagoon 🐊)

BWV. Can walk to Epcot and studios or take a scenic boat ride. Bus to MK stops nowhere else. Fantastic views from boardwalk view villas or from just being on the boardwalk. Pool is well-done with long slide. Good nightlife and you have easy access to lots of restaurants at BW, BC, Swan/Dolphin, and with park pass, such as our annual passes, easy access to restaurants at Epcot.

Animal Kingdom for the exotic animals you can see from your room. Food options are excellent as well. Riviera for the newness and charm, Skyliner to Epcot and HS. Boardwalk for the views, food options and easy access to Epcot and HS. BLT for the fireworks and walking to MK. Boulder Ridge for the lobby in Wilderness Lodge and the shear beauty of the resort. BTW I own at all of these.

It's been very fluid since we bought into DVC back in 2006. But currently, my fave is Riviera. I love taking the Skyliner and we are mainly Epcot people. Love Bar Riva. Love the theme and set up of the rooms. It's just such a point eater. We have an OKW studio for tomorrow night and would rather have a 1BR somewhere. RR was just available but soooooo many points. Yesterday a 2BR at SSR was available for less. Should have grabbed that. And hours before that, a 1BR BLT was available (for a little less than 2BR SSR) that I really should have grabbed.

Our 2nd preferred resort is SSR. Love DS and love the new room set up at SSR. And always the best service there. It's quite and we can park right by our building. Plus point cost is low.

AKV, I suppose is 3rd. Due to the animals and theme and we love club level whenever we can snag it. And it is the closest WDW property to our house....like 12 mins away. But it is far away from Epcot and DS. Though we do like AK 3rd so we go there when we stay at AKV.

4th is tied between BWV and BCV. Because we can walk to Epcot and we own most points at BWV so easy to book and standard view is low. But rooms were so awfully dated at both. And parking is way out. ANd they both give us rooms on the later side. And bands sometimes don't work on the doors.

5th is CCV/BRV because so pretty and quiet. Fun resort with Geyser Point. We don't do MK though so, meh.

6th is VGF/Poly/BLT. Don't do MK nor have little kids. So, for now, these resorts don't appeal based on those factors. But they are lovely resorts with fun stuff and great food places. But also point eaters.

OKW is last. Very dated and no walking to anything. It is quiet and low point cost and can park at building. But the rooms are like a worn out comfort inn or something. No wine opener in our last room. No glasswear. Sparce and haggard.

Last edited:
Boulder Ridge. It totally feels like home. I walk into the main WL lobby and I feel the stresses of everyday life melt away. I wish I had not resisted staying there for so long because I thought it wasn’t my “vibe”. :rolleyes: Never say never.

Overall. Hilton Head. But specifically at WDW, mine is BCV, DH's is OKW. I like the ability to get so many places without using a bus at BCV, especially Epcot, which is my favorite park. I also enjoy all the great places where I can sit and read at BCV, like the Solarium, and in the villas, the lounge that's off to the right as you come in.

I am not certain that there is a significant enough difference between them for me. I plan to try them all. At least those with an expiration date below 2070.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter