• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Disney Springs restaurants?

ForEver2016

Mouseketeer
So far we’ve tried Homecomin’ (very disappointing food, won’t try again), d-Luxe Burger (decent), Raglan Road (yum!) and Boathouse (outstanding!). We will be staying close to Disney Springs this time around so would like to spend lots of time dining there.

So far we have T-Rex on the list (solely for our son’s enjoyment haha!) and House of Blues for some shrimp and grits, but would love some suggestions of everyone’s favorites to visit! Some meals will be with the whole family, some will be adults only. Gluten allergy friendly places are a bonus!

FWIW, T-Rex and House of Blues are both chains. T-Rex is owned by the same company who owns Rainforest Café. Because we can do both in other cities (including our home city), we tend to avoid these at Disney Springs in favor of places that are unique to Disney or Florida. Nothing wrong with going to either place though, especially if its for the kiddos, but just pointing that out for consideration.

I'm surprised you didn't like Homecomin'. We had a great meal there in the past and its a must do for a lot of people on the boards.

We spent a lot of time at Disney Springs during our October trip because the parks closed so early. We had a great, impromptu meal at the new Wolfgang Puck. Loved the atmosphere and the wood fired pizza was great - similar to what we used to get at Wolfgang Puck Express. We also enjoyed City Works and Splitsville - both had good food with something for everyone, and both were relatively quiet with easy to get same day reservations on Open Table. Both have great outdoor patios. In terms of QS, Chicken Guy is pretty good - lots of unique sauces to try.

I can't speak to allergy friendly places, but from reading here, it seems most places on Disney property try to be accommodating with this.

Wine Bar George was wonderful. My sister and I split a few apps (SO MUCH CHEESE) and had some really nice cocktails there one night and can't wait to go back.

Jock Lindsey's has some nice appetizers, too. The charcuterie with the giant pretzel was great.

Homecommin is a clear #1 for us. We have had 4 very nice experiences here.
Boathouse would be #2
Enzos Hideout is #3
House of Blues #4

Another vote for Ragland Road. Good food, good entertainment. Not a restaurant but I always find myself at the poutine stand as well. How can anyone pass up french fries and gravy?

Homecomin' is a given, but I can't say enough good things about Wine Bar George. The food is delicious, and the service is excellent.

Regarding Homecomin’... we ate there a couple of years ago, and I was very disappointed. The food, particularly the donuts served alongside the chicken, seemed to be soaked in the frying oil, and the chicken didn’t live up to expectations. However, after reading everyone’s great reviews time and again, we decided to give it another shot on our October trip, and... it was amazing!!! The chicken was perfect and the mashed potatoes were the best I’ve ever had... cocktails were excellent, too! It will definitely be on our list when we return in June.

Jaleo, Morimoto Asia, Wine Bar George (even if you don't like wine- I don't and love the food!), and Terralina Crafted Italian are our go tos!

Rag was a bust for us ....

I suppose if you get a table where you can see the show you can overlook a lot. Our table (yes we had ressie WELL in advance) ... well we could occasionally see a kicked leg of a performer.

Neither of us ate half our meal ..... VERY DISAPPOINTED ... and how they handled the ressie line !!!! We saw walk ups get seated before us (with ressie) and then got a piss poor table ..... never again for this guy.

Love Paddlefish and Earl of Sandwich. Have a Homecomin' ADR in Jan. Never been. Thinking of keeping it just to have dessert. The reviews are on either end of the spectrum, and as we live in Nashville where we can get food of this supposed caliber daily ... not sure I should go out of my way to go here.

Homecomin' was meh for us. The food was great, the service is dismal. You could tell our server had other things on her mind. Not sure if we will return.

Raglan Road, Jaleo, Morimoto, and Boathouse are our favs!! T-Rex is okay too, just go with low expectations and it'll do itself justice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter