Favorite/Dream Resort

My favorite resort is Port Orleans Riverside., I just love the theming of the entire resort, from the landscaping to the lobby to the rooms. It gives me that feel that I'm in Louisiana, and not in Disney World.

If I were to suddenly win a Powerball jackpot, I would be booking a room for two weeks at The Grand Floridian, and sometime I'd be finding my way to The Chef's Table at Victoria and Albert's.

Wilderness Lodge. We love the architecture and feel of the place. It's fun to sit by the fire and unwind after a day at the parks. Easy access to MK, the monorail resorts, and Fort Wilderness.

Mine would be GF. I love how peaceful it seems. Sadly, I doubt it will ever be in our budget.

I'd say villas at Grand Floridian, only because I've always wanted to stay there but have never been able to find availability!!! Ugghh!

I really like AKL. But if money were no object, we would stay at the Poly for a couple of weeks. Been there a couple of times for "Ohana breakfast, and liked the theming and over all feel of the resort.

My favorite is Boardwalk Inn, but it is my dream to stay in the main building at Grand Floridian one day.

I can and do stay where I want, YC is my favorite but I'll stay in any of the Epcot resorts that have a vacancy and are the cheapest on the dates I want to go. I can afford to not look for the cheapest but that is just silly, all three are pretty much alike. I've stayed at almost all the deluxe resorts except WL and SS. I've stayed at all the moderates at POFQ. I've only stayed at two values, Pop and ASSp and that was pretty much enough to make me realize I'm not a value kind of gal.

My dream resort is/was BC. We stayed there last trip and it really lived up to the hype. But now my dilemma is do I try new resorts or stick to the BC.

Polynesian - We love the theme; we love the restaurants; we love the pools; our kids (and us adults) love that they sell the Dole Whip near the pool; but mostly we love how relaxing it feels at this resort. We love the Tiki torches at night. We love everything about the Polynesian.

If money was no object I'd stay at Grand Floridian or Poly. We stayed at the Poly once and enjoyed it.

Well, I used to think it would be Royal Palm Club Theme Park view at GF because it seemed to me like the most deluxe of the deluxe resort experiences. However, I am now doing some preliminary planning for a splurge trip and can honestly say I DON'T KNOW. I have narrowed it down to CL at BWI, YC, WL, AKL, or GF.

Last edited:
I have never stayed at GF and will try it someday (maybe next year). So for now I would say Beach club. Easy access to Epcot, good dining options on site, solid rooms, and a great pool

If money were no object, I think I would do a split stay at Grand Floridian and Beach Club. I think I would want to do Club Level at both resorts!

The only place I've stayed and haven't liked was CBR.

That said, I think my favorite so far is WL. I love the architecture and the boat ride to MK. I went to the last show of Wishes on 5/11 and was back on the dock at WL at 9:31 PM. It was such a peaceful boat ride at night!

The only 2 places I want to stay and haven't yet are AKL (where we are staying next trip) and BC. I may try Poly down the road sometime too. I have absolutely no desire to stay at GF. It's just not my style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter