• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Disneyland Restaurants

I love me some Cafe Orleans, and I don't think we've had slow service there, but here's my take: If you've got one day and the energy to go all day without needing a break, go all day and don't take a prolonged break. There are plenty of great quick service options you can try and even eat on your way to the next ride.

Yeah, that's definitely the way I'm leaning. I had mistakenly thought all along that Café Orleans was quick service until recently, so now I'm trying to figure out which QS spots sound the best.

I know one thing....I ain't leavin' until I get one of those corn dogs. #CORNDOGZ4LIFE

Yeah, that's definitely the way I'm leaning. I had mistakenly thought all along that Café Orleans was quick service until recently, so now I'm trying to figure out which QS spots sound the best.

I know one thing....I ain't leavin' until I get one of those corn dogs. #CORNDOGZ4LIFE
French Market is good if you want to stick to Cajun inspired food. I've heard great things about Bengal BBQ and will definitely be trying it out next trip (less than a month away!). I've also heard good things about Harbor Galley and Hungry Bear, but haven't tried them yet.

As for the corn dogs, I'm not a fan (shhhh... don't tell anyone, they'll ban me). I prefer my cornbread to be a little sweeter than Disneyland's version. I don't think they're terrible though, but my wife does. :)

@KingLlama Instead of going to the red fire truck that serves corn dogs and chips, you could go to the stagedoor cafe (QS) and get a corn dog and fries. I also think it's slightly cheaper at stagedoor, but it's the same corn dog. :)

Disneyland
Plaza Inn (Chicken is to die for)
Big Thunder BBQ (RIP for the $-grab of Starwars)
Cafe Orleans (Gumbo and Pommes Frites)
French Market Beignet counter (a day in DL isn't complete without beignets)
Club 33 (when pixie dust happens)
Blue Bayou (dining waterside never gets old)
Dole Whips (because whips!!)
Bengal Barbecue (steak skewers FTW)
Turkey leg because they are great
Churro because CHURRO!!
Pizza Port for the kiddos
Popcorn everywhere
Harbor Galley (Lobster Bisque is the winner here)

DCA
Carthay
Award Weiners
Flo's
Cozy Cone
Smoke Jumpers
Boudin Bakery (clam chowder in a bread bowl FTW)
Karl Straus Beer Truck (Tower 10 IPA is a MUST)
Cove Bar (Lobster Nachos and libations)
Corndog place (Katherine loves a corndog)

DLH/DGCH&S
Napa Rose
Trader Sam's
Steakhouse 55

My all time favorite is at the THE CORNDOG HUT in California Adventures. I love the HOT-LINK CORNDOGS (with mustard )! This is the only place in North America I have ever found them. Cancun to Onterio, this is it folks, the only place I've ever found em! The regular corn dogs are ok but, you can get those literally everywhere. No, I do not eat a lot of hot-links or corn dogs but, when at Disney I do have several of the Hot Link Corndogs for some reason. o_O

I love me some Cafe Orleans, and I don't think we've had slow service there, but here's my take: If you've got one day and the energy to go all day without needing a break, go all day and don't take a prolonged break. There are plenty of great quick service options you can try and even eat on your way to the next ride.

Here is a different but related question. If I am in the park on a busy summer day (say, the 4th of July) and I want to book a table reservation for a time when the park is so busy, and standby lines so long, that I might as well spend an hour at a table service restaurant instead, when is the best time to do it? Late lunch? Early dinner? etc.

Here is a different but related question. If I am in the park on a busy summer day (say, the 4th of July) and I want to book a table reservation for a time when the park is so busy, and standby lines so long, that I might as well spend an hour at a table service restaurant instead, when is the best time to do it? Late lunch? Early dinner? etc.
Yeah, really just work on off-hours. Right at 11am, or 2-4pm.

I love Co and go around 3-3:30 for this same reason. We get to the park at rope drop and by then we're pretty tired and hungry (we snack out of our backpack all morning). The crowds definitely build and we prefer to sit and eat a yummy meal while people watching during this busy time, rather than go back to the hotel to lie down.

DL:
Cafe Orleans is our favorite for TS.
For counter service well often do the Stage door cafe for some comedy, air conditioning and food. I'm not as big a fan of Bengal, high prices and we're always hungry after.
Churros are also a must, and occasionally we do ice cream for lunch ;).

DCA:
We usually do Flos or variations at the Cozy Cone
Pacific wharf soups and salads are great too!
And again, churros!

Yum! We've never done Cove bar but may need to look into that!

We like:

Plaza Inn for fried chicken and their pasta.
Napa Rose for a fancier dinner.
Cafe Orleans, garlic fries. We tried the 3 cheese Monte Cristo and while it was delicious it was so rich. We shared that with fries between 3 people.
The Golden Vinery for a nice time out with apps and a glass of wine.
Flos in DCA for breakfast.

My favorites are not in the Parks- overpriced for the quality, way to heavy. I do everything I can to avoid eating meals there (though I will partake in ice cream and coffee).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter