Favorite Disney Check children's meals at counter service restaurants for adults?

rabidstoat

Mouseketeer
Having had bariatric surgery, I don't eat much. I've learned about Disney Check children's meals and they seem like a great option as they are smaller portions but not the standard kid menu fare like hot dogs and burgers.

Does anyone have any favorites in the parks from counter service restaurants? I'm interested in options for all but EPCOT (where we're doing the Japanese table service restaurant so I will just off-load food to my family).

For that matter, is there a way to find all the Disney Check kid's meals at counter service restaurants without clicking on all the menus one-by-one?

I don't know of a place where you can look only at the kids' meals. I'd check out the kid choices at "different" counter service places. Avoid places like Casey's, Cosmic Ray's, etc. AK should have a nice selection of decent kids' meals.

Also, some counter service places have sides you could make a meal of, like Yak & Yeti's counter service place. They have a side of chicken fried rice, etc.

I am a fan of the kids mac&cheese at Cosmic Rays with a side of mandarin oranges. They also have a kids grilled chicken sandwich on the menu.

I sometimes order a QS kid meal for myself, although I don’t know of a way to see them all without viewing individual menus.

At AK, Satu’li Canteen has several kid’s bowls that are good. For resort breakfast I go for a kids portion of Mickey waffles because I don’t need to eat a whole pile of these!

Many of the options have a basic entree like pasta or a sandwich, but let you choose sides so you can select fruit or some other healthy option. Usually the fruit is a Cutie mandarin, which is a nice portable snack if you don’t want it right then.

I've found in many of the resort QS locations, you can ask for just scrambled eggs and that's what you'll get- at a fairly reasonable price. I had bariatric surgery also and can't eat the potatoes, rice, waffles, toast, etc that are part of many kids meals, so I just order the eggs. I sometimes have ordered just an appetizer for my meal, or split a dinner with someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter